The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: BG quotes anyone?  (Read 573 times)

Ne'er

Re: BG quotes anyone?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 03:52:38 pm »
My personal favorite...

Xan: We're all doomed...

And then there are dozens of others of course. Such a great game...

darkstorme

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 05:48:08 pm »
BG II was superior to BG I in pretty much every way - but one of Khalid's comments from BG I - upon his morale break:

"Th..the better part of valour!  The better part of valour!"

And then, of course, there's Minsc:

"I have lost myself in your words, but Boo thinks you're just ducky.  Onwards!"
"What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there."
"I would hate being forgotten in a bottle. It might depend somewhat on the type of bottle, but overall I expect the effect would be similar."

And finally, one of my favourites from Throne of Bhaal...
Aerie: I have a question for you, Imoen... you have the taint of Bhaal within you? Does this mean you will turn into the Slayer as well?
Imoen: I certainly hope not. I... I've been thinking more and more lately about that, myself, though.
Aerie: It must be an awful feeling. I cannot imagine how Jai'mi deals with it.
Imoen: Yeah... he's been dealing with it longer, too. Sometimes, when it's quiet... I can hear the taint in my heart whispering to me. It says awful things and I almost want to scream to shut them out.
Aerie: [gasp!] You... you haven't done anything that it's said, have you?
Imoen: Well... other than that time I got up in the middle of the night to snatch a bag of cinnamon cookies, heck no.
Aerie: Oh, goo-... what? Cinnamon cookies?
Imoen: Ha ha! Oh, come on, Aerie! Lighten up, willya? I'll tell ya what, if I have any desires to murder you in the middle of the night, you'll be the first to know, okay?
Aerie: That's not very funny, Imoen. Jai'mi never makes fun of his condition that way.
Jai'mi: Well, it's been so much easier when I discovered all the Slayer really wants is a sandwich...
Aerie: Oh, fine. Everyone seems determined to make fun of me. I'll stand back here, thank you.

Hellblazer

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 08:46:16 pm »
I made a little search on the net after reading this.. why is every one leaving out BG3?

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 11:16:05 pm »
Hellblazer - 10/5/2006  9:46 PM

I made a little search on the net after reading this.. why is every one leaving out BG3?

because... there is no BG3

"Feel the burning stare of my hampster! and chaaange your waaays!"

LordCove

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 01:17:49 am »
It was Throne of Bhaal....which was good too, but bloody hard!

Guardian 452

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 05:51:41 am »
Cespenar was from ToB ;)

Some thought he was annoying but I just laughed and laughed at his lines as he went thru your pack.  ;)

Guardian 452

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2006, 02:33:06 pm »

Kuo-Toa Leader: Klodg do g'ith dal shaog gossath! Geetaaah!

Protagonist: *sigh* This isn't going to end well, is it?

Linele

• View Profile
    RE: BG quotes anyone?
    « Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 02:49:11 pm »
    I liked BG 1 almost more than BG 2 - there's just something about those pixelly 640x480 graphics that sets my heart aflutter. :p

Protagonist (to Portalbendarwinden): Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty ... quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!

Ne'er

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 02:58:28 pm »
    Can't remember the exact Cespenar quote, but it refers to the recipes. Something along the lines of:

"You know who has lots of recipes? Lady named Martha. She's around Hell somewhere...."

And then my personal favorite:

"Oh, Hindo's Doom. Can you say it? Hindo's DooooooOooOoooOoooom."

Guardian 452

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 03:10:58 pm »
    Ohhhh good one!!!

I keep looking, but I runnings out of recipes soon. Needs to find Martha, soon. She around Hell somewhere, I thinks.

Olme

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 05:56:09 pm »
    not a quote ..but in BG I : Larry, Daryl and Daryl make an appearance on  one of the side quests .

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 06:53:21 pm »
    Minsc:"Feeeel the buurrrning stare of my hampster! And change your ways."
      *giggles* You only got that line though once you began to slip towards evil. Minsc told my half elf that when they killed a bunch of innocent people in somehouse some place.

Niles09

RE: BG quotes anyone?
    « Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 06:27:00 am »
    There was a beholder both in the city under the sea and in the drow lair in ToB... I saved the game before those conversations just to watch them again.... He was truly the coolest beholder ever to have floated on the earth...

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 06:30:15 am »
    The story of BG1, the flow of the game and the NPCs make it my favourite campaign ever. :)

IDii

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2006, 07:05:35 am »
    Tiax: "Have ye no ears to hear?! It is as Tiax said! DESTINY! Cyric himself will lift Tiax "on-high," hurtling me to my rightful place when the time comes! You shall all be as ants before my grace, though slightly larger ants than the norm if you help me."

Jan Jansen: "I think we make a fine partnership, like Drizzt and Wulfgar! Elminster and Volo! Heh, we should go into the mobile vegetable peddling business together!"

Xzar: "Mommy, I'm-a-scared!" (This said by the crazy CE necromancer)

Quayle: "I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T."

Minsc: "Boo points, I punch - it's a very simple relationship, but it is effective!"

Lonk the Sane: "My job? Taking care of crazies like you. Making sure you don't go and hurt yourselves with your deviant powers. And cookies, I make cookies."

Oh and, tons of them here: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate_series

Seriously read the Jan Jansen quotes... Reminds me why I usually had that gnome in my party.

Random Kid: You're a gnome, aren't you? My momma says that gnomes are good for nothing other than decorating the grounds.
    Jan: Actually, young one, I have an Uncle Witherjar who decorates grounds professionally. He has become known all across his hometown as the Garden Gnome, and I understand he makes quite the fair living at it. I don't know if I would like to work all those hours during the day, as Uncle Witherjar does, so I think I would have to turn down your mother's suggestion. I could always refer her to my Uncle, I suppose, although it is such a far way. He wants to spread his work amongst all the gnomes, but I don't think he's made much headway, yet. If your mother would rather decorate her kitchen, I suppose I could give it a whirl even if I haven't got the Witherjar touch.
    Kid: Huh?

LordCove

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2006, 07:44:02 am »
    Did anyone ever actually find all the special clothes? ie. Golden pantaloons....bronze undergarments and.....silver......something.

Turned you into some huge Iron Golem thing with Flamethrowers and stuff.

Montaron - " This party better change, or our next assailants may just live."

Niles09

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2006, 08:49:44 am »
    LordCove - 10/10/2006  4:44 AM  Did anyone ever actually find all the special clothes? ie. Golden pantaloons....bronze undergarments and.....silver......something.  Turned you into some huge Iron Golem thing with Flamethrowers and stuff.  Montaron - " This party better change, or our next assailants may just live."  
     I found them all.... but gave the first pair away in BG 1 because it was a part of a quest >.

anything