The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Giants Unifying: A Warning and a Clue  (Read 34 times)

Yllyrryon

Giants Unifying: A Warning and a Clue
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:50:00 pm »
*Inscribed in Common on a fine parchment in calligraphy that is flowing and graceful, yet austere:*

While passing south through the Thunder Peaks, in Dregar, we were attacked by a band of elven archers employing magical, elementally enhanced arrows against us, among other things.  They seemed to be working together with the giants of those mountains.

As I have seen warriors similar to these elves coming from the Dark Forest, there, on Dregar, I believe they were folk of the Dark Forest.

Several days ago, while journeying with others in the Forest of Mists, we were passed by the sorceress, Xora, who warned us that all the tribes of giants there, on Dregar, are unifying, and that some dark magical power is involved.  Shortly thereafter, we fought giants who were heavily warded with magicks of their own.  Normally those giants in the Forest of Mists are not warded at all.

I doubt the events I witnessed in the Forest of Mists and in the Thunderpeaks are unrelated.  So I offer this as a warning to all who plan to travel to Dregar, and I implore you to keep your eyes open as to what is uniting the giants.

Are the powers of the Dark Forest behind this?

Ael Rynthien d’lil Maethra