The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Reasonable DT/Level Ratio?  (Read 360 times)

Tanman

A Reasonable DT/Level Ratio?
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:57:51 pm »
I was curious to see what the community thinks...what is a reasonable DT/level Ratio?

say 5 DT at 15th level?

What are you comfortable at?

Weeblie

Re: A Reasonable DT/Level Ratio?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:48:02 pm »
I'm not even content with 2 DTs at level 16 due to the fact that I've (so far) failed 50% of the Soul Mother Save rolls. :P

Talen

• Druids
    • Followers of Kithairein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:54:26 pm »
Depends on the amount of deaths in my opinion. I have one 11th level character with 198 death and 8 tokens,  which is probably very lucky. And one 8th level character with 54 deaths and 5 tokens. That I think is very unlucky.

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 12:22:45 am »
well I believe that the ratio I am at (7/20) is quite reasonable all things considered. however around lower levels it was more like 6/13, I guess at some point you just stop dying as much (or become more lucky ;) )

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 03:43:29 am »
One every other level, or every third level isn't that bad.

Pyyran's at 5 and 12.

iceyfire

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 04:26:13 am »
As a wizard you learn to avoid death. Im on 16 and i dont have a single one as of yet.

ZeroVega

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 04:48:05 am »
I didn't have any DTs until I hit level 12 or 14. Then they all started coming and rapid succession. (At least three of them were totally my fault... don't go "away" when you're standing on or near a spawn, even invisible.) I have 7 now with one of my characters at level 20. I only play one other character seriously and he has 0 at level 5 (to be expected). So yeah.

As for how many are appropriate. I'm thinkin if your level is in the mid to late teens and you're not in threat of Perming, you're doing well. (And I'm talking 7-8 DTs when I say perming.) Lots of people have taken the fall at much lower levels. Since it's all randomized though I can't really say what's appropriate. (If we moved from a random to a fixed system I might, but not for this.)

Tanman

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 04:55:33 am »
At the moment one of my characters is 4 DT at level 11. So by your  definition this is alright?

vitor

• View Profile
    RE: A Reasonable DT/Level Ratio?
    « Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 05:06:34 am »
    My char is lvl 10 (almost 11) has 1 DT... =P

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 05:17:21 am »
    Tanman - 11/8/2006  7:55 AM

At the moment one of my characters is 4 DT at level 11. So by your  definition this is alright?

Im not sure why your're seeking validation for death tokens as there is really no bar set to compare. You would have to compare playtime, level, quests you've been or bashing, amount of deaths etc.  to figure out how everyone compares and even then its a random dice roll whether or not you recieve one. By defininition...it's alright til you get to 10.. then you're dead ;)

Tanman

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 05:20:57 am »
    Nice reply Ice :)

LynnJuniper

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 05:42:13 am »
    Well what Ice said is true, but if you're asking what people simply feel comfortable at. I'd say...well...None..Ever. Knowing that that's idealistic banter however, I have 2 and I'm level 20, so I feel kinda okay. Still kinda creeped out at the "Yeah technically you have a one in five chance of loosing a strand every time you die" Way of looking at it...but there's nothing you can do except learn to be careful.

Destropterammer

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 07:03:56 am »
    Well. It does make things interesting. Harg has died so many times i cant even comprehend the amount of tokens i could have had heh. But 8 DT's at lvl 20, and the chance of perm'ing was getting to me, a love/hte thing i believe. Adds tension, though stinks if you perm. unless as it was for one char - on purpose. But now i have Soulmother defence and all is good again.

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 02:37:14 pm »
    I've died 47 times so far, currently level 12 with none. I had one, but it was taken away via someones quest...
    Anyhow, I'de be scared if I lost any.

Falonthas

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 03:18:26 pm »
    i have one char at level 15 with 7 dt and one char at level 7 with none and i admit when i hit 7th dt  i changed my fighting style from charge the center of the line to bite from the flanks a bit more often and let the metal clads have the main toe spot

but im still in the midst of the combat just not targeted as much

orth

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 03:23:46 pm »
    iceyfire - 11/8/2006  7:26 AM

As a wizard you learn to avoid death. Im on 16 and i dont have a single one as of yet.

You played practically all of your levels when the soul mother was on vacation.

Falonthas

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 03:26:54 pm »
    she takes vacations? how do we buy her her next one

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 03:33:27 pm »
    Seriously, I'll front as much as I can for another vacation for Mommy Dearest.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 03:37:07 pm »
    *points to the Plane of the Lost* You go there and make an appeal. And by appeal I mean sword in the face.

By the way, Die there, and there aint no comin back.

Tanman

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 06:52:41 pm »
    it may sound dumb, but please elaborate "sword in the face"
    LynnJuniper - 11/9/2006  11:37 AM

*points to the Plane of the Lost* You go there and make an appeal. And by appeal I mean sword in the face.