The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Tomes of Rofirein  (Read 178 times)

lonnarin

Tomes of Rofirein
« on: May 10, 2005, 06:17:00 pm »
Wouldn't they mostly be draconic, considering their founder?  I was just musing that clerics and paladins of the faith should know about as much draconic as the pope knows latin.  :)

In fact, such characters that do not yet know the language probably should be required to learn it through CDQ before attaining the upper levels of faith. (PrCs and Epics at least)

Same for that matter, for clerics of many other faiths whith non-human gods.  A human cleric of Vorax or Dorand might have a few translated works in common, but much of the greater texts of the faith would require them to eventually try to learn Dwarven.  Katian clerics would either have to talk to a tree or speak animal, heh.

It'd be very cool if clerics did their rituals and prayers in the tongue of their god as much as possible.  Weird chanting in languages you don't understand are a CONSTANT in world religions, heh.

Leanthar

RE: Tomes of Rofirein
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 06:26:00 pm »
Some are indeed in Draconic but most are transcribed to various other languages otherwise he would not have much of a following due to nobody being able to read that text.
  I have one character, who through RP and 2 full years of RP has learned Draconic and indeed he is a devout follower of Rofirein.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 06:44:00 pm »
*slams head in desk* so much for that idea *scribbles out few notes* Well Acrance.....*taps chin* but as an RP stand point I don't think there ever could be Arcane ears.. Bah never mind my mind is slushy and frail right now

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 07:16:00 pm »
You are correct, there will never be Arcane ears.

Cheesyleps

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 08:15:00 am »
    Leanthar - 5/11/2005  2:26 AM    Some are indeed in Draconic but most are transcribed to various other languages otherwise he would not have much of a following due to nobody being able to read that text.
     The common person not being able to understand texts or services never stopped Christianity from being popular in the middle ages.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 08:21:00 am »
    You mean when those services were mandatory? :o

Dezza

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 03:37:00 pm »
    Rofirein has a great love for the humanoid races on the earth so it would be fair to say a lot of the texts were written in tongues that the people could read.