The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Guild Creation  (Read 266 times)

Black Cat

Guild Creation
« on: May 20, 2010, 03:32:45 pm »
I'm probably getting blind but...

Where do I find the rules and requirements about Guild creation ?

Cheers

Hellblazer

Re: Guild Creation
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 04:02:07 pm »
It's on LORE, make a search for guilds and organizations. I'd link you but I'm getting a software error from LORE.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 04:22:28 pm »
"Error! Error! Too much Lore!" ;)

Quote from: LORE
Software error:

Cannot write to '/home/sites/lore/trunk/logs/yawt.log': No space left on device at /usr/share/perl5/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm line 126.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@layonara.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
Software error:

[Thu May 20 16:19:17 2010] lore.pl: Cannot write to '/home/sites/lore/trunk/logs/yawt.log': No space left on device at /usr/share/perl5/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm line 126.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@layonara.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

FYI, email sent to webmaster@layonara.com.

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 05:19:09 pm »
Basically the rules are

1- The same character can not be in two crafting guilds.

2- The same player can not have two chars in the same guild

3- A charter must be pmed to L, which includes the overall alignment of the guild, the location of which it will be based. A short history of the guild (dozen lines). The names of the members, which need to be the leader + 4 other members. And finally the goals of the guild. Also, I think there has to be an ooc statement about reading and understanding the rules for the guilds and organizations and server rules, but I don't remember right off the bat.

4- The leader of the guild must be at minimum of 12 level.

5- The other 4 starting members must be at minimum 6 level.

6 - 75 thousand true must be paid for the guild charter.

7- An additional 75 k true will be charged for a guild hall. Bought by the leader of the guild at the real estate dealer assigned to where the hall will be placed.

8- The Leader is responsible for the actions made by the guild members, while being made in the name of the guild. That's not to say that the leader is sole responsible of the actions. The guild members also share responsibility toward the rules.. That means that, the players are responsible for their character actions, but the Leader will also be looked at (if needed have a discussion with him to rectify the situation etc etc)

A good example here is even if a member tells you he's going to make sure every thing is in order for a monstrous char to join the guild and be able to work in Hempstead. If something happens or if nothing was done to allow the monstrous char to have the proper papers and such, then the leader will be looked at, fined, imprison, Burned on pire, dismembered by 5 horses and finally linched ;)

That's about it if my memory serves.

To give you an example of what is a charter. This is the charter I submitted to L, For Cailomel Goods and Wares. Some stuff have been taken out from the one I sent to L, as they are not needed for a charter approval.

Cailomel Goods and Wares.

Leader and owner:
Hellblazer
Fehriel Cailomel (level 20),

Members:
Taliavasey
Talia Vasey (soon to be Cailomel, level 19)

Chazzler
Gormungard (level 24)

Xaltotun
Duches aka Eandilethessa Quil'lyn (level 20)

Stevemaurer
Darthy aka Darthirae Zhalberen (level 19)

Fort Wayfare, see the building by the flower lady, this is the building I wish to purchase (if it is still possible?).

Guild overall alignment:
True neutral.

Goals:
Their goal as a guild is not necessarily to make the world a better place, but to make their piece of the world a better place for them and theirs. By aiding each other gathering, and crafting what they need. Traveling and exploring new parts of the world they have not been to, as a pack. It is a wish to form a bond that goes beyond race, age and alignment, as long as they can respect each other's as individuals and keep to the pack honor code.

When they are together, all other considerations are put aside for the well being of the pack. As individual, each is entitled to live his life as he wishes, as long as it does not bring harm or prejudice to the pack.

History:
The pack*, as Fehriel commonly calls them, is a group of individual that have traveled extensively together, throughout the years, and have found they were able to work well together. Each of them proficient with their own skills. Fehriel choose these persons specifically for the reason that they are able to work as a group, like a wolf pack would. Based on how Fehriel was raised, as a member of a wolf pack. The guild (although it is not considered as a "guild" corrupted out to take the money of every one and impose their mind and prices, but a shop)** will have the same Hierarchy. The Alpha male Fehriel and his mate, Talia, and the other members of the pack. Fehriel through his struggle as a Tiefling came to his own personal set of moral code that he keeps. Set codes that are strictly inclusive to those he consider of his pack and inner circle. And so, with the longing of sense of belonging he had as a pup, with Selaan and Colin, and the wolves raising him and showing him to love and nurture nature, he decided that it was time for him to form his own pack. With this came the understanding that they would have to be able to follow his own guide lines.

I will not steal from my pack brothers.
I will not bring harm to my pack brothers.
I will not jeopardize the honor of my pack brothers.
I will keep my word to my pack brothers.
I will respect the decisions of the alpha wolf.

Therefore, once the realization dawned on him that this was something he needed for himself, he approached each one of them. Starting by his now to be wife, then Gormungard, Duches and finally Darthi. Agreeing to join his pack, they started to work together on small things at first. And now, the pack is ready to take their work to an other level, and open their own shop to provide a collective services to other adventurers.

We acknowledge the forum and server rules and will obey each and every one of them.

*The pack as requested by L is meant to be as Feh's pack and not as "The Pack" That the Folian church is sometimes refereed to.
** Added as If you talk to feh about his guild, he'll look at you strangely.

AAand finally it's back. Link to the LORE Page pertaining to Guilds and organizations.