The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Responses to Plea for Aid for Hlint received  (Read 602 times)

Anamnesis

Responses to Plea for Aid for Hlint received
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:07:47 am »
//to help keep this all in one place for the DM's, I have posted this, still feel free to post individual threads, but I will keep an eye and put what you have done so far here. These are so far the responses to aid that have come in.

Quote from: miltonyorkcastle
As the call goes out for aid, he assures his former teacher, Elohanna, that although it would take more than a month for supplies to reach Hlint from Leringard, he can offer a donation of True and spirits (alcohol for the wounds), both of which he can teleport directly to Hlint (or rather, some distance outside of it due to the quarantine) or Fort Llast as needed within a few days (being that he can carry the goods himself).

EDIT: To be clear, Steel was in Hlint before the battle at Moraken's was finished.

Quote from: karitas
Karitas - Adventurer Donation Agents arranges for the immediate transfer of 100,000 true  to assist the residents of the township of Hlint. The moneys are available for immediate disbursement at the discretion of the ruling council of Hlint and the Aeridinite Sisters of Rebirth, as appointed by Queen Mourning of Trelania to oversee aid efforts during this time of tragedy and suffering.

Quote from: Warchild214
After the messenger birds are sent off, Leaf starts preparing the Oxen teams for K.A.R.T transport and starts loading numerous fresh water jugs, blankets, food rations, bandages, stretchers, blankets, healing potions and clean surgical blades onto the carts and wagons. He receives word from the hospital staff that the K.A.R.T members have heeded the call and some will be in arriving in Krandor shortly and the others are making their way to Hlint this very minute.

Quote from: RollinsCat
Andrew, just in the door after returning to the Buckle, gets the notice and and begs Autumn to stay with Ty until Tyra can come, and to write her to do so. He loads up sacks with all the healing supplies they were storing for the clinic and rolls a few empty kegs left over from Weary Traveler days to the portal.

Letting the staff know to use their judgement on whether to stay open in light of recent events and the intense construction, he puts Michael in charge, leads Sonata to the portal, and pushes the barrels ahead before following with the sacks and his horse.

In Center is Ribeye, his trusted - well, placid - ox. Unhappy to have his meal and rest disturbed the ox only tolerates having the kegs and sacks strapped to him. Andrew, Sonata, and Ribs make for Hlint, stopping in Krandor to rent or buy a wagon and check the hospital for anyone - KART would be useful right about now!. The kegs are filled with water that smells now faintly of hops and malt, and using Sonata as a wagon horse - a role she seems to know, from some time in her past - they head to Hlint.

Quote from: minerva
Within hours of messages arriving at the harborside home of the Foundation head, the dockside building springs into action. Men can be seen loading hand carts and a few caravaan wagons with sacks of grain, barrels of salted meat, wine, ale and crates of the first of the harvest apples and root crops. Bolts of strong cloth and staves are loaded into the wagons as women sit on the ends of the carts stiching what looks like tent panels.
The red headed Katrien is directing the distrubution of materials and the formation of the caravaan. Lightly armored and armed men form up to protect the goods as they leave the gates of Port Hempshire and head north. Rumor is they are heading to the bard's former home town in Hlint as some sort of catastophy has happened there. The lady herself mounts a chestnut horse and rides ahead out of the city and in the same direction after relaying requests to other guild members and friends. A trained falcon flies at her side as she paces her mount over the fields out of the city.

// The Foundation has a large amount of supplies ready and on their way to the town. Kat plans to head to Drake ahead of the convoy to ask for some of the fall harvest to be sent to Hlint. The armsmen are under the command of NPC Braonan and suitable amount for their hire will be taken from Foundation accounts.
//any PC's that wish to assist the Foundation please contact me.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, RollinsCat, Warchild214

MadHattan

Re: Responses to Plea for Aid for Hlint received
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:25:55 am »
At the Tower Academy of Hempstead, Omer sits in his quiet office sifting through the correspondence of the day. Reading Elohanna's request for aid, Omer calls a tower meeting of the faculty and students.  After explaining the situation and the request for aid from Elohanna, their beloved faculty member and former Tower Headmistress, Omer asks that half the faculty remain at the Tower with the younger students and the other half take the older students and travel to Fort Llast with medical supplies and food.  

Concluding the meeting the Tower alights with excited activity.  Over the next three days, carts are gathered and loaded up with haste and students and faculty rush about making preparations.

Hurrying about the tower, Omer checks and refreshes the subtle Divination wards to notify him of who is in the Tower and the Tower's state then Omer refreshes the not so subtle Abjuration wards on the structure of the Tower protecting it from the elements.  Omer methodically readies his light campaign pack filling several enchanted bags with medical supplies and food from the Tower's stores.  Back in his office Omer dips generously into his cache of Mistone True gold coins and looks about checking off his to do list in his head.  Satisfied he addressed everything; he evokes his Tome and within an instant arrives in Fort Llast.

Anamnesis

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 11:22:23 am »
//OOC to help represent what each group is doing to aid, can you please place a marked chest in your organizations to place the donations so that the DM's can more easily access them and notify Rowana when they need to be collected. Thank you all very much!!
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

RollinsCat

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 11:25:16 am »
//a chest will go into the Silver Buckle for donations tonight.

cbnicholson

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 11:27:35 am »
Daniel affixes a newly scripted label over a chest in the entryway of the Angels Guild.  It reads "Hlint Relief Supplies and Donations".
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Alatriel

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 12:22:55 pm »
As part of a relief effort, by order of Daniella Stormhaven, Toranites in Ft. Llast are continuing to support those from Hlint that evacuated to their area from Hlint and those that may have settled or camped between the two towns.  Word has been sent out to Toranite followers in neighboring towns to see if anyone else is able to offer any support in any way whether it be housing refugees to donating supplies to the victims of the plague, food, etc.

jrizz

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 01:03:48 pm »
Wren having returned from Nith on word of the disaster goes to his shared residence in Krandor. Although it is a far distance from Hlint he makes ready the rooms of his house for any who will make it this far and need a roof. He informs the hospital that there is extra room at his house and that the staff can use it as they see fit. Wren then goes to the bank and removes half of the true he has, instead of buying blankets and food to bring to Hlint he takes the bank note and brings it to Ft. Llast knowing that Daniella and the Toranites will be in need of funds.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 01:37:05 pm »
//// There is a chest in the Arms now, behind Lily the Hostess. It has a few items in it. ////

minerva

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 06:41:38 pm »
As Kat and her mount draw nearer to Hlint the extent of the damage becomes apparent. The quarentine of the town and dispersal of peoples to neighboring villages coupled with battles has left scars on the land. Those who prey on such situations have been hard at work by all accounts. Fields that should hold livestock are empty or nearly so. The beasts have either wandered off or predated without shepards and keepers to watch them or the best beasts rustled by the unscrupulous. Fields of summer forage are trampled or sway in the autumn breezes over ripe and unharvested. There will be serious lack of food for the coming winter if what still stands is not harvested and even if it is, the quality because of the delay will be compromised.
 The people of the area of Hlint are at risk of starving not only this winter but in the ones to come if something is not done quickly. Emergency casks and bags of food will be a stop gap only.
 She pens a message to Braonan to try and recruit laborers on the trek to the town with a promise of some coin in their pockets for hard work and a chance to travel.

Gulnyr

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 12:42:58 am »
*Several days after the attack, Jennara arrives from the east wearing the colors and crest of Trelania.  She leads an ox and a small, two-wheeled cart with a modest supply of grain, medical supplies, and clothing.  She circles Hlint until she finds Katrien.*

Hello.  I received your letter.  I am glad you are here.  *She motions toward the materials in the cart.*  I brought assistance from the citizens of Echo.

How can I help?

minerva

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 03:02:01 pm »
Jennara, with the recent attack, the crown will likely be reluctant to send troops to aid and protect the harvest when there are mightier concerns in the kingdom but perhaps you could help organize some of the locals into a militia and work crews?

We'll need to build some form of storage shed and root cellars to hold the supplies as we cannot enter the town and many farms are abandoned or destroyed.  We can salvage what we can but some will have to made new.

Daniel , I believe, is traveling with Braonan and the supplies from the guild hall and I hope picking up some workers and tradesmen along the way. They should arrive shortly.

Pehaps word can be sent to Llast as well to see if they have workers or milita to spare...

Gulnyr

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 07:03:05 pm »
*Jennara asks a few questions, waiting for the answer to each before asking the next.

Are there any servants of Nature or mages who can have a bird or other flying creature carry a request to Fort Llast?  That would be faster than sending a runner.

Are there weapons and shields available for the militia, or will they need to provide their own equipment?

Is this the central gathering point for materials and supplies?

*After getting the information she needs, Jennara moves among the busy people.  She spends the day saying things like, "Do you need that?  I need to build a storage shed," "If you can hold a spear and face the same direction as everyone else, you will do fine," and, "How can I help?"*

cbnicholson

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 09:21:57 am »
After Daniel arrives with Braonon and the supplies, he asks the Queen's Guard to deliver a message to the Sister of Mercy, specifically, Lady Elohanna.  It reads:

Lady Elohanna,

What news of the sickness can you share?  I and many others bring supplies but have heard little word from inside Hlint proper, but know our hearts and prayers are with you and your sisters in this struggle.  While I cannot speak with authority for mine own church, know that both Section Commander Jennara and myself are near to lend aid should you need it along with many others.

Andrew misses you terribly and while a fine entertainer, he lacks a certain grace when pouring drinks at the bar.

Your friend,

Daniel.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Anamnesis

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »
//ooc any who are willing to risk exposure are also welcome to be at the cdq THURSDAY NIGHT (should not write while at work). I am not closing it off to invitees only but I suspect only a handful will be able to make it anyway and any help is welcome.

A letter is sent back out to Daniel to share with those he is able.

Dear Daniel,

It has been confirmed the water supplies are contaminated here, and it appears the contagen is spread through the water as well as contact with bodily fluids, blood from the sores and from husband and wife kissing, even the gentle embrace of a parent trying to comfort their children has helped it spread among the people. We are trying as hard as we can to find a cure and bring comfort with the supplies that have been brought in. I am very sorry that there has not been much word sent out, but there has not been much news to share.

Any who enter the city itself become exposed to the illness and we are working with what supplies we are able to find a cure. I have been studying the illness as intently as I can with the aid of Sister Moonriver and the aid of the al'noth. I have even sent word to Moraken to find out if he remembers anything about the events and the magic that he could during and after the attack and he was unable to provide any more insight.

Currently we are flying blind and fighting something we know very little about. If there is any information that you or any of the others can provide to us, it may provide the little bit of information we need in order to find the cure.

Please keep watch over My Beloved Andrew. I miss him dearly but it comforts me to know that he is not here. Please continue to send what supplies you are able, blankets, bandages, fresh water especially as they provide an enormous comfort to the sick. Pray for all of us here that we should soon find the cure we are seeking to cure the sick.

Elohanna
 Priestess of the Lifebringer
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 12:00:32 pm »
An old man dressed in red and black, wearing a Medal of Honor on his chest and a great sword strapped to his back, rides up to Hlint on an equally old black horse pulling a cart with numerous barrels of water.  A young boy sits on edge of the cart, seemingly trying to make sure the barrels don't fall off.  He stops at one of the guard posts and waves.

"Howdy!  I'm Shiff Dragonheart.  Ah just made mah way 'ere from Port Hempstead.  Mighty long rahde...  Anyway!  These barrels are fer the town.  Where should'ah puttum?"

He dismounts and looks at the cart, seeing the boy about to jump off.  "Nuh uh, Tyr'riel.  You stay in the cart.  If yer ma and pa fahnd out I brought you here day'll not let me baby sit no more."

The boy just sits back down on a barrel.

//I'm assuming Shiff would not have much trouble attaining at least 5 barrels of water.  If this would incur some kind of financial cost, let me know.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 12:20:46 am »
At a different date and time, Tyra approaches on of the Guard Captains.

"I would like to be able to provide the Aeridinites with some fresh clothes, but I'd need some things from the abandoned Hlint crafthouse.  Any chance I could get a tanning tub, the cotton picks and spinning wheel?  Otherwise I'd have to travel all the way to Port Hempstead for a public crafting house, and then back."

//This is not a request for crafting stations to be put outside Hlint, just if Tyra could RP-wise be able to use some to make some things for those in Hlint.

Hellblazer

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 04:46:28 pm »
Hearing the news of Hlint's plight, and after speaking with Hanna, Sil'via head to the Krandor hospital where she takes what ever supplies she deems would be useful for the temple of Hlint and what is already prepared. Packing them securely in clothed boxes, to cushion the travel and handling, she heads for Hlint. Once there, she carefully writes notes on the boxes and with the help of her Falcon, she drops the cushioned boxes over the walls of Hlint.

"I hope this will help a little" She says to herself before she heads into the forest to gather other reagent that the temple might need for their healing supplies.

//Just my way of responding to Anamnesis inquiry if I was going to attend.

Rowana

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 08:28:56 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
At a different date and time, Tyra approaches on of the Guard Captains.

"I would like to be able to provide the Aeridinites with some fresh clothes, but I'd need some things from the abandoned Hlint crafthouse.  Any chance I could get a tanning tub, the cotton picks and spinning wheel?  Otherwise I'd have to travel all the way to Port Hempstead for a public crafting house, and then back."

//This is not a request for crafting stations to be put outside Hlint, just if Tyra could RP-wise be able to use some to make some things for those in Hlint.

The Guard, while understanding of the need, shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am, due to the way the contagion seems to spread, we are unable to bring out anything that may have been touched by someone who was ill." He pauses thoughtfully, "You might see with some of the merchants that are having to go around Hlint if they have something in a smaller version of these equipment. My lass back home is a wonder with the drop spinner and small loom. I'd bet that if your used to those larger contraptions you'll manage those sorts just fine." He seems done but then adds as an afterthought, "If you plan on tanning though, we'd ask if you do it out a ways from here, that scent lingers something fierce. More a matter of comfort for those of us stationed here you understand..." He waves one gauntleted hand in front of his nose a couple of times with a slightly soured expression to illustrate for whatever reason.

Rowana

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 08:32:06 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
Hearing the news of Hlint's plight, and after speaking with Hanna, Sil'via head to the Krandor hospital where she takes what ever supplies she deems would be useful for the temple of Hlint and what is already prepared. Packing them securely in clothed boxes, to cushion the travel and handling, she heads for Hlint. Once there, she carefully writes notes on the boxes and with the help of her Falcon, she drops the cushioned boxes over the walls of Hlint.

"I hope this will help a little" She says to herself before she heads into the forest to gather other reagent that the temple might need for their healing supplies.

//Just my way of responding to Anamnesis inquiry if I was going to attend.

With the first batch of Sil'via's attempted drops she is stopped by the guard, politely. They offer to see the goods transferred in but ask that the bird be left completely outside of the walls. They reinforce firmly but politely that no one goes in, not even critters, unless they are intended to stay (and very likely be eaten).

Hellblazer

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 02:44:04 am »
She shows them the goods in question, ingredients to make healing potions and already made potions. She also explains to them that even if the bird stays into the compound it will eventually disappear as it is a magical summon that she called forth to aid her with the task.