The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: It's So Cold!!!  (Read 324 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

It's So Cold!!!
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:00:29 pm »
For those of us on the North East coast of the United States, and Canada....  It's so cold!!!

ystrday

Re: It's So Cold!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:08:13 pm »
Okay, I just gotta do this..

How cold is it?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:12:50 pm »
IT's SO FRAGGING COLD LASSY THAT ME BRITCHES ARE BONDED TO ME BUM!

It's so fraggin cold that me whiskers are snappin off!

tlo2009

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:00:34 am »
    hehehe

LightlyFrosted

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 10:26:50 am »
    It's so cold that local dairy cows have started giving iced cream.

Kenderfriend

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:59:53 am »
    Meh, wish it was really cold here, I'm like a human radiator, always boiling ...

Send the cold-ness this waaay! :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 12:17:35 pm »
    why do you think i haven'T moved to the south yet? At 20 celcius, I'm boiling.

Kenderfriend

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:16:37 am »
    Quote from: Hellblazer
    why do you think i haven'T moved to the south yet? At 20 celcius, I'm boiling.

Heh, its about 6 celsius at the mo, and I'm very warm. I wear a t-shirt in winter when everyone else has about 5 layers .... ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 12:17:28 pm »
    are you a Polar Bear?

Chazzler

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 01:21:33 pm »
    That avatar looks more like a winter wolf than a polar bear, to me at least ;)

Thief Of Navarre

• View Profile
      « Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 02:39:32 pm »
      Its about 0c here and thats cold enough thanks very much. We had snow in february... lots of snow!

Link092

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 07:13:49 pm »
      yesh. I miss the snow. I lived in Germany, and we had snow waist deep! (where I lived at least...) the best part was walking the dog in t-shirt and shorts, and living to tell the tale several times over.

Now I live in NC, and I have lost my ability to shrug off teh cold weather, and am slightly developing a resistance to humidity and hot, muggy weather....

Hellblazer

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 02:14:46 am »
      Quote from: Kenderfriend
      Heh, its about 6 celsius at the mo, and I'm very warm. I wear a t-shirt in winter when everyone else has about 5 layers .... ;)

strangely I'm the same

lonnarin

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 04:30:05 am »
      Yeah, down here in Florida we shed 5 layers of SKIN if we're outside for more than an hour or two.  Or at least me, I'm a red head.  Its been regularly over 90 degrees since February, except for the days when it's been raining 6-10 inches a day.  Methinks we've shifted from the happy, vacationer climate into the muggy, Amazonian Rain Forest one.  There are some months when the birds all pass out from heat exhaustion and the cicadas conquer the lands, their humming driving us insane.  Our cockroaches grow to the size of small children and prey on our mailmen.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 07:40:16 am »
      Quote from: lonnarin
      Yeah, down here in Florida we shed 5 layers of SKIN if we're outside for more than an hour or two.  Or at least me, I'm a red head.  Its been regularly over 90 degrees since February, except for the days when it's been raining 6-10 inches a day.  Methinks we've shifted from the happy, vacationer climate into the muggy, Amazonian Rain Forest one.  There are some months when the birds all pass out from heat exhaustion and the cicadas conquer the lands, their humming driving us insane.  Our cockroaches grow to the size of small children and prey on our mailmen.

Want me to see if I can send you a batch of Giant Cicada-Killer Wasps?  We seem to have an over-abundance here at our apartment complex this year.  They're fun to watch, and their stings are less painful than a bee's (not that they'd sting ya unless they had no other means of escape) since their venom is adapted specificly to paralyzing cicadas.

Sphecius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cicadakillerhome.html

Link092

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 01:24:06 pm »
      That's those little bees that live under ground near our house!...  :| that also explains why I haven't heard a Cicada in years...

Falonthas

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 05:35:03 pm »
      now now now
       they arent cockroaches then, they have evolved into palmetto bugs once they can can pass as skateboards for toddlers

Nehetsrev

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 10:56:57 pm »
      Quote from: Link092
      That's those little bees that live under ground near our house!...  :| that also explains why I haven't heard a Cicada in years...

Compared to a run-of-the-mill honey bee, a cicada killer wasp is quite large.  They don't really live in colonies like hornets and bees do either, so make sure you're able to get a good look at one and make a positive identification before you assume anything about the insects you have near your home.

Link092

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 12:15:20 am »
      :/ yeah, by little, I mean compared to me... I have yet to see one standing still though... I just know they nest under ground, and sinc eI've seen 'em the Cicadas have hushed up.

lonnarin

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 10:01:02 am »
      The cats in Florida are way more hardcore.  Yankee cats capture field mice and the occasional rat, ours do glorious battle with water moccasins & Gila monsters.  Squeaky hasn't tackled any of those yet, thankful for that as they are highly poisonous.  She has however slaughtered hundreds of rats and moles over half her size, over half of Plenarius' avian airforce influding mockign birds, cardinals, robins, pidgeons and almost a 2 foot tall crane, legions of squirrels, thousands of poor little chameleons (technically Anoles http://www.floridagardener.com/critters/anoles.htm), a few opossum, an armadillo and even sent a poor friendly Pit Bull running for its life. We're lucky we don't live near the river, else I'd half expect a dead gator or manatee on the front porch.

When I was a kid, I found a 100lb+ Alligator Snapping Turtle in the front yard.  Thing was HUGE, and just sat there in the garden, watching me curiously before hopping back into the river a few hours later.  Never get one as a pet.  They start off all cute in the aquarium, then it's the tub, then the backyard and finally the sewers or river.  A few years later if exposed to radioactive materials, they grow spines, learn how to fly by spinning around like a firecracker and cause devastation to Tokyo on a regular basis.

YouTube - Gamera vs Godzilla 2000

Their past-times include eating ducks, scaring mailmen, chilling in rosebushes and gator-surfing... YouTube - Turtle Riding Gator

Oh, and southern boys make sport of tossing them like dwarves.

anything