The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Request  (Read 80 times)

LynnJuniper

A Request
« on: June 30, 2006, 12:51:26 pm »
Not sure at all where to put this. I was going to put it under Grievances, but that didn't seem right.

When I was apprenticing under Mith (Read as I = Rhynn), He managed to have some GM controlled character deliver me an equitable red book.

I am training Nyyana in the ways of wizardry and was planning to get her one when she reached level 10 as a sort of right of passage. I just don't know how much they are or how to go about getting one for her.

ZeroVega

Re: A Request
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 01:09:50 pm »
I got mine the same way. Divine GM intervention. I don't think you can get them any other way... so yeah. Sending a Tell across the GM channel seems to be the preferred method of choice.

SquareKnot

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 01:34:34 pm »
This thread also has some ideas on how to get a role-play book:

Role Play Spellbooks, Diaries, etc

Ne'er

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 01:43:59 pm »
The old-fashioned way to get a holdable book is to get some hickory chimes and use the customization forge to make them look like a book.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 05:31:45 pm »
Where do I get hickory chimes?

Ne'er

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 05:40:26 pm »
Make 'em. Or have a bard make 'em.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 11:07:49 pm »
You HAVE to have a Bard make them; one of the requirements on the CNR bench is that your character has to be a Bard.

Honestly, I think it should just give you, say, a -4 penalty if you're not a bard, but... *He shrugs.*

SquareKnot

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 12:29:46 am »
Ifion made some for her tonight. Even customized them to be books. If Rhynn hadn't threatened him to within an inch of his life the other day, he might have even given them to her. But with threats like that, there's going to be a price...

anything