The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Real-Life Alignment  (Read 748 times)

Faldred

Real-Life Alignment
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:21:46 am »
What would your real-life self be considered, alignment-wise, in the D&D alignment system?

(And think long and hard what "good" actually means before selecting it...)

Falonthas

Re: Real-Life Alignment
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:52:46 am »
took this test on the dnd web long ago and cn  came up every time

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:04:49 am »
I'm Lawful Good. No need for tests or anything. ;)

laurabunny

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 10:36:10 am »
    I'm LG.  I can't help it.  "No! You can't cross the street there! You're not allowed!" "You can't drink, you're not old enough!" And so on.

That's right... I am the Lawful Good BARD.

Incidentally, I'm not allowed to take any more bard levels in my current NWN2 game... I started as CG, but ended up LG.  What? What?! Breaking the law is bad!

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 05:04:10 pm »
    NG. I'm the kind of person who will give up my coat, help random people with packages....
    But some laws...

Pseudonym

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 05:28:18 pm »

LG. *sighs* How boring am I?

Zelda1

• Followers of Folian S'pae
      • Followers of Lucinda
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 12:34:08 am »
    NG... on most days. ;) I gave the shirt off my back to someone once.. literally. Though I had three of them on at the time..

merlin34baseball

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 12:43:20 am »
    No one is Chaotic Good? Sheesh... *winks*

Honora

RE: Real-Life Alignment
    « Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 02:51:08 am »
    I'd love to say Lawful Good, because as much as I taunt LG gods, it's the way I'd like the world to be.  

Unfortunately, I'm Lawful Neutral.  I'm much more deeply concerned with those things that affect me than those that affect the greater good.  I can harp on emissions all I want but I drive a V6; I like to go fast.  I can wail about garbage dumps near me overflowing but my son is in disposable diapers; I can't stomach the smell of poop and disinfectant I grew up with.  And yes, I think people who abuse or neglect children should be punished rather than helped.  And sterilized.  Lawful?  Yes.  Good?  Not so much.

On the other hand, to my family and friends, I'm very good.  Because their happiness affects me directly.

It's not pretty, but it's the truth.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 07:18:01 am »
    Hrm...I'd have to say Chaotic Neutral. The fact is, I can do some really nice things (Gave a Homeless guy a five or a ten , forgot which, he took it, screamed im going home and UPED AND DISAPPEARED on a lonely street with NO WHERE TO HIDE....I digress) But at no interval and for no reason...and then lets face it...I can be a spiteful &@&#$*@^. ^_^; So Yeah, there's no pattern with me, hence the Chaotic. And I jump between good things and spiteful mean cold hearted things Therefore in some weird way, since I cant do "Chaotic Schizo" It'd have to be neutral.

I do however have the "Rhynn thing" Going though, where I'd yell and scream and complain about something's stupidity, run in to help, and then grumble saying I didn't do a good thing at all Im Meaan! Meeeeeean! *giggles*

minerva

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 08:56:46 am »
    *points up at Honora's sentiment*   Yup, about covers it... except the diaper thing... unless plastic poop & scoop bags count...

Laldiien

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 09:56:17 am »
    I choose Chaotic Neutral

Serious Edit. NOt realy something I want to share I suppose.

ZeroVega

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 12:24:42 pm »
    I'm definatly NG. I have my moral codes and everything, so it's not like I really ever drop into the "Chaotic" part of the spectrum. I follow the law as well, but I don't agree with quite everything and I do not want to get so attached to laws that I miss sight of the big picture. But for the most part I'm a good citizen.

As for good. Well, let's face it. I'm just good.  :)  That's not to say I don't have my mean streaks or anything, but definatly not enough to drop me into the neutral category (as far as the Good/Evil axis goes anyway). So yeah. Neutral Good.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 12:50:21 pm »
    I'm right on the chaotic side of the Neutral/Chaos line for Chaotic Good.

Then again, I'm right on the Good side of the Neutral/Good line, too... ;)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 01:12:27 pm »
    My alignment is the Awesome Super Nova. Don't mess with me.

pinkpowerbait

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 08:28:54 pm »
    i took a quiz, and aparantly im chaotic evil *grin*

pejsaboy

• View Profile
      « Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 09:16:55 pm »
      true neutral for the win. i'm not necessarily good, but I surely won't go outta my way to help normally. i don't break laws to break them, but I don't follow the ones that I don't like [speed limits are for drivers of low skill levels :P]

lonnarin

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 11:44:41 pm »
      laurabunny - 12/1/2006  10:36 AM

I'm LG.  I can't help it.  "No! You can't cross the street there! You're not allowed!" "You can't drink, you're not old enough!" And so on.

That's right... I am the Lawful Good BARD.

Incidentally, I'm not allowed to take any more bard levels in my current NWN2 game... I started as CG, but ended up LG.  What? What?! Breaking the law is bad!

I always thought the "No Lawful Bards" rule was ridiculously silly, especially when rogues who take cheap shots, break into people's houses and steal their stuff can be of ANY alignment.  This is especially ludicrous when Bards are the only characters who can learn the Perform skill, restricted to all other classes!  Are we to presume that being able to play the piano lends one to be a rapscallion, soaring in the dirges of skullduggery?  I think not!  Otherwise history would be riddled with accounts of the day Paganini was caught pickpocketing and Mozart tried to stab somebody with a broken bottle in the midst of a barfight.  People would gasp and stare and point at them, warning their friends  "watch your pockets around that one, his mother gave him PIANO LESSONS!!!"

On that note, I'm certainly a CN bardarian.  I drink heavily, hate cops and beaurocracy, get into fisticuffs with my close friends just when I'm bored, but have an overwhelming sense of charity and refuse to exploit others.  My ideal form of government would be a heavily armed mob of vigilanteism, and I seldom hold a job for mopre than 6 months before I throw my boss through the window.  I should have been born many an era ago, perhaps the age of the vikings or some crazed gladiator in a pit.

Ar7

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 04:59:40 am »
      I am Lawful Evil and my views on the world are pretty much what Rufus' are, if anybody even remembers him.

cbnicholson

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 07:19:33 am »
      N. Good with Lawful tendencies.  I have a personal set of principles that guide my life and the only times I've been in real trouble is when I violated those principles. However, there are some rules that I just can't agree with, especially if they can easily be used to promote the bad in a system on to people.  Barring the occasional poorly implemented rules, I see the need for making and following the rules. I haven't given anyone the shirt of my own back, but I did give some hitchhikers my last twenty till payday.  I almost always try to help, but there are times when I think Honora's idea of sterilization isn't that bad of an idea.   ;)   I tend to plod along, steady, stable, and dependable-helping others who in turn usually help me.  I think I was a benevolent beaurocrat in a former life maybe - minus the radical birth control idea of course.
      "Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

anything