The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Project Falcon  (Read 1025 times)

Lalaith Va'lash

Re: Project Falcon
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 08:37:57 am »
// Hi All,

I am unsure at this point if Lal will be able to make this tonight. I went from No, to maybe, to yes, and then back to maybe on the calender the last couple weeks... so as you can see life is a little unpredictable (and busy!) right now.O.o

I'll be at my college working all day on finishing my Thesis.  and.. I really won't know until I get home, when I'll be home.  Sorry :rolleyes:

LV

Asmodean

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 12:40:09 pm »
// Sorry folks, but my travel plans have changed and Iradril will not be able to accompany you on this important excursion.  I wish you all the best of luck.  I have changed my status on the calendar.

scifibarbie

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 08:52:30 pm »
the falcons have flown...:D

Darkness surrounds them, enemies are on all sides. :o

Discoveries have been made, conjecture on the nature of the cloud...or is all in their heads. O.o

the long dark path lies ahead of them still.

orth

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 10:08:32 pm »
Plen counsels quietly with the group while resting and recuperating inside the cave right near the entrance outside to the mountains of madness.

He gives Emie a warm look, her body reknit just recently.  Terror from behind, dark elves, meteor swarms, and the fear of cave ins made for a confused battle.

It is better than I expected deep within the darkness.  I am not sure if it the testament to nature's perseverance or if the darkness some how continues to provide for life.

I will find feathers to seek out Lalaith, she can be found if she wishes to be

Is there anyone else you know who could get here as swift as shadow?

A sudden rock slide jolts Plen to his feet as the spiders cascade from the ceiling. He swiftly blesses the group with protections from poison and disease and reaches for his pick and shield.

stragen

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 11:19:51 pm »
* After the spider are chased back into their holes Jin turns to speak.  He gestures to the bodies of the Dark Elves *.

If these are the ones who were watching us.  A patrol perhaps, that followed us into this cave.  Then they may have had the answers we seek.  

* As he speaks he recovers the bloodied robes and cloak of the of the caster who attacked them. *

I wonder if where they came from an who they are to report to.  They may have followed our tracks.  We could do the same, and follow theirs.

* He throws the spidery weaved cloak over his shoulder and turn to look at the group.  Removing his peaked hat, his face is seen, and for a moment he looks like a surprising convincing dark elf.*

Just say the word I will call one who can follow their scent back.   But, it means more magic.

Masterjack

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 07:37:58 am »
I'm just worried dat dey might have sent word back of our presence. If deh had recognized Plen, which is easy teh do wit his wings and all. Dhen yea can bet he(Milara) himself will show up teh deal wit us.

So lets get deh bloody hell out of dis trap of a cave and on teh our objective

*looks to Jin* If yea can do that great, but I tink we need teh make sure dey not be waitin outside fer us first.

scifibarbie

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 02:04:47 pm »
Well...this cave at least doesnt seem to lead anywhere else.

I think we may have stumbled onto some giants lair. Glad it wasnt anything worse.

We may be lucky though. My experience with teh dark elves is they usually travel together in small packs when patrolling. This was a lone mage. Where was the rest of his patrol?

Perhaps we got lucky and he was coming her for minerals or whatever on his own...I know many mages who do such things. We may have surprised him as much as he surprised us.

But then, as I think about this...the rest of the patrol may be waiting for him outside and not heard us. I mean..wouldnt they have coming running to his aid if they had? If they are there..we need to kill them as fast as possible and let none escape.

And maybe if we are lucky, we can take one as a prisoner to interrogate first. He may be able to answer some of our questions.

*She then bites her lip and pauses as she realizes the gravity of what she is about to say next.

We can dispose of him after. We cant leave any that would alert 'him' to our presence here. More so than he may or may not know.

*after a moment she continues

Master beli is right though..we need to press on. We need to discover what is happening. That is our primary goal here.

scifibarbie

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 02:15:45 pm »
//next session...same time same day.

3pm PDT, 5pm EDT on saturday.

Meeting point to be announced.

I have pm'd L as to how he wants us to get back to the cave. We can either try to arrange to have a gm port us there directly, or we can have plen lead us there as he knows the way if thats possible. Im not sure if the paths into the mountains were blocked by the GMs since anyone travelling there required a gm along.

Let me know what you think.

As far as the 2 that can join us afterwards. Lalith should definitely be along i think- due to her gift, and others should either be krys or omer as they have been along since the beginning.

ALso...emie informed me she may not be able to make it next session due to RL obligations. She will try though.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 03:19:04 pm »
//If this is Saturday April 12th or Saturday April 26th I can be there.  On Saturday April 19th I cannot as I will be in NYC for a conference for school.

----

*A dark figure listens from the shadows*

Knowing she was late to the meeting... but not wanting to leave Av'ariela with anybody but Quillwem she waited for the Emerald to arrive home and missed the others' departure.

Knowing the path that was laid out before them, she starts on her way, eyes and ears attuned and searching for any that may have had a message for her.

scifibarbie

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 03:26:16 pm »
I have just posted the next event on the calender.

Please sign up so we know who all is gonna be there.

Thanks guys! :D

orth

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 12:23:55 pm »
The lithe swallow flitters in and out of the darkness before landing on a jutted rock overhanging a cliff face.

Her tiny chirp echoes across the canyon blending in with the wolf howls and winds.  She tilts her head to many angles and presses her eyes through the darkness.

The chirp continues..

Leanthar

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 04:26:34 pm »
Hi folks. I am going to have to cancel today's event. RL is hectic today and my wife and I are going over legal documents etc. (blah).

I have rescheduled it on my calendar for the 26th, at the same time.

Sorry for the short notice.

stragen

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 05:49:35 pm »
// Yah, I can go back to sleep. //

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 06:01:03 pm »
No problem at all L.

Thanks for the heads up!

scifibarbie

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 05:23:54 pm »
Sorry it took me a bit.

I just put the rescheduled event on the player calender.

ycleption

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 06:20:46 pm »
IC:

*after sitting for a bit meditating calmly, Drexia looks up and addresses the group*

Alright. So we have some decisions to make.
I think it is apparent that coming this direction, and searching this cave was a mistake, but we need to put that behind us and focus on what lies ahead. I think we should proceed to the south, as we had originally planned.
From the beginning, this was intended as a stealth mission. We seem to have forgotten that. Now that we have been discovered by a patrol, and used the Al'Noth quite a bit, are we going to continue to try and make our way through this land by force should we encounter opposition, or are we going to try and return to our original plan, and use the darkness here to our advantage?
Personally, I think the former is a mistake, but I will let those with more experience advise the group. I have faith in this group's abilities to follow either path, but I want to make sure we make wise decisions, and do not squander this opportunity to discover what lies at the heart of the the swirling darkness. **looks around her* If the patrol that found us has alerted others, those with eyes accustomed to this darkness, perhaps we don't have a chance to avoid more fighting even if we do hide... but I at least think we should try.
Those of you with magical knowledge... do you have any sense about how to gather information about the swirling cloud once we get to the center? Any rituals that you can perform to divine information?
*looks around to the group for response*

scifibarbie

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 09:01:38 pm »
Im not sure we have been discovered yet miss drexi.

It was one lone mage who stumbled upon us. We made enough noise in the fight with him, if he had a patrol they would have come a running to fight.

IF we are lucky he was coming here for some of the minerals by himself. If we arent so lucky..then the rest of his patrol is waiting outside for him, probably on a ridge somewhere within sight of the entrance.

We do know this cave doesnt lead anywhere and those that saw us have been dispatched.

As far as the cloud, I couldnt sense anything magical about it. I do think the darkness here is normal though. The cloud is just blocking the light.

My opinion though, is that we continue to move with stealth, and continue south. We need to figure out for certain what is creating the cloud, and its purpose.

ycleption

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 09:07:09 pm »
*Drexia draws her brows together* I could have been confused in the middle of battle, and been seeing things amidst the corpses of the spiders and the giants, but I certainly seem to recall fighting more than a lone mage... I don't know how many typically make up a patrol, but it seemed like a patrol to me... *looks to the others, with a confused look, for confirmation one way or the other*

Serissa

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2008, 09:49:18 pm »
//Sorry, I'll be out of town--cheering at my grandson's soccer tournament.

Masterjack

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 07:38:34 am »
*looks to Drexia* Aye yea be right. It was two warriors and a mage that we fought. I ran past deh warriors and and went straight to deh mage.