The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Messenger Birds  (Read 265 times)

Ravemore

Messenger Birds
« on: May 21, 2009, 04:21:12 pm »
I was trying to use one of the little cool messenger birds in LORE and I received a message saying: Cannot send a message; you have no characters to send as!

Not sure where I can add Stygian. Did not see any function in the account info. Anyone who has set this up got some direction for me? O.o

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Messenger Birds
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 04:28:07 pm »
Have you set up your [LORE]PublicCDKey[/LORE] for your LORE account?

Ravemore

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:01:53 pm »
Yup.. I have a public CD Key plugged in.... did it in 2006.

I'm going to double check it to make sure it is correct...

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 05:08:34 pm »
You should be able to select the person to whom you wish to send a bird, then there will be a drop-down menu to choose from all your characters the one you wish to actually send the letter.

Ravemore

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 05:21:34 pm »
Yup...had that. It just would not let me send because it said: Cannot send a message; you have no characters to send as!

Good news though it is now working thanks to you! I entered all three keys. I only had one entered and it was not the right one.

As a side note, I fully recommend this function to anyone playing Layo. It is a superb IC way of getting messages to people in game and it will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when a bird drops a note at your feet... ;)

Chazzler

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 05:14:54 am »
Sure does make me feel all warm and fuzzy every time I receive an IC message with the birds!

pejsaboy

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 12:18:18 pm »
    Pft. When you haven't played in over a year, and you log back on alone in the middle of nowhere near Fort Miritrix from the previous night's adventure, warm and fuzzy isn't exactly the feeling a messenger bird invokes ;)