The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Project Falcon  (Read 1026 times)

scifibarbie

Project Falcon
« on: March 16, 2008, 04:40:47 pm »
//If you werent involved in the gathering, please dont post here. Also, unless you were involved..you dont know a thing. :D

The first gathering has occurred. Information was shared, plans discussed and decisions made.

Now preparations begin for the journey ahead.

For those that need to be contacted, squirrels and birds start to relay messages. :D

//Thanks to everyone who showed up to get this started! This is our nest. :D

ycleption

Re: Project Falcon
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:10:32 pm »
Can we just start by having everyone involved thus far post with times and time zone they are generally available?

Late evenings CDT are generally best for me, and Sunday and Thursday are ideal days most weeks. I can sometimes do Monday or Wednesday mornings, so long as things are done by noonish CDT, and sometimes other times during the weekends.

Masterjack

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:59:04 pm »
Evenings and weekends EST. I just need to give my wife some notice for when I plan an event. So the sooner I give her the time the better it is for me;)

scifibarbie

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:21:48 pm »
//I am available most evenings CDT and wednesdays, Fridays & sundays

Just need some advance notice for specific things

scifibarbie

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:34:00 pm »
Abi takes a long stroll thru Alindor, especially the Morholt Kingdom. She is gathering nuts and berries and  stopping by various inns along the way.

She keeps her head covered, and listens to the local news. Listening for comments in regards to the current goings on near the borders of the mountains of madness.

Trying to gather news of the current state of the Morholt Kingdom and its relationship with Milara currently. Any rumors or hearsay, along wth substantiated news.

Before heading out, she sends word via falcon to Drexia.
The letter reads:
"Miss Drexi,

Im heading to Alindor to check the paths and here the news.

See you soon

A"

scifibarbie

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:48:26 am »
*On her journey it occurs to ABi to send word to the bird lord.

She talks to one of her feathered friends and bids him to seek the bird lord out and have him seek her out.

scifibarbie

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 04:21:15 pm »
Birds have gone out.

One last gathering before the journey begins. What shall be revealed? What news is there.

Are things ready to proceed?

//sorry guys..i think i screwed up on te date mailed out. This is the updated one. Let me know if it works

scifibarbie

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 04:01:30 pm »
The falcons are leaving their nests. Gathering on the winds of chaos.

The journey begins.

ycleption

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 08:18:40 pm »
//Can I ask all the people who are involved to RSVP, even if it is just a maybe? Thus far Abi and I are the only ones who have... I know it's a bit far off at this point, but if possible, giving us an idea of who can or can't be there would be great. Because of the IC nature of the quest, a good deal of secrecy is involved, and the party size is limited; I want to make sure that this doesn't feel like an exclusive "in-group" affair OOCly, so I want to be able to invite other characters if those who currently know about the trip can't come. We have a good number of people involved already, and a lot more people's names have been mentioned who don't know about this yet, and I know some of them would probably be interested if asked, but we need time to RP inviting them and explaining to them what's involved if people can't make it.
Thanks.

orth

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 11:15:43 pm »
Quote from: scifibarbie
The falcons are leaving their nests. Gathering on the winds of chaos.

The journey begins.

The link you pointed to is wrong and confusing the calendar system which is arguably a bug.  You are pointing to the date of April 21st and people are already RSVPd to that date when the event is April 5th. The event URL is here:

http://forums.layonara.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=6322&day=2008-04-05

Gulnyr

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 12:36:34 pm »
Also, from the calendar entry:
Time: 3pm PDT
1pm CDT
12 pm EDT
7am aest

These times are confusing.  3pm PDT is 5pm CDT and 6pm EDT.

scifibarbie

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 01:09:31 pm »
bugger...i hate conversions. I got em backwards it looks like. Sorry folks. I jsut updated and corrected teh it.

Thansk

scifibarbie

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 06:15:33 pm »
The last meeting has been held and final preparations are being made. 8)

But has something compromised the team? :o

Time will tell. ;)

scifibarbie

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 07:21:11 pm »
I updated the start location on the calendar event.

See ya there :D

scifibarbie

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 01:24:30 pm »
*birds fly out to those making the dangerous journey.

Falcons...

We need a boat for our plan. Do we trust the katherians and charter one there, or do we charter one out of the western gate of corsain?

The thread we need to tie up before our trip.

Sparrow :D

(A)

Skywatcher

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 05:58:35 pm »
*privately to Krysthalien and Abi*  I think you should use our boat that we have chartered out of Hempstead if you need a secure and trustworthy crew.

scifibarbie

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 06:24:21 pm »
*nods...she takes miss clarissa and Krys into the basher guild hall and after checking taht all is quiet and empty..

She tells miss clarissa that her aid is most appreciated. She then informs her of the nature of the trip and the dangers involved.

If she is certain the crew is up for it and can be trusted, then the falcons would greatly appreciate all the help the can get.

She then asks miss clarissa not to bring this forward to anyone, not the capt or the crew..until the rest of the falcons have agreed to it.

//will pm clarissa once the rest of the falcons agree

the falcons can reply here to make it easy :D

Masterjack

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 07:06:24 pm »
Quote from: scifibarbie
*nods...she takes miss clarissa and Krys into the basher guild hall and after checking taht all is quiet and empty..

She tells miss clarissa that her aid is most appreciated. She then informs her of the nature of the trip and the dangers involved.

If she is certain the crew is up for it and can be trusted, then the falcons would greatly appreciate all the help the can get.

She then asks miss clarissa not to bring this forward to anyone, not the capt or the crew..until the rest of the falcons have agreed to it.

//will pm clarissa once the rest of the falcons agree

the falcons can reply here to make it easy :D

//I did the same thing with Sallaron..I thought I was getting the ship stuff arranged *shrugs*

*pm sent to Abi*

scifibarbie

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 07:31:12 pm »
*after contacting master beli, she defers to his wisdom.

Please inform the flock and keep us apprised of the situation master beli.

Im sorry if i screwed up your plans. I did tell her that I would ask the flocks opinion on this before agreeing.  I will let you take care of the matter from here on out.

*she then leaves him with a 4 pack of beer and some pie

scifibarbie

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 03:40:32 am »
*a note is dropped off by birds to the various falcons.

Master Jin has said he is unsure whether his duties will prevent him from joining us.

He has recommended armolas folian to replace him shoudl he be unable to attend.

I know armolas, and i trust master jin implicitly. Armolas is an excellent tracker adn scout.

Please let me know if this is acceptable. I am sorry for the last minute notice, but i jsut received the letter from master jin.

A