The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: This is gotta stop...  (Read 675 times)

lunchboxkilla

This is gotta stop...
« on: January 01, 2006, 09:58:00 pm »
Unless this is a DM thing Its gotta Stop... I got attacked by a revrant out side of stroan's in Llast of all places. at the AT no less...
I'm not one for cpmplaints but today has been nothing but lured monsters FAR from theur areas waiting for some player to foolishly run into them... I mean these are the kind that kill low levels with out flinching...I have been attacked 5 times in one day and I find it absurd...

EdTheKet

RE: This is gotta stop...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 09:53:00 am »
lunchboxkilla - 1/2/2006 6:58 AM Unless this is a DM thing Its gotta Stop... I got attacked by a revrant out side of stroan's in Llast of all places.
Unlikely to be a DM thing as spawning on ATs isn't something we do :)

Gulnyr

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 10:04:00 am »
*cough* "This has gotta stop." *cough*

[small] Or, since you're writing like you say it, "This's gotta stop."  It's a contraction.[/small]

Dezza

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 04:02:00 pm »
Their is a spawn point for undead outside Storans Crypt...most likely this is what you encountered.

ThrainSil

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 04:36:00 pm »
I found that sometimes creatures are following me I did not even know about.  One time I came into Hope after killing the two shades that spawned near me. Went to the pawnshop, got some food from the inn, and came out to find someone fighting 3 shades they said just wandered into town.  Same thing has happend with griffons that arrive on me a few min after I get to Hope and have a puff of the pipe.  I think things like this happen when an area spawns behind you on your way out.  Of couse you just killed the creatures in your way so you may not be looking behind you. Not sure though.

Perhaps people should pause at the area entry spots for a few min just to make sure they are not being followed. Of course if you stir up a hornets nest and run you should warn people.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 05:46:00 pm »
Dezza - 1/2/2006  5:02 PM

Their is a spawn point for undead outside Storans Crypt...most likely this is what you encountered.

Revnants don't spawn at the spawn you're refering to.

-TV

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 06:25:00 pm »
um.. it's There... not their... :)

and undead don't "spawn", salmon spawn... Undead animate... :)

Nyralotep

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 06:45:00 pm »
Beasty has twice now run into monsters in Stone.  Once it was a pit fiend and guards of Bloodstone.  That happened a few days ago.  Today he transitions to Stone and on the other side, in Stone, he gets hit on by 3 guards of Bloodstone.  There was a Dire boar in side of llast as well as an Ogre attacking the pawn shop guy.  Someone seems to be dragging spawns outside of the spawn point once they realize they are in over their head.  

Dezza

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »
Doc-Holiday - 1/3/2006  1:25 PM

hehe when your as tired as I am its whatever you want it to be...technicalities!

Everybody wants to be a comedian! :)

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 07:09:00 pm »
Stone has fallen to Blood's troops, so no one is leading them there...you're running into Stone at your own risk.

Nyralotep

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 07:16:00 pm »
That makes sense then, I have been gone for a while and didn't realize that it had fallen to Bloods troops.  

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 07:19:00 pm »
Two Bloodstone guards on ATs: One right outside of Point Harbor, one on top of the Wolfswood AT.

Cp_Winddancer

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 07:37:00 pm »
A wise person said this to me once.  "If you go to a place which is known to be controlled by Bloodstone then you also take the consequences for going there."  Stone is under the control of Bloodstone.  Unless you are wanting to die, Stay Out until it is retaken.  The same goes for Rodlem.  In the same breath it is very wrong to run to town or past an NPC should you find yourself being chased, just like if any other creature is chasing you.

Ne'er

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 04:29:00 am »
Well... if your like me and don't travel on Rilara much you know Stone has fallen and you take a wrong turn and cry when you see the loading screen say "Stone" at the top. Sadly, Jet was no match for three bloodstone dwarves...

Glassman

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 05:44:00 am »
    Not to be funny or anything, but if I was wandering through a wilderness and got ambushed by creatures far too powerful for me, I'd be tempted to find the nearest safe place and hide. I know people are saying dont drag monsters to towns, and in part I agree, but where does the line between server ettiquette and roleplaying a characters self-preservation instinct get drawn? Towns are safe places for many reasons and whilst I understand people saying dont drag monsters there, Im not sure where the roleplaying implications for that lie. What do you all think?

Gulnyr

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 06:18:00 am »
    Glassman - 1/3/2006  8:44 AM
    where does the line between server ettiquette and roleplaying a characters self-preservation instinct get drawn?

About two steps before you cause other people problems.

If you are exploring an area, you know you might run into something you can't handle, so it's your responsibility, and it's your own fault.  You should face the consequences.  When you drag creatures back to town, or leave them in high-traffic areas, you've now caused problems for other people.  That's very inconsiderate.  It's also against server rules.

Trying to roleplay in a realistic way is good, but Layonara is not the real world.  There are, though, real people in the real world on the other end of those characters.  Be considerate of your fellow players and don't run to town with your problems.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 06:35:00 am »
    Immaculate, Gulnyr.  Perfectly stated.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 09:34:00 am »
    Dezza - 1/2/2006  7:48 PM

Doc-Holiday - 1/3/2006  1:25 PM

hehe when your as tired as I am its whatever you want it to be...technicalities!

Everybody wants to be a comedian! :)

I'm not a comedian... I'm just funny :)

Glassman

• View Profile
      « Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 02:04:00 pm »
      Okay people, when I asked about the whole bringing monsters to town thing, I never stated it was something I have ever done intentionally, or intend to do, but it was a question that whilst answered well, I can't help but get the feeling I have just been told off and lectured. I don't particularly respect the condescending way my simple question was answered. Thanks Gulnyr, for shattering the fragile reality that I had built up around myself,where Layonara is indeed a real world,and all the characters in it real people. Oh whatever will I do? I totally appreciate it when anyone answers one of my questions. What I dont appreciate is being made to feel like a fool.

Gulnyr

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 02:22:00 pm »
      Please try not to read emotion into it.  My statement was not aimed at any individual, nor was it an accusation.  "You" was italicized to help focus the idea that personal responsibility is the key to the answer.  

Also, it is a fact that some people take the game far too seriously.  Some will do whatever it takes to stay alive, even if that means causing trouble for other players.  That's why I pointed out that Layonara is not the real world.  This is a public forum with many readers, so I generalized the answer.

I gotta stop posting.  Give a straightforward answer and people complain.  Have some fun with cake and people complain.  Sheesh.