The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A blast from the past  (Read 1120 times)

Ar7

A blast from the past
« on: October 25, 2008, 05:12:45 pm »
A certain commercial reminded me about Layonara today, so I decided to check out the place that took so much of my free time back in the day. :D Find out if it's still active and whether some of those I knew are still around.

I must say that it is rather scary. I began playing somewhere in the end of 2003, back then I was still in the 10th grade. It is now 2008, school has ended, even the university has ended, and I now have something that looks like the beginning of a career. If back then I used to play for, sometimes, over 8 hours a day, then now I often work for over 10 hours a day. (not the best switch if you ask me!)

It has been five years only, but these two times seem like decades apart. What I am now trying to blabber here, is that this website is like an old picture album, I look at it and memories come back. Playing Rufus, crafting, going on 5+ hour quests, doing the ECDQ (thanks Ed!), being awake the entire night simply because the party to raid east only played in PST. It was a happy time with no responsibilities whatsoever.

Did I just sound old? Because I felt old! And I am 22, sheeesh. Alright, not old, sentimental is a better word.

Sooooooo, anybody in this large online still remembers me? What has changed, what has happened? And why the hell do I have an inbox full of PMs with people looking for Rufus! *squints his eyes*

Does my mansion on the Barbarians islands still stand? It had a lot of stuff hidden in those chests *grins*

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Stephen_Zuckerman, Hellblazer

Ar7

Re: A blast from the past
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:17:19 pm »
PS: That's a lot of level 40ties, who was first?

akata

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:23:35 pm »
*waves* hey, still remember Rufus, just seing his name reminds me of his pants comment to Varka doing the hunt :D, to bad the evil mage had to leave (with the price he took for setting my emerald rings he had to be evil) anyhow nice hearing from you and best of luck with the career.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:24:36 pm »
Hey hey!  Nice to see  you!

Yeah, the mansion is still there, and as for the first to 40th, it was Angela, followed by Alantha. I believe those are the only two.

Ar7

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:36:07 pm »
Quote from: akata
*waves* hey, still remember Rufus, just seing his name reminds me of his pants comment to Varka doing the hunt :D, to bad the evil mage had to leave (with the price he took for setting my emerald rings he had to be evil) anyhow nice hearing from you and best of luck with the career.

Heh, I remember that, is Varka wearing pants these days?

As for the emeralds, 50k a piece, they were my bread and butter!

Quote from: Dorganath
Hey hey!  Nice to see  you!

Yeah, the mansion is still there, and as for the first to 40th, it was Angela, followed by Alantha. I believe those are the only two.

Oh, I simply saw both of them online and thought that there should be more. Though I always thought Ozy or Rev would be first. My next bet would have been IDii, he had a gift for producing level 20+ characters heh.

minerva

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 05:38:47 pm »
Hey Hey   Good to hear from you !

akata

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 05:50:57 pm »
Quote from: Ar7

Oh, I simply saw both of them online and thought that there should be more. Though I always thought Ozy or Rev would be first. My next bet would have been IDii, he had a gift for producing level 20+ characters heh.

Varka is dead, you can find his story in the halls of heroes :) and 50k.... get Rufus back in here, I wanna know why I payed 75k then :P

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 05:54:33 pm »

Varka is now a statue in Bloody Gate.  Ozy and Rev have left, IDii hasn't been around for even longer.

Ar7

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 06:07:47 pm »
Quote from: akata
Varka is dead, you can find his story in the halls of heroes :) and 50k.... get Rufus back in here, I wanna know why I payed 75k then :P

From what I remember you got two for 75 :P

Quote from: Dorganath
Varka is now a statue in Bloody Gate.  Ozy and Rev have left, IDii hasn't been around for even longer.

I told him to wear pants, he didn't listen *grins*

And I never thought Ozy would leave!

akata

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 06:16:11 pm »
From what I remember you got two for 75 :P

I told him to wear pants, he didn't listen *grins*

And I never thought Ozy would leave!

nah 75k per ring, then Rufus took petty on the poor girl and made 2 for 125k, he even had the nerve to call it discount ;)

Acacea

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 09:01:27 pm »
I miss Rufus :(

Tanman

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 10:30:53 pm »
I remember Rufus

lonnarin

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 02:08:01 am »
Farros Galdor still misses Aliester's old trading buddy.  From time to time he reads the nameplates on the homes and rattles his cursed monkey skull on a stick in his honor.  Should drop by!  Get back into the swing of playing again.  Only met Rufus a couple of times, but he was most memorable. ;)

EdTheKet

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 05:42:48 am »
Greetings, oh member of an organization few dare to mention let alone approach :)

Good to see you're well, the biggest development here is our MMO part of the forums.
You can also check out the devlog http://devlog.layonara.com :)

And yes, that ECDQ was something ;) The screenshots I took are still in my album!

Leanthar

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 09:43:59 am »
Hiya Rufus! Thanks for stopping by man. Glad things are going well for you.

Drizzlin

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 11:16:29 am »
I remember old Rufus. Good to hear you are doing well and on a good path with work. Remember, L never deletes unless you ask....just incase your don't have a 10 hour work day and all...

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 11:31:36 am »
Dude, be happy you've got work, even if it's overworking you. :)

It's great to hear from you, though! You should try to find some time and come back. We need more terror in our lives. ^^

EventHorizon

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 02:37:53 pm »
Hey Ar7 :) Get Rufus back if/when you get the time.
Beware though, the place is likely very different from what you remember!

LynnJuniper

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 04:04:55 pm »
Hey Rufus..Always wondered what Rhynn would turn out like if she had actually went through with that apprenticeship. Ah well.

:) Nice to see old faces *wave*

Wait.

Hold the phone.

We have level fourties now!?

. . .

Wow.

Pibemanden

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 04:08:05 pm »
The Hunt and Lia's wlqd, that was where Storold met Rufus... I am sad that he didn't got to know him better than that since he held great respect for the powerful mage.
I am glad to see that life is fine for the person behind the character. And hey who knows we might see more of Rufus in the future :)

anything