The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Krell goes to Ireland  (Read 200 times)

Krell Himmler

Krell goes to Ireland
« on: January 09, 2008, 10:51:57 pm »
If anyone is looking for me it's cause I'll be in Ireland from the 10th until the 17th. I'll post a message once I'm back :).

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Krell goes to Ireland
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:55:31 pm »
Lucky. I wanna go to Ireland.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:58:35 pm »
ME too!  *grumbles*  Have FUN!!!  Go to Blarney Castle!  >.<

Falonthas

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:03:14 pm »
makes sure they hold onto you when you kiss the blarney stone though since you will be upside down

well i heard you have to be upside down to get to it

Jaigan

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 12:05:04 am »
have fun ;)

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:25:45 am »
That sounds fun. It is one of the places my wife and I hope to visit inside of the next decade. Share some images if you can when you get back.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 01:49:52 pm »
It's a beautiful place.

A word of advice, do not ask for the drink "Car Bomb" in any pubs. You'll be kicked out.

Spike

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 03:58:28 pm »
Quote from: Eight-Bit

A word of advice, do not ask for the drink "Car Bomb" in any pubs. You'll be kicked out.

Hmm? where did that happen to you?

Chazzler

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 05:07:38 am »
Ireland is pretty (except for Dublin), and a nice place too. I recommend all travelers going there to visit at least Glendalough's national park, the Cliffs of Moher, those thousands of years old grave mounds/tombs on the northeastern part of the country, and of course the Giant's Footsteps.

Filatus

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 09:54:07 am »
Quote from: Chazzler
Ireland is pretty (except for Dublin), and a nice place too. I recommend all travelers going there to visit at least Glendalough's national park, the Cliffs of Moher, those thousands of years old grave mounds/tombs on the northeastern part of the country, and of course the Giant's Footsteps.

Only been to Dublin and agree with that part...

jadewillow

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 11:22:25 am »
Have fun, it is a beautiful country, and now you can enjoy a pint without being inundated with smoke.

However, I would recommend you NOT kiss the Blarney Stone! The locals there like to urinate on it.

Polak76

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 04:17:20 am »
Drink plenty!

lonnarin

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 05:45:29 pm »
Quote from: jadewillow
Have fun, it is a beautiful country, and now you can enjoy a pint without being inundated with smoke.

I love how it's also illegal to make smoker-only establishments for fear of discriminating against the folks who dont want to be there in the first place. I mean seriously, how many health-conscious people eat at waffle house anyways?  "I jog 2 miles a day and avoid alcohol and cigarettes so I can have lead-based paint and asbestos with my eggs!"  Since when was killing your liver in a bar health-conscious? There should be a law where the smoking ban is lifted on all restaurants and pubs where the food and alcohol is more dangerous than the lung cancer.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 09:41:13 pm »
As promised to Leanthar, pictures from Ireland:

Road, far south west of Ireland, it's a winding road on the coastline, beautiful view but reasonably trecharous.

Older castle, in a swamp/moat.

And also Iceland:

First 'Parlament' of Iceland (800yrs old)

Vatnajokul (biggest glacier in iceland) (drift ice!!!)

Leanthar

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 10:33:51 pm »
Thank you for posting! Good stuff. :)

Krell Himmler

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 06:32:05 am »
Oh, and anyone planning a trip to Ireland, make sure you avoid Dublin like the plague! Every hour is peak hour (even Sunday) you'll have a good chance of 2 hours in traffic barely moving!

Spike

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 08:11:09 am »
I would have to agree there. Since I need to get to town every day I have to get up at a horrible hour of the mourning to avoid the traffic chaos! Tis' why I shall be moving to Galway come the end of summer.

Its also good to see that Krell managed to get a few pictures when it wasn't  raining, a very rare occurrence ;).

Krell Himmler

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 10:34:41 am »
Yeah, Galway was nice, took the picture from the car it was a rare break in the rain, I couldn't believe how much rain and flooding, the irish people told me it was exceptionally heavy rain, even for them.

bobby1361

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 12:34:51 pm »
aww seals!

Chazzler

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 08:30:55 am »
Dublin and the literally "green" river in it *shudders*