The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Essrantor's Veil Quest Announced  (Read 973 times)

osxmallard

Re: Essrantor's Veil Quest Announced
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 08:41:13 pm »
Hey.... it is too posted.  :P

Chazzler

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 10:12:58 am »
When is the short(?) wrapup to Reveal the Storm? Milty said he'd post on the Layonara Server forum about this, but so far I haven't seen a post referring to this there, thankee.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 01:17:43 pm »
It's there now. Sorry, I was out until way late last night, and pretty much wasn't home all day after I left the quest. The "done" thread should give a clue as to why.

Chongo

Finale's A and C Today!
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 02:11:47 pm »
Show up!

Chongo

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 01:57:49 am »
The series has ended, with some open ends. Tales are forthcoming, and I'll ask the many confused players involved to begin speaking with the other groups to peice things together. There are some small conclusions to be described, but in the meantime roleplay away. The time bubble is officially popped.

Some key points that are known at this time by all who were involved:

- That a single pillar of Essrantor Aldtorskel has been destroyed.
 - That the region is in flux with a disruption of the power in Essrantor's curse on the lands.
 - That three wars waged at once as some marched on Storm Tower, while some held a pass from Essrantor's forces, and while the last sought out a means to suppress an ancient curse.
 - That some failed, and some succeeded.
 - That ancient allies were sought and found, that spectral dragons flew through the skies, that undead elves and dwarves marched across battlefields, that giants turned stone and buried in the ice were restored, and that a whole lotta folks died bringing the pillar down.

The rest is likely utter confusion! Fit the peices together.

Finally, I'd like to thank all the GM's involved who ran quests and stuck with the series from brainstorming to conclusion:

osx
 jrizz
 miltonyorkcastle
 mixafix

This series took a lot of communication, and was extremely hectic towards the end. From Mix taking two finale's under his wing while bouncing between servers at the end to communicate last minute results to me for my final group in motion, to people logging in hours beforehand to set stages for Fort Boyer or Storm tower, to multiple GMs firing vfx at a rate only multiples can achieve, to just plain coming through on helping see this through - it's been a big production to wrap up in one week, and thanks.

All told, it was 43.5 hours of quest for the week, with so much player attendance on the quests that it was almost too much to handle despite being spread between several segments. So well done.

jrizz

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 02:16:07 am »
I would like to thank the players involved in my parts (bandits and wolves). You were all great you used your heads and made great choices. The RP was outstanding from beginning to end.

Thanks for playing.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 03:09:43 am »
I'm really sorry I missed this now  :(

Good job those who could attend.  Can't wait to see what the results of it all are

stragen

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 03:15:16 am »
My apologies I couldn't make the Final.

I'll try and have Jin catch up with Kobal or one of the others to see what else needs to be done.  Perhaps the missing rune lore will be found.

-Stragen

Makashi

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 03:40:40 am »
Was a great job guys - I would have been able to help more with the running it it was the originally planned week, but looks as if it wasn't needed anyway!

Enjoyed Mix's finale last night a lot - and from the soudns of it everyone enjoyed the other parts just as much.

s0ulz

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 04:02:15 am »
Greatest series ever...

Blackguy

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 05:43:35 am »
Thats the diffrence between you and me. I make this look good...

Goldwin Blacknight

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 07:47:47 am »
Ahhhh-Lin'da humble as usual. Wonderful job guys putting this together! A story that made sense and one where the pieces actually fit together. The visuals were great. Was nice not to have to use imagination for everything. I usually dont get a big enough block of time to go on quests. Really lucky to be on vacation that week, and the time zone was perfect. Goldy will remember this one for a long time.

Chazzler

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 05:28:19 am »
This was great fun for me, even though I had to wake up at 4am sometimes to get on the Bracket C quests! ;)

Thanks to the GM's for pulling this through and thanks to all participants, we did good!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 10:14:52 pm »
See Here.

Desicardo

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 10:45:43 pm »
I have to say the coordination between GM's was amazing.  You guys did a great job not only putting things together for the big picture, but in the details of the individual quests as well.  With a thousand possible outcomes given the complexity, you moved quickly and adjusted on the fly which amazes me on something of this magnatude.  I haven't seen anything similar since the fall of Blood.  It was great to be a part of it and have a new series of stories to tell the newbies.  5 stars and 2 thumbs up!