The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: ox is still missing  (Read 235 times)

HooD!uM

ox is still missing
« on: October 27, 2005, 10:51:00 pm »
i couldnt find my thread on this subject but anywho...how is this going by the way?

Dorganath

RE: ox is still missing
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 06:26:00 am »
If your ox truly is not where I told you (by the Ox Merchant in Hlint, I believe...definitely in Hlint, Eastside) then about all I can do is delete your ox from the database. 
  I was hoping to catch you online sometime so that I, or another GM,  could personally confirm the presence or absense of your ox at/near the indicated location. This has not happened so far. Please do me the favor of doing one last visual check for your ox near the ox merchant in Hlint.  If you cannot find your ox among the throngs of parked oxen in that area, post again, and I will delete your current ox, allowing you to buy a new one.

Filatus

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 06:51:00 am »

Don't think this would solve the problem. If you buy a new ox (old one then will get deleted I assume), the same problem will happen again as soon as you log out.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 07:19:00 am »
Filatus - 10/28/2005 8:51 AM
  Don't think this would solve the problem. If you buy a new ox (old one then will get deleted I assume), the same problem will happen again as soon as you log out.

You may be right, but there's very little else I can suggest.  I'm not going to suggest that there is no bug in the code here, but if it were something majorly wrong, everyone would be having some problems with this.  As this seems to be only affecting a couple of people, I have to conclude that there was some other factor involved that is causing this reported issue.  Deleting his ox from the database will allow me to start from a known state, not an unknown state as we have now.
  I'm pretty sure that one cannot just buy a new ox.  You can send out a search party or you can send a rescue team, but if the game thinks you still have an ox (as it does for his Faile character) then you cannot just buy a new one.
  According to the database, he has an ox, that ox is tied down and that ox is currently located in Hlint, Eastside near the ox merchant. Deleting the ox will at least allow us to trace this problem through from a known point.

HooD!uM

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 10:55:00 pm »
Ive checked many times and my ox isnt there..just delete it from the database and ill buy another and see how i go

steverimmer

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 11:45:00 pm »
Yeah this always happens to me without fail on central too...thats why I never take an ox there at all now.

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 05:58:00 pm »
HooD!um:
  Thanks for your help and patience with this last night. 
  I've come to the conclusion that there's a variable being saved on your character or in the Bioware database that's producing the "stabled" message. 
  I'm investigating a couple ways to fix this.  I'll let you know again when I have something to test.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 07:28:00 pm »
HooD!uM, and anyone else affected by this....
  I've put a change into place to hopefully get around the root cause of this...that is, if my suspicion is correct.  If not, it's back to the drawing board. 
  Please take a look at the location where your ox should be and let me know.  If you do not know where your ox should be, send me a PM.
  This should be effective across all three servers.

HooD!uM

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 05:49:00 am »
Dorg....i want to have little kobolds with you ..:) Thumbs up on an excellant job fixing this pain in the buttocks..tested it today with Faile...what i have noticed tho..that if i did want to stable it..the stableboy isnt there for me to do so...

KageKeeper

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 06:12:00 am »
HooD!uM - 11/2/2005  5:49 AM

Dorg....i want to have little kobolds with you ..:) Thumbs up on an excellant job fixing this pain in the buttocks..tested it today with Faile...what i have noticed tho..that if i did want to stable it..the stableboy isnt there for me to do so...

I think the option to actually stable your ox was removed awhile back...

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 06:28:00 am »
Ewww....kobolds.... :o
  Great!  Glad to hear it works!
  Regarding stabling...what KageKeeper said is correct.  We removed stables a long time ago, which is part of the problem here, I think.
  Prior to removing the stables, orth changed the ox tie-down system such that an ox would always appear where it was tied down whenever you logged in, and it would not appear beside you unless it was with you when you logged out last.  This effectively removed the need for stables, eliminated one or two exploits and kept those darned annoying beasts from following you when porting from server to server.
  There was a period of time when this new tie-down system and the stabling system co-existed.  After a few weeks....maybe a month...the stable boys were removed.
  What most likely happened is that you left your ox in the stable through that transition period, and so the "stabled" status was never properly cleared.
  At any rate, I'm glad it's working for you now.  :)
  *checks it off his list*

Filatus

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 09:50:00 am »

My ox appeared as well. Thanks Dorganath!

anything