The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: OMG! Bags of Milk!  (Read 188 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

OMG! Bags of Milk!
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:55:21 pm »

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin

twidget658

Re: OMG! Bags of Milk!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:26:06 pm »
We have bags of milk on the boat. It's regular milk that is put into a bag instead of a jug so it can go into a chilled milk dispenser.

darkstorme

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 01:38:30 am »
Bagged milk is regular milk.  It was so weird, moving out to Vancouver, where they only sell it in jugs.  I wasn't aware that milk came in anything but bags until I heard "Lonely Lab of Broken Hearts" by the Arrogant Worms.

(And in case anyone was wondering, The Arrogant Worms - Lonely Lab of Broken Hearts - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music.)

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 03:17:56 pm »
I always thought it tastes better from the bag.  With plastic jugs, there is a circle of dried, crusty milk under the cap which bagged milk just doesn't have.  Of course, it could be that I live in Florida now, and the milk here tastes worse by virtue of having the highest pus content.

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:13:21 pm »
umm.... ew?  lonnarin... that was just gross....

one more reason to drink soy milk...

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 04:50:10 pm »
All we really have in Texas grocery stores are jugs, both plastic and glass, and cartons. I didn't know milk came in bags until I worked for a cafeteria where we used the milk dispensers and five gallon milk bags.

We do have a lot of local dairies, though....for that matter, Texas has a lot of cows in general.

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 04:55:21 pm »
For me it's because I'm lactose intolerant.  I have a strong stomach for eating just about anything remotely consumable, but milk has me up against the ropes for hours.  Besides, beer and dairy doesn't sit well in the belly.

My favorite soymilk is Silk.  If I can't find that, I get Mayenburg Goat's Milk.  Goat's milk is much easier to digest than cow's milk for those with lactose intolerance.  Plus I love the taste way more.  It's extra sharp tasting, kind of like if whole milk was "triple whole milk".  I just wish it wasn't so expensive.  Around 2.38/liter, and our cow milk is around 2.70/gallon.

Now what I cannot stand at all is kumis, mare's milk.  I saw some on the shelf one day and gave it a try.  Oh maaaan.  I would only drink a glass of that again if somebody dared me to do it with at least 50 dollars at stake!  The stuff I bought, I took one sip, wretched and poured it out immediately.

Canadian milk bags, I just can't describe how much better it tastes than Florida milk jugs.  It's like their 2% tastes like our whole, and their whole tastes like sweet, superpower and immortality granting ambrosia.  Of course the same can be said about Florida orange juice and the stuff they sell in Canada.  Our juice from concentrate tastes like their 100% natural, and our 100% natural Florida orange juice tastes better than any citrus could ever hope to.  If Florida oranges were the forbidden fruit of Eden, Adam and Eve didn't regret their decision one bit.

Alatriel

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:25 pm »
hehe... Silk is definitely the best Soymilk hands down... Chocolate Silk of course being the top of that.  (also lactose intolerant here)  Never tried goats milk, but also agree with the orange juice of Florida.  Juice is just better there.

Link092

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 07:45:52 pm »
dear Canadian friends... as some of those youtube comments, as well as one's here, we are definitely worlds apart...

I've decided that I shall travel to Canada one day. :D

heheheheh

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 08:13:42 pm »
make sure to visit old quebec, and the older part of ottawa, the archetecture are worth it.

Chazzler

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 06:28:53 pm »
From what I've heard, is that lactose intolerance symptoms are caused of the milk being pastorised.

My friend is also lactose intolerant, and can't drink finnish milk at all, due to most of it being pastorised, but however, in Ireland they do not pastorise their milk, so he was able to drink that without symptoms.

Now again, there are milks that are not pastorised. I don't expect you guys to give it a try, but it might be worth a shot.

anything