The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Chests logs time and date  (Read 327 times)

Hellblazer

Chests logs time and date
« on: October 04, 2010, 08:38:43 pm »
I had to go through the logs today due to the money disappearing in a chest bug. and all the dates are IG dates. I was wondering if could be switched to RL dates. It would be easier for anyone I think to know at a glance when something happened in the chests without having to use the time converter.

The following users thanked this post: Ravemore

Dorganath

Re: Chests logs time and date
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:05:56 pm »
The logs use game dates/times for immersion purposes.  Showing real-life dates would kind of destroy that.

If/when there is a crisis, the RL dates are stored in the database logs and I can retrieve them, if needed.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:15:03 pm »
I just didn't really think it was an IC thing, since well that would mean any one that comes in, even those that are ICly stealing, leave their imprint on the chest. I was considering it as a OOC things. What would be the IG explanation for how even those with nefarious intent get logged?

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:30:28 am »
Quote from: Hellblazer
What would be the IG explanation for how even those with nefarious intent get logged?

Magic *smiles*

Or maybe something simple like a ledger tacked to each chest that is maintained meticulously by those using said chest.

The problem with putting real time on there, besides breaking immersion, is that we can't figure out time zones.  It's all going to be Pacific time US, and vary according to Daylight Savings time, etc.

Again, it's a simple thing if someone really and truly needs real time stamps.  Since this logging has been instituted, I think I've gone to the actual time stamps...three or four times tops.

Serissa

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:19:17 pm »
The Angels are careful never to have more than one stack of trues in a chest (50K) and have had no further losses.  Actually, I don't think we've had more than 31 K in a chest, and that for a very brief period of time.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:54:16 pm »
Yeah happens to be the only time I don't take out the other stacks and poofs it happens. Oh well only virtual money anyways.