The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: ancient dire bear armor - I will make  (Read 545 times)

davidhoff

ancient dire bear armor - I will make
« on: May 21, 2009, 03:24:16 am »
I have some ancient dire bear leather.  I need the practice and would like to try to make some armor for someone.  Please post if you would like a set of Ancient Dire Bear Leather, Hide or Studded Leather Armor.  Please include a reasonable price you are willing to pay and I will attempt some for you.  

Tralek

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin

superdoofus

Re: ancient dire bear armor - I will make
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 07:23:26 am »
//  Base armor class of dire bear and lev?
I might Be interested.
Castor.

Falonthas

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:11:36 am »
* a leaf is tacked atop the first post announcing the bear leather with letters in gemstones dust and sap*  wary should be those who kill the elder bears, for "practice" or perhaps when next you hunt you may find yourself the one looking down from the bears hide rack being tanned

if you doubt the chance ask around to speak to johan of hlint

*a single K and a Pawprint marks the leaf*

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 10:05:00 am »
Lad, any time ye want to live up to yer ideals, I'm willing to make ye ah noice elven style chain shirt of anything up to adamantium.  I'll even do it free of charge, just for you druids, so you don't have to bear the guilt on your shoulders of supporting some crafter who no doubt had to kill thousands of animals learning how to make the fancy dire leathers ye be wearing.  Just think about it, not a single animal needs to die for metal armor.  Metal doesn't scream as ye harvest it.  It doesn't bleat in emotive sounds ye understand, "dear Katia! who killed my mommy?".  It also doesn't wear out as easily.  Follow the way of the dwarf and leave the savage life behind.  For every noice dire leather armor a druid wears, at least thousands of animals died at the hands of the crafter who made them for you.  And you place true into those very same, bloodstained hands.  Repent, save the animals!  Buy a bloody chain shirt!

PS: Ask a treant how he feels about yew staves and vegetarianism.  It aint pretty! :)

-Bjornigar Ironguts

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 10:09:52 am »
*Grovel sees the post by Bjornigar and contemplates a nice set of dwarf leathers*

Stupid dwarf, is not issue of morals of killing.  Vegetarian is just another word for bad hunter.  Is that nobody overhunt them so they go extinct.  You know, like you did to Haven's gems and metals.  Bad for craft too.  If bear try to eat you, kill it, eat it and try to make skins.  Just don't do so much that they die out, then you precious crafting gone.

Johan get what he deserve.  Find out about last bear of its kind then kill it just for himself.  How would you feel if somebody nabbed the last Mithral?

davidhoff

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 11:08:43 am »
Ahhh....didn't you know that Men hunt bear and miners pick at rocks?  Further, how many animals and natural creatures where killed to make the many travels with pick to the cave where the rocks lie?  To wear a finely made leather is to wear with honor.  The bear you bested will look down on you from the stars with pride as you keep his pelt in battle where it belongs.

Don't go into country with lanky and heavy metal armor like a knight who sits to guard a castle....no....you want to be light and move around your foe and strike him with strong arms that have not lamented in carrying such a house as metal armor.  Leather armor is the way to go for all vested and savy Woodsmen.

//got this from the Raven Trade Company 10/08 post:
Ancient Dire Bear Leather Armor:
  - Leather: AC+3, concentration +3, Lvl rqd 16
  - Hide: AC+3 (+4 vs slashing), concentration +3, Lvl rqd 22
  - Studded Leather Armor: AC+3 (+4 vs piercing), concentraton +3, Lvl rqd 22

Script Wrecked

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 12:32:44 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin
*Grovel sees the post by Bjornigar and contemplates a nice set of dwarf leathers*

How would you feel if somebody nabbed the last Mithral?

// *cough* That maybe sooner than you think... ;) //

anything