The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The truth of the Lucius Kaiser/Krell Himmler Ban  (Read 124 times)

Heyguysimbak

• View Profile
    The truth of the Lucius Kaiser/Krell Himmler Ban
    « on: April 03, 2008, 02:28:05 am »
    Leanthar    
    to me

show details
        1 Apr (2 days ago)

Now you and I both know why you were banned. I am disappointed you are going around and dragging others in to this by telling them you don’t know. I do not want to make this public but I will if you force my hand.

You were banned because you were talking about suicide and that is not acceptable. You should not be doing that in any community (in RL or online). We should not have to deal with that (nobody should except for professionals) and most certainly players do not want to deal with that, they are here to have fun and play a game, not deal with suicidal thoughts and such. You need to get professional help, not help from an online gaming community and certainly not from the Layonara community, and it is simple as that.

You put us at great risk by doing that and I can’t allow that. You harm the community by doing that and I can not allow that. You harm your family by talking like that, get some help. You need to get professional help and not bring down the community. We can’t help you, only professional help can.

//He said he didn't wanna make it public and I'm guessing that was a threat? (you tell me). But this is for all the people who think I got banned for being mean/cruel or something else. Just so the team knows, feel free to post any game logs relating to this, in fact I encourage it. Or that I got banned for "griefing".

If you ban me and delete it I will post it again and again until the world hears the truth. Takes me thirty seconds to come back, about as long as it takes you to ban me.

To show that the person I spoke about it didn't mind (so I think) I will post the PM they sent me shortly before I got banned, with their name omitted. Thankfully  most of my PM's are saved in the email inbox.

---Quote (Originally by Krell Himmler)---
    I gotta go, take care hun. If I see you I see you *hugs*. Thanks for
    listening today.
    ---End Quote---

I will always listen sweetie or try to :) I will see you soon.

//for the record the person in question was concerned and as I believe went to him for advice/help and the ban was the result, although I'm speculating here so feel free to correct me.

//Now if you want to talk to me then of course add me on msn, I will be using it for a short period of time from now:

krellhimmler@herzeleid.net

You can also email me at that exact address if you wish further details, I will answer all people.

//for the record, anyone whom I asked why I got banned, I genuinely didn't know as to be honest I really didn't think anyone would get banned for such a thing.

orth

Re: The truth of the Lucius Kaiser/Krell Himmler Ban
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 02:49:44 am »
    Your persistence at annoying me personally with each interruption this has caused bends to the hope that maybe leaving this thread here closed will help both you and us move on.  Good luck, Leanthar's advice is sound.

Leanthar

Re: The truth of the Lucius Kaiser/Krell Himmler Ban
    « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 11:41:46 am »
    I am going to take about 60 minutes to answer this topic and give some reasonings and such behind my decision. After that I am done with it and moving on.

First and foremost, Krell I am sorry you are having these thoughts and I wish you the best, that is from the bottom of my heart. But you need to get some help and you need to get it fast, nobody at this community can give you that help via the community or the game, and that is a fact. Nor should anybody give you help while they are in the community or in the game. They can do whatever they desire in their personal lives but when within the community they need to abide by the rules of the community, and everybody knows what they are.

Now for a few reasons of why I did what I did.

1) I did contact your ISP and told them they need to contact local law enforcement and/or the head of the household at that IP address (if that is not you, I have no idea and I don't need to know). Why? Because, you need help. I would do that for anybody that has these thoughts. I have dealt with a friend and a family member that had these thoughts and in both cases they were able to find help, one of them via local law enforcement and the other via family members. It is the right thing to do, to try and help people through tough times but it can not be done via an online gaming community, nor should it be (see below).

2) Why the ban? Simple. As I stated in my email to you we can not allow you to talk about this in an online gaming community. Players are here to enjoy their time with each other and to play a game, get away from RL and just outright escape from the stress and hassle of life. They should not have to deal with suicidal thoughts and indeed should not even have to worry about facing that sort of thing in this community, they are here to have fun (gaming is supposed to be fun right?). On top of all of that it is a legal issue. If we provided tools and/or links for assitance we (or myself or the company for the most part) would be held liable for anything that may happen. If we allowed you to talk about this (and we knew it was happening) and something bad happened (we all pray nothing does) we could be held liable for not disclosing it to law enforcement (or somebody within a given area that can get to law enforcement). It has happened in online community, quite a few times (just do a search on google) and a few of them have been sued (and lost) becuase they allowed it to happen in their community and they were not "professionals". I refuse to allow members of the community and teams to be faced with this sort of thing (knowingly at least). I most certainly refuse to allow my family to be put in to such a bad situation and that is what could  happen (again, search google). So this was for a number of reasons, to try and help you, to try and protect the community, to try and protect the teams, and to protect my family, as well as to try and force you to get professional help; not help from the community. This was most certainly not directed at you and I am sad to see that you and others feel it was, disappointing (but not surprising).

3) Why I didn't make it public? Simple. Something like this should be a personal thing, at least in my mind it should be private. I do not like to make things public that should be kept private as I respect everybody in this community and will always try to protect their privacy. Now, once one has received help then perhaps it can be made public as perhaps it would help others in the same sort of situation. This is not a transparency sort of issue, this is me trying to protect you (Krell) from making something that should be private from becoming public. But it should not be made public in an online gaming community, there are better places for that sort of thing. You choosing to make it public is your choice but I didn't want to be the one that did it and that is why I posted like I did in the banned thread...I didn't need to (and couldn't) say any more on the subject otherwise I would have stepped over my ethical line in the sand, and I am not going to do that. People can say/think what they want and that is okay but we are all human beings and this is just one of those core beliefs that I have.

In closing. I worry about the players you have spoken to about this (or played with in game for that matter) as this has affected them as well and they should never have been faced with something like this in an online gaming environment. And now I worry even more about everybody that has read your spam threads as you have harmed even more in the community. They are the ones that were harmed by your actions and are the "forgotten" ones, sadly. For them to have had to have dealt with this means I failed at keeping them safe and that sucks on so very many levels. I am sorry a few in the community feel I am the big bad ogre here but I am not.  I of course am worried about you but there is nothing I can do to help and I (or we) shouldn't be expected to help. You need professional help not help from an online gaming community.

I wish you the best and I hope you can get help.

anything