The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Restricted Multiclassing of Paladins  (Read 500 times)

Eeroas

Restricted Multiclassing of Paladins
« on: February 02, 2010, 01:16:12 am »
Hi,

I’m just a bit curious about Restricted Multiclassing of Paladins.

I just wonder why Paladins can’t multiclass to Clerics? In my mind in would make sense that paladin could change (retire :) ) to more clerical path or Cleric could find their way toward Paladin order and grow up their deity devoted warrior. I tried to look but I did not find any lore that expanse it.  Is it just balance issue?
Or are those Restricted Multiclassing pages up to date (Last Updated: Mon, Mar 31, 2008 03:45:38 PM, by ycleption)?

All I found here in forums was this Re: Multi-classing my fighter to fighter/paladin does this mean that in theory there is possible to start as Cleric and become Paladin? But starting as Paladin and retire as cleric is not possible even in theory? Is there any lore, divide or other conflicts here?

I think I have seen one Paladin/Wizard/Spellsword in the server too. Is that just one rare RP exception? Or is it valid as Wizard/Spellsword and then became as paladin (as Paladins can't multiclass as Spellsword)?

Thanks,
Eeroas

The following users thanked this post: Lance Stargazer

HooD!uM

Re: Restricted Multiclassing of Paladins
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:23:31 am »
its not that they cant multiclass, its just they cannot freely multiclass..so say a fighter/paladin pc submission..he could go minimum of 5 fighter then choose to go paladin, but after that he cannot go back to fighter, not without a cdq..its a bit easier to enter the brotherhood of the paladin(druids and monks also) and then leave it later on, but its harder to return to such a path....

Acacea

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:34:14 am »
Regarding the wizards, paladins of Lucinda may (are encouraged, even) to multiclass with wizard as Protectors of the Al'Noth. Their order is very different from the Toranite or Voraxian type orders. Part of their training still requires cross-classing spellcraft if they don't have wizard levels.

Additional edit - most things are possible in theory. Restricted multi-classing means that you cannot freely multiclass (back and forth from classes) without reapproval in the submissions, with backup to support it and possibly (probably) a CDQ or more. It is possible for a druid to regain druid status, after a wayward path, as it is possible for a paladin who has fallen from grace to regain his status. It just requires more development than deciding which class to level that day.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:14:11 am »
wizard/paladin/spellsword...

I'm pretty sure Storold's last class was the Spellsword. I don't know how he did the rest. I'm sure he'll chime in.

Merlin34

HooD!uM

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 02:24:20 am »
Quote from: merlin34baseball
wizard/paladin/spellsword...

I'm pretty sure Storold's last class was the Spellsword.

i think Storold started out as a wizard, and got fairly high before he moved to paladin.dont quote me on this all i remember of him back then reminded me of a pure wizard...

HooD!uM

Eeroas

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 02:39:51 am »
Quote from: Acacea

Additional edit - most things are possible in theory. Restricted multi-classing means that you cannot freely multiclass (back and forth from classes) without reapproval in the submissions, with backup to support it and possibly (probably) a CDQ or more. It is possible for a druid to regain druid status, after a wayward path, as it is possible for a paladin who has fallen from grace to regain his status. It just requires more development than deciding which class to level that day.

Ah, my first expression was wrong as I thought Restricted multi-classing meant “only possible” class combinations.

This makes much more sense now. When you enter in Paladin order you are really devoted and probably only advance in “limits” of the rules you follow.  This do not close the possibility to become a cleric but it is just not that common in any Paladin order.

Thank you for your answers.

anything