The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about the maintenance  (Read 296 times)

jan

Question about the maintenance
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:19:42 pm »
I was wondering if anything has been changed during the recent maintenance .

Asking because all off a sudden i lag more then i can walk while nothing has changed on my computer and i was running smoothly before the maintenance .

The lag occurs on both west and central server .

If this sounds like a problem with my comp , then please try to help out by suggesting what i can do to get rid off the lag .

Thanks in advance , Jan .

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Question about the maintenance
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 07:25:54 pm »
The issue is under review. Thanks for the notice.

mumbles

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:00:29 pm »
Id like to say the same actually since the last updates i seem to be rather a lot more laggy even when theres a few people on the server , also seem to crash out a bit more frequently aswell .

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:06:33 pm »
Not to cause trouble but I've crashed a few times recently during fights with barely any magic Party-Side.  Noticed a bit of lag at first too but not much since

Chongo

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:13:15 pm »
Quote from: mumbles
Id like to say the same actually since the last updates i seem to be rather a lot more laggy even when theres a few people on the server , also seem to crash out a bit more frequently aswell .

Since the update or since the maintenance?

Nehetsrev

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:21:54 pm »
I'm not sure if it's related to the issue with the game servers and possible lag, but I've noticed as well that none of my character's LORE pages have been updated since the 17th, when the maintenance was performed.

mumbles

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:11:13 am »
Since the maintence , happened the other day all was running fine up till then

Chazzler

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 07:48:02 am »
I have had a few crashes after the maintenance as well, specifically transition crashes to the custom tileset areas (Prantz for example). I have also experienced a lot of lag at times.

Last night mumbles / kloss crashed around 7-10 times in the Forest Giant Cave of Dregar, and he hasn't been crashing like that after he got some more RAM to his compy.

Also, when I logged in to Central that night, the times between the stages of "Finding Server" "Logging In" and so forth were particularly long.

~Chazzler

stragen

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:04:08 pm »
I noticed that some 'remains' from dead monsters on the ground were not being cleaned up.  Even hours later.
-Stragen

scifibarbie

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 11:55:57 pm »
Ive noticed a noticeable lag on the server since the maintenance also.

I was the only one on the west server earlier today, and I noticed that everytime i tried to do anything, crafting, casting spells or just running around..I was gettng noticeable lag jumps.

scifi

mumbles

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 06:51:26 pm »
Was on the quest server for harlas quest the other night and didnt have one crash or the slightest bit of lag with a party of 8 , then as soon as that was over i went to central with only 3 people logged on none in my party or anywhere near and the lag started , quiet large spikes ... not sure if this helps in anyway to figure out what might be causing it

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 08:02:32 pm »
Adding to what Nehetsrev said above about LORE not updating since the 17th of JUNE following the maintenance, I have noticed that the newest character as listed on the server status page has said Brandy for a long time.  So I'm wondering now if any of the website pages that get automatic in game updates like crafting etc. are working.  

Also, I would agree that there is slightly more lag now than there was before and logging into the server does take a few more seconds as well.

zenvidar

• Druids
    • Followers of Katia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 08:52:10 pm »
Yes, I found it hard to believe that Brandy would still be the newest in-game player. That would mean that the new approvals had not made their characters and that is highly unlikely. All of the character data does definitely seem to support no later than the 17th of June.

When it comes to lag, I've noticed some more. I was more capable of multitasking with other programs earlier in the month. Now I must shut off any additional programs like winamp save small ones like IRC.