The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sorcerer bonus feats  (Read 247 times)

Halfwit Genious

Sorcerer bonus feats
« on: August 07, 2007, 06:20:01 pm »
I was looking at the list of possible feats to take as a bonus feat for an epic sorc and I noticed it listed both epic spell focus and epic spell penetration. I am wondering if you can also use the same bonus feat to take greater spell focus and greater penetration. I didn't see them on the list but I have seen similar lists that are not all-inclusive and it makes sence that if you could take the epic versions you could also take the greater versions. Thanks for any comments.

- Halfwit

Chongo

Re: Sorcerer bonus feats
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:46:40 am »
hmm... that's a good question.  To be honest I've never checked, but for some reason I want to say no.

If you want to find out for yourself, and find out the answer to any other future questions - here's the step by step:

- Log in, go to your main menu, then export your character.  This will save Kalin on your local vault.  

- Then load up the default NWN HoTU campaign, and load a saved character, choose the Kalin you saved.

- Ignore the funkiness with the hak problems as your head will probably look like a glowing onion if you're wearing a hood when you save.  A lot of your inventory won't show up, just ignore it.

- Type:  ~DebugMode=1

- Type:  ~GiveLevel 15  (then click on your character.  You can give whatever # of levels you want, just don't give anymore then would make you 40)

Then level up and play around with it.  Other commands you can mess around with is ~GiveLevel -15  (or whatever # you want).  Bottom line is that you can go up and down and play around with it.

Fun.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:28:22 am »
Actually, since Layo uses a much longer XP progression, the amount of XP that Kalin has may very well be over and above what's needed to pass the epic threshold when loaded into a module like HotU

Falonthas

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 10:37:43 am »
dorg is right i did the check out with drogo a long time ago and at 15th in layo he was 40 in hotu

Chongo

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 12:59:05 pm »
Well that certainly makes it easy.  Boot 'er up and check!

LynnJuniper

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 02:03:31 pm »
Remember everything in that little ~ menu is case sensitive, so make sure you  type it in exactly the right way. For a full list of commands see

Neverwinter Nights Cheats - Neverwinter Nights Codes - Neverwinter Nights Secrets

NOTE: Do Not Try To Use These In Layonara, but only for your own personal use.

Also: +Novice to Epic Character Maker CEP Edition -- Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault

This is a nice mod that lets you build and test out characters (They give you nice widgits to level characters, give gold, craft things, and buy items. There's also an arena to test out your character against like leveled monsters or "Adventurers" Its good for testing things out to see if you'd like them
NOTE: This version despite name is not NWN2.
NOTE: This version requires the CEP (Community Expansion Pack)

Halfwit Genious

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 02:25:31 pm »
Thanks for all the answers. I have played around with the giving characters lvls thing a bit but for some reason it never occured to me to try it for this :). Should be interesting to see, and yeah. I loaded Kalin into NWN yesterday and he was 40 already. Thanks again.

- Halfwit

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 02:36:10 pm »
There's also one called the "Halls of Advanced Training" that doesn't require any HAKs.

The Halls of Advanced Training Deluxe - HotU+SoU Edition -- Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault

Halfwit Genious

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 03:42:04 pm »
I tried this and discovered I cannot take the greater versions of the feats but I can taake epic spell much to my delight... much to my confusion however I could only take dragon knight, mummy dust, greater ruin, and epic mage armor. I understand I have to meet the SC requ's for the spells but I looked at time stop and it's req. is the same as greater ruin. At least here it is. Is it not the same in regular NwN and if not why couldn't I take it? Thanks for any replies.

- Halfwit

LynnJuniper

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 03:58:48 pm »
In Neverwinter Nights Timestop is a 9th level spell not an epic spell. You take it at levelup (or find a scroll) like with all others.

Here it was considered over powered since its not a single player game, and was turned into an epic spell with an XP payment as a material

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 12:45:34 pm »
Is there a way to level characters in a builder like these and see the LAYONARA specific feats available?  The big one being Soul Mother Defense.

Dorganath

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 01:04:19 pm »
You'd have to associate our HAKs with the builder modules.  But then in doing that, the functions that give/take XP may not work properly....depends how they were written though.

Chongo

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 04:10:06 pm »
SMD shows up for rogue bonus feats, I'm assuming this goes for all class specific feats.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 08:20:10 pm »
How do associate the Layo HAKs?

Script Wrecked

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 09:59:12 am »
You will need to create a new module in the Toolset, or open an existing module, like one of the "DEMO" modules.

To add the Layonara hakpacks, from the menu bar at the top:

Edit -> Module Properties

Click the "Custom Content" tab.

From the drop down list horizontally next to the "Add" button (with the little down-triangle), click it. This will bring up a list of all the hakpacks in your HAK folder. Amongst these will be a bunch starting with "layov2_*".

For each of these hakpacks, select the hakpack, and then click the "Add" button. The problem here is that the order hakpacks are added in can be important, but I do not know what order this should be.

In the "Custom Tlk File" drop down list, select "layonara_v19".

Click the "Okay" button. The Toolset will then compile the module.

Save the module (Ctrl+S).

Press "F9" to run the module from the tileset. The character used will be the "top" character (sorted alphabetically).

Alternately, run the module like you normally would.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.