The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 266 times)

merlin34baseball

Where is everyone?
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:03:16 am »
OK...

I'm just wondering where everyone is hanging out when they're on West.  In the last week I have maybe, maybe run into like 5 characters in Hemp, Vehl and Stormcrest combined.  Is there somewhere I don't know about?

I'm not really a person to log on and start sending Tells finding out where everyone is.  So I hang around, fish, practice archery on the kobolds, kill skeletons in Vehl and hope to run into someone, but it doesn't seem to be working, and hasn't for some time.

So I guess I was wondering where everyone was meeting.  There were almost 20 people on a bit ago and in 2-3 hours I saw 1.  And unfortunatly this seems typical of my play time lately, and I see lots of people on most of the time, and I play in timezones with lots of people on usually.

Or I guess do I just break down and start sending Tells? (which I kinda consider sorta well, strange, like my Character has ESP and just knows where to magically show up)

Please tell me I am missing something!
:)

Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: YoDDa

Pseudonym

Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:15:29 am »
My opinion only, yeah tells are OOC ... but, I, much like many, only have a few hours to play here and there and prefer the slight break in immersion from a 'Where are you?' tell to the boredom of a three hour 'wait and hope' at Stormcrest.

PS. To answer your actual question, there is indeed a secret 'No-Laaren Club' meeting place way out of the way. He's onto us everyone!

merlin34baseball

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 12:19:37 am »
Aw... a No-Laaren-Club? *sighs*

Serissa

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 09:35:00 am »
I feel uncomfortable about sending tells, but I sure like to receive them.  Ferrit spent a couple of hours hanging out at Hempstead Pond, playing peddler.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:42:54 am »
I really wish I knew where everyone was sometimes. I used to spend hours pacing between Hempstead and Vhel through Stormcrest....now I don't sign on without checking the Server status and/or being asked.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 10:35:20 am »
Yeah, I'm with Psuedo. I gave up just waiting around to run into someone a long time ago. When I log in, I send a tell to a few people to see what's going on, then decide on an IC reason why my character would be in a place near wherever the others are.

I.E. I send a tell to Filatus, and he tells me Hardragh is scaring kobolds on Black Ice Isle. I decide the reason Steel might travel to Krashin (and summarily "bump" into Hardragh) is to hunt ice drakes for their oh-so-delicately-tasty wings. :p

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 11:44:41 am »
Rak and Kor were stomping around this weekend checking out all the new areas and finishing some new quests.  Then we sailed to the Dragon Isles and got swarmed by a fire drake and its posse of treant allies.  After that Farros and Skabot just ran around mining topaz around Ore Hills, per usual.

Any time you see anybody played by Karma_Virus or C.Pooser, don't feel shy to send us a tell asking what's up.  We're usually bored too, looking for people to join in those great big hulking warparties that made Farros famous back in the day.

It used to be I'd log in, send a couple tells and we'd have a party of 15-20 in no time.

Lynn1020

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 08:09:24 pm »
Quote from: miltonyorkcastle
Yeah, I'm with Psuedo. I gave up just waiting around to run into someone a long time ago. When I log in, I send a tell to a few people to see what's going on, then decide on an IC reason why my character would be in a place near wherever the others are.

I.E. I send a tell to Filatus, and he tells me Hardragh is scaring kobolds on Black Ice Isle. I decide the reason Steel might travel to Krashin (and summarily "bump" into Hardragh) is to hunt ice drakes for their oh-so-delicately-tasty wings. :p

The only thing about that is it usually ends up with the same groups traveling together.  How often do people send tells to someone you don't know that well or that your pc hasn't met?  Its hard for new pc's or players that don't get to play often to get into parties to go adventuring. So they are often left to crafting or wandering around with many times never running into anyone.

jrizz

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 08:43:33 pm »
this is going to end being a "bring back Hlint" thread so I will just say this. Let's all just agree on a place to hang out. If you are doing nothing go hang out there.

It has to be near craft halls to increase the foot traffic.
It has to be near starting NPC quests so that new folks can run into people.
It has to have places to sit.
It has to be near a port, an inn, and a temple.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »
So whats wrong with Hempstead and Vehl?

silverblades

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 11:29:02 pm »
Hey Merlin34 sorry i havent played, *shrugs* life just does that to ya sometimes. Here today gone tomorrow. Had a few job changes so. I'll log on and say Hi (via tells)doubt anyone misses Ol Balazar anyways.
There can be only One.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 11:45:25 pm »
How often do people send tells to someone you don't know that well or that your pc hasn't met?

In truth, I do send tells to folks I don't know, and I encourage this practice as best I can. I can even recall a time when I didn't really know you or your characters, Lynn1020, yet I started sending you tells so we could maybe interact. Granted, I don't get to play as much as I used to, and I may be the exception to the rule, since I actually seek out interaction with the unknown, but there is still hope that others will give it a try.

Seriously, people, what have you got to lose by your character interacting with another character? Who cares if you don't really know the player. You'll get to know the player eventually anyway by playing with his/her character.

jrizz

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 11:55:44 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
So whats wrong with Hempstead and Vehl?

Hempstead near the craft halls works for me. Anyone else?

Falonthas

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 11:58:37 am »
hempstead by the carp pond since some who wander by may not be able to go into hemp

Eight-Bit

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 02:29:10 pm »
Tells are such a better alternative to sitting around doing nothing. I am a firm believer that if you  have to metagame a little to RP a lot, then so be it. We're a community and Tells are a way for us to communicate as such in the game.

If I am online (yea, right... sigh...) then just send me a tell and I will do whatever I can to interact with your character.

anything