The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: My first DT in over 4 months  (Read 207 times)

jrizz

My first DT in over 4 months
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:04:07 pm »
Well had a great run going :) over 4 months without a SS loss and in that time only died less then a handful of times. Today I died twice and lost a SS (along with 150K xp). Here are the lessons learned from this one:
1. Never go to east server without a cleric.
2. Never never go to east server without a cleric :)
3. Evasion, tumble, and high reflex will serve you very well down the road (even better then a high AC in many cases). find a way to do that.
4, Death ward is NOT for pansies :D
5. If you do die, and you are raised, find a safe place to wait it out and tell your group to pick you up on the way back or hide way in the back. Charging ahead into fights can cost you a lot, a real real lot.

This list represents some of my dumb dumb moves today, thought I would share them with you for educational purposes.

LordCove

Re: My first DT in over 4 months
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 05:18:16 pm »
Oh....you forgot  6. Never never go to east server without a cleric ;)

Blackguy

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 05:18:55 pm »
And deathwards are only for elves.

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:19:40 pm »
Quote from: jrizz

4, Death ward is NOT for pansies :D

Yes it is. Maybe, instead, it is time for you to admit that Wren is a pansy! :)

jrizz

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:33:55 pm »
oh you wound me :P

Falonthas

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:41:16 pm »
:wraps his head for the wound:

whoops too late to play cleric huh

Dalila

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 07:19:56 pm »
Awww. Sorry you got a DT. I always travel with Undeaths Eternal Foe.

Lynn1020

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 09:06:03 pm »
I'm sorry... :(.  No matter the reason for the lost of the SS it still stinks.  This being the reason I hardly play my main pc.  It gets depressing after a while.. :\

s0ulz

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 12:23:09 am »
Points three and five are somewhat valid, with the exception of having to wait until the returning of the rest of the group.

Clerics are such a luxury at the momen that it is very much possible and necessary to try and adventure without them. Just know your fights and limits, don't run into overwhelming odds and there - you're good to go.

Death ward is indeed only for elves and only for the weak of heart :p

Chazzler

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:25:03 am »
Sorry to hear that mate, I tried to click on you with a Healer's Hug, but wasn't wearing any that were quickslotted, d'oh.

I hope it was not from the 6+ slots of Soul Strands. Godim still has 6 left,  been lucky I guess.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
So if the party ever decides to split up - definitely volunteer to go and protect the cleric.

That reminds me of the days of PnP - where if baddies suddenly poured in  shouts of "protect the cleric" from the amassed players could be heard. The poor mages were on their own to survive till the sortie was settled.

I hated playing a mage sometimes :)

DiegoBastet

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 07:29:39 am »
I guess this is bad...specially if you play only around TEN hours a MONTH, and your character is only level SEVEN, after SIX MONTHS in the server, and that character has lost already SEVEN Soul Strands, including one of the on the FIRST death at level FOUR!!!

GRRRR! CRINOOOOOOS!!!!!!

Ps: I am feeling better alredy. Thanks. =P