The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Erk  (Read 172 times)

stragen

Erk
« on: April 03, 2007, 04:01:23 am »
Dear Friends,

I have the sad news to inform you that the Good Dwarf Erk was killed in battle fighting Fisterion, Ancient King of the Dragons.

His death was one of great bravery in a time of chaos and destruction.  His actions surely saved the lives of others.

He will be greatly missed by friends and companions.  His deeds hold true as a follower of Vorax, and his legend and name will not be forgotten.  

In faith and hope,

Jin Lun Lee
Servant of the Longstrider.

oneqtbebe

• Followers of Beryl
    • View Profile
Re: Erk
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 04:51:14 am »
Erk? Nooo! *he screams*

hawklen

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 06:42:37 am »
*A dwarf with a scythe resting on his shoulders pauses, reads the note and pens a reply*

You fools. Going into Fisterion's layer? That is a death sentence. The foolish and weak perish.

*he shakes his head at the stupidity of others*

Black Cat

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:28:54 am »
Ah hope he be not playin' one ov his tricks again...

Please bring da body ta da temple in Ulgrid, an' ah be takin' care ov it from here.

http://www.layonara.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=104&day=2007-4-7&c=2

Grohin Silveraxe, battlepriest ov Vorax

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:19:01 am »
'ells... Dat lad was braver den a rager.  I'll miss 'is beard ta be sure.

scifibarbie

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 03:37:02 pm »
Well...It wasnt me makin da mistake dis toime.

Ah well...He was a strange fellow. Too polite fer a dwarf, nad a magicker to boot!

I hope he enjoys ta beer in Vorax's hall. If he died da gud foight and fer his friends den Vorax may fergive his magikin.

Poor Dalan...:(

Timmy0420

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 06:19:34 pm »
*tadhg sees the poster on the wall and pens his own reply* i will be at the funeral and would like to say a few words. unfortunately, his body cannot be returned to the ulgrid temple because he fell deep in the dragons lair.

and to whom it may concern, i would much rather be a dead fool than a living coward.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:30:04 pm »
*she tacks on a note*
Erk died a death that is to be remembered. To die by the hand of Fisterion is no fool death, but a proper final death that is meant to be told in legends. This is no story of idiots or cowards, but an unfortunate event in the most appropriate place for Erk.
I will be at the funeral. He was one of the nicest dwarves I have ever met, and will always remember.
- Kinai Kinsei

OldBear

• The Angels Guild
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:29:04 pm »
Written in a rather shakey hand is the following:

Erk was many things, my dear friend in particular, but he was no fool.  If dere be others who wish to debate de issue my axe, Tempest, stands ready to discuss de matter further.

Dalan

OldBugEye

• Followers of Shadon
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 08:42:06 pm »
*Writes a letter to Erk and then places it by a single candle in the Church of Toran in Fort Llast*

Dear Erk,

Alas our exercises must never have thinned you up enough to get out of the way of that old bird.  If only we would have worked harder... I'll miss you, for my time should have come long before yours.  *a tear marks the page*  Ye'll be missed good dwarf.  Your heart and soul will bare Toran's blessing as sure as I write this letter.  I don't know if I can bare witness to your to funeral.... I may just wait my time alone in the hill's, thinking on the best of our times.  The snakes, spiders, trolls, giants, and all the rest of it.  Ho, the exercise we once had.  Vorax is proud good friend, Vorax is proud.

My best always,
Silverhand.

Black Cat

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 07:42:55 pm »
*tacks a note*

Da funeral going ta take place one hour later dan previously announced ta allow friends ta reach Ulgrid in a toimely fashion.

Grohin.

http://www.layonara.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=104&day=2007-4-7&c=2
//meet by the temple of Vorax at 11 GMT
//and somehow the sign up for it disappeared as I updated the time so, please sign up again if you wish.

Black Cat

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 08:16:58 am »
*posted under the notices is an elegant scroll*

aragwen

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 08:33:52 am »
*Jacchri walks in and see all the messages about Erk when he reads the one about being a fool he pauses a moment, takes out a quill, but then turns and walks away*

*At the door he stops and then walks back and starts writing*

"His death was one of great bravery in a time of chaos and destruction. His actions surely saved the lives of others"

and

"Erk died a death that is to be remembered. To die by the hand of Fisterion is no fool death, but a proper final death that is meant to be told in legends."

Was the words mentioned by others, but I ask of you how many lives could still be lost due to these actions. This is something that would surely go down in legends yes, the foolish dwarf that started a war with dragons. You think Fisterion, Ancient King of the Dragons, will just let this pass lightly?

In future please dont just think of your own glory in these acts of stupidity but also all those others innocents in the world you affect by your actions.

Now I know Erk is gone and he cant make right what he did wrong, but let his foolish act be a lesson to us all.

Jacchri

*under the name is a rough picture of a wolf's paw*

Timmy0420

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 07:37:43 pm »
jacchri you are a coward. fisterion is a creature of malice and evil and must be destroyed. people like you are the reason milara stands ready to conquer alindor and perhaps the world whenever he chooses. people like you are why any shoolyard bully goes free and any bandit or thug goes unstopped. you should be ashamed of yourself. run and hide while the real heroes do the dirty work-Tadhg Mcneill

scifibarbie

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 02:12:39 am »
*Posts a note under Grohins*

It was a very nice ceremony dat Grohin performed.

May Erks cup never dry in da halls of Vorax!

As far as dat feller who blames Erk for da dragon....from what I herd tell....it wasnt him as started the fight, but it was him who got between da dragon and dose that were running away after dey realized what de did.

Trying ta save his companions is a noble was ta die. Especially ginst da likes of a dragon.

If'n ya have problem...me name is Grena Rockbasher.

Black Cat

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 03:15:38 am »
*grohins walks in and writes a few words*

Mr. Jacchri, as Grena said Erk probably didn' start da foight an' wha' ah wrote is well, wha' ah wrote.

Tadgh... you shuld 'now da people ya call' cowards. Ah hav' da honor ta 'now Jacchri an' ah can tell you he be no coward. An' he be quoite roigh' in sayin' dat dragon ain' ta be fiddle wit... unless ya 'now wha' ya doin' an' be sure ta be da winner.

aragwen

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 05:20:45 am »
*Jacchri walks in a reads the messages posted and just merely smiles reading about cowards*

*He takes out his quill and writes a response*

Thanks for the clarification. Indeed it is a noble deed to protect your companions.

Jacchri