The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Things you haven't done in 12 years, but you did recently.  (Read 191 times)

Hellblazer

Things you haven't done in 12 years, but you did recently.
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:29:11 pm »
I just picked up roller skating again. First day on Sunday I had a different pair of skates and due to poor advice from the sales man they were truly not what I needed. For 10 minutes worth I spent 9 on my back laughing in the middle of the street.

Today I got myself reimbursed and went to a specialty store, got myself some more fitting recreational skates. Cost less too! Yay!. Spent an hour doing this today, not one fall. But maaan my poor thigh, back and calves...

How about any of you, what have you picked up lately after a looong time of not doing it?

Nehetsrev

Re: Things you haven't done in 12 years, but you did recently.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:00:42 pm »
Freelancer, IonCross Total War mod.  :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:50 pm »
*shifty eyes* if I can find my copy of the game, I might start beta testing for them again but shhhhhss *shifty eyes.*

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49:48 am »
Well... Shoot 'em up games! Like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 1, and Aliens vs. Predator (the 2010 one)

cbnicholson

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 09:15:30 am »
RTS- Age of Empires Gold, II, and III, the full collection for 10 bucks!  Couldn't pass it up. Loaded last night and found it was 11 pm before I looked up from my pc. :o:(
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 09:21:01 am »
I loved AoE 1 and 2, the third.. so so but heck yeah! I used to play for hours on end, building missions or playing with my brother over modem play.

Alatriel

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 09:24:21 am »
Quote from: cbnicholson
RTS- Age of Empires Gold, II, and III, the full collection for 10 bucks!  Couldn't pass it up. Loaded last night and found it was 11 pm before I looked up from my pc. :o:(

Ah.... got it.  You'd rather play with yourself than others ;)  I see how it is.

cbnicholson

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 10:18:25 am »
eep.:o
Ah.... got it.  You'd rather play with yourself than others ;)  I see  how it is.
 The game got away from me, honest!
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

darkstorme

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 12:41:31 pm »
As You Don't Know Jack puts it, "It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, as long as you play with yourself."

And in my case, MOO2.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 04:08:12 pm »
I'm not sure it's been twelve years, but this past memorial weekend some buddies of mine came over, and we lanned up old Diablo II and killed half a dozen hours.

We're all prepping for SCII and Diablo III.

Warchild214

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 04:34:31 pm »
Although not game related, it is something I havnt done it over 12 years. When I was on Vaca in Florida this past week, my brother and I made the trip to lower Keys and did a "nite" scuba dive on the French reef.

There is something about being 50+ ft underwater in total darkneess except from the thin beam of light from your flashlight.  The heart really gets pumping when you shine your light across the darkness and discover a 5 ft. black tip reef shark has come in for a closer look at you....O.o

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 05:40:05 pm »
Quote from: Warchild214
Although not game related, it is something I havnt done it over 12 years. When I was on Vaca in Florida this past week, my brother and I made the trip to lower Keys and did a "nite" scuba dive on the French reef.

There is something about being 50+ ft underwater in total darkneess except from the thin beam of light from your flashlight.  The heart really gets pumping when you shine your light across the darkness and discover a 5 ft. black tip reef shark has come in for a closer look at you....O.o

Absolutely. That is something else I need to pick up again. I always loved it, just didn't have enough time for it.

Warchild214

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 06:50:35 pm »
It was great to scuba again.  I got certified when I was 15 and lived in Fla.  Havnt been saltwater scuba in over 20 years actually and it is so much different then fresh water scuba.  The saltwater nite dives are a total mind bender.  Its like being in the best haunted house ever..  you only see what your flashlight sees, but you hear so many different sounds around you, and the sudden "whoosh" of something big that just swam past you makes the heart stop for split second.

I recommend it to anyone who does not have a heart condition to try it!

Hellblazer

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 11:16:12 pm »
I never had the luck to scuba dive in the ocean myself (salt water), but a friend of mine brought some clips and pictures back when he scuba dived in the Bahamas. It wasn't murky as the water you said, but still it was a real sight. It must be totally different in murky waters though. Some of our rivers are like this here in Quebec and it can be really disorienting.

Warchild214

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 11:41:10 pm »
I have been in waters with 0 ft visiblity (Military)..hehe, to over 200+ ft visiblity in the Cayman Islands.  Its amazing to be down 130+ ft and look up from that depth and be able to count the barnacles on the ships hull....lol, like being in a one giant DEEP swimming pool. :D

anything