The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: COFFEEEEEE WEEEEEEE!  (Read 314 times)

Fatherchaos

COFFEEEEEE WEEEEEEE!
« on: June 08, 2006, 07:08:23 pm »
It happened again - my randomly unnecessary dose of coffee that happens once every few years! Needless to say . . :BUGEYES:

I'm tweaked! Staying for GCT (game crunch time) will be easy tonight  . . . hope my boss really meant they need me to finish two weeks of programming and art in one night!

Yippie wohoo!

*runs around work like a monkey with a pogostick who just ate a banana made of liquid schwartz*

And to think, in 26 years I've drank a total of eight cups of coffee . . . weeee!

Ok, back to bugging in maya . . . too slow . . .

LynnJuniper

Re: COFFEEEEEE WEEEEEEE!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 07:15:00 pm »
XD How cute!!!!

Im on constant coffee highs , they're fun..Remi ((ooc)) and I were talking about coffee this mornin XP

BUT THERES NO CAFFINATED COFFEE IN MY HOUSE ANYMORE! *CRIES*

Coffee without caffine is like..

im not going into this again.. haha

SuperMunch

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 07:15:56 pm »
I'm on a coffee free week to stay up for Katrien's ECDQ - I go 6 days without a drop of the good stuff and then I make a killer thermos full of black-as-in-ink coffee...  Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Seven more hours of gaming.  ;)

Fatherchaos

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 07:18:25 pm »
my first cup of joe = 2 days of staying awake that seemed like everyone was in slow motion :)

IDii

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 09:18:38 pm »
*sipping his morning coffee*

Wait... you do programming? Without coffee?

Oooookay.

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
    • Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 09:40:00 pm »
Maya FTW

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 09:42:54 pm »
You should see what the British Empire had the Chinese computer programmers hooked on in the 19th century...  Down with the East India Company!

It was like, bedlam in cubicleland.

I think shortly therafter some dude in his boxers went rebellion on the food court.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 12:22:35 am »
You have to get your daily serving of Vitamin Caffiene.

Coffee's just the preferred medium for the following sponsors:
Me
The Ten Million Dollar Man
Yogurt
God
Spider-Man
Zombies
Dracula
Jesus
The Tarrasque
Bjornigar Ironguts
And Viewers Like you.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 04:26:34 am »
Hmm... i think i'm not a normal person (or not a normal gamer)... i don't drink coffee. ;)

Edit: missed a couple words on the post. ^_^

Niles09

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 04:33:26 am »
Ive never liked coffee... and after reading this I think I will stay that way! ;)

Philosopher

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 05:04:05 am »
BLEH COFFEE!! I hate the stuff, tried some when my dad was asleep and I almost threw up. I don't even like tea! :P

Honora

RE: COFFEEEEEE WEEEEEEE!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 05:08:18 am »
Add me to the coffee haters.  It smells heavenly, love to brew it and sniff, but tastes like dirty water that the dog stepped in right after coming in from outside.  Bleach.

Give me a nice steamy mug of real hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon on top any day!

Faldred

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 05:14:29 am »
I agree with Honora.  I love the smell of coffee, but I can't stand the taste of it in most cases -- not even coffee ice cream.  Though for some odd reason, I do like Tiramisu and Kahlua.

I get my caffeine infusion via diet colas, or better yet, Mountain Dew (less stomach-churnign acid).

LynnJuniper

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 05:28:18 am »
SuperMunch - 6/8/2006  10:15 PM

I'm on a coffee free week to stay up for Katrien's ECDQ - I go 6 days without a drop of the good stuff and then I make a killer thermos full of black-as-in-ink coffee...  Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Seven more hours of gaming.  ;)

And you have like, hardcore coffee too..Not the weak ... we get up here.

Mail some up this way! There's no caffine left T_T

ZeroVega

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 05:42:57 am »
I don't care if coffee is the "Nector of the gods" I don't drink it. I'm a soda man. Not only does coffee taste bad... but it tastes really bad. Yeah.

SuperMunch

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 06:44:02 am »
Bah...  You coffee haters need a good cup o' real coffee.

I live right in the middle of Brazil's old coffee belt - it's moved since the begining of the 20th century, but local coffee production is now strictly "gourmet quality" (whatever that means, I think it's because they don't mass produce it anymore).  At about... Hmmm... $2 per pound, I get the stuff they ship to Italy - so the italians can relabel it and ship it to the US as high quality coffee at $2 a gram.

I didn't really like coffee until I moved back to Brazil - USian coffee was dirty water compared to the stuff you get here, strong and bitter, like a good stout beer.  Just add a little milk and sugar, if you're into cutting the goods, and you're set.

minerva

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 06:51:24 am »
Aww... I'm honored you save the caffine high for my WL !... I've been doing the same... Add stuff to coffee... perish the thought... black and strong... if the spoon stands up... good... if there is nothing left to the spoon... better..

Fatherchaos

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 09:15:29 am »
Yup, I'm an art-gineer (programmer for our propreitary software + general maya/flash/photoshop slave). And no coffee :) I ususally have a good natural high to keep me going. Coffee is just my super-mega-backup-emergency route.

Funniest thing of all, I tried to sleep last night, wound up programming on a lot of my personal projects, reworking how my char will be endgame (I documented out all levels, skill points, etc, LOL), did some more development on a number of projects I'm doing for NWN . . . that was an abnormally productive night.  I think I blinked for about two hours (if that can be called sleep LOL).

And played and beat a game of nethack . . . in turbo!

Now I'm having my "cooling off" syndrome - feeling unnaturally twitchy, eyes a little dry and bugged out, and a desire to sleep in about a week.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 09:17:55 am »
If I'm in the need for THE LIFEGIVER then I add just a wee bit of sugar. If I want something tasty to drink with caffiene, I add cream and sugar. *He shrugs.* I'm a filthy american. What can I say?

Dorganath

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 09:29:33 am »
minerva - 6/9/2006  8:51 AM  Aww... I'm honored you save the caffine high for my WL !... I've been doing the same...  Add stuff to coffee... perish the thought... black and strong... if the spoon stands up... good... if there is nothing left to the spoon... better..
 I don't really drink coffee anymore, and only on unique situations and such.  But I do have to say, if I can't cut the coffee with a fork, it's not strong enough.  Add cream and sugar?....BAH! keep it for dessert.  Add some good whiskey?  Now we're talking. :)