The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Drops  (Read 361 times)

Pibemanden

Drops
« on: April 16, 2007, 11:06:49 pm »
Ever since the new drop system has been relased the droprate has seemed to increase to a silly level, right now I wouldn't consider it profitable to make iron weapons or armors since the the chance of getting it on some of the central creatures that takes the most abuse like giants and ogres are so high that you can get virtually every weapon in iron and almost every armor in a week or so if you get on trips once a day.
I think this should be change so it wont hurt the small time crafters too much since the only thing that is really getable right now and sellable is the higher armors and weapons.
I would like to see the number of these drops decrease a lot

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Drops
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:41:24 am »
I just keep waiting to find TRULY worthless weapons... Enhancement penalty, anyone?

Maybe swap those out for the bronze we keep finding, and cut the iron way down. I've run across no less than three iron rapiers, two bronze ones, two bronze and two iron kamas, an iron and a bronze scimitar, a bronze falchion, two iron heavy maces, a bronze dwarven waraxe, two iron warhammers, and an iron dagger... In one, nice, long adventuring session. (A full circuit of the major giant and ogre infestations on Dregar.)

Witch Hunter

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:07:56 am »
Yeah a while ago me and three others went on a nice adventure and ended up having to return and divide because we were getting overweighted... LOADS of potions/scrolls/iron items and various magical drops... it was absurd.

Kirbiana

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 11:14:19 am »
If the team is thinking of re-adjusting drops, I'd like to put in a small plea for the really low-level characters who don't go to Central.  It was nice back when the downstairs zombies and ghouls in the Vehl crypts gave us a bit more money (up to 21 gold pieces sometimes - woo-hoo!).  I think it would help encourage folks to be patient and NOT rush over to Central if new folks could make enough from our baby monsters to buy a few trinkets in the market hall.

:)

Just my two gp!

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 11:30:50 am »
The drops and frequency of drops are determined to a degree based on Creature CR.

What we need to know to properly address this is where you think the drops are too frequent.

You don't have to be specific, but I guess I mean is this mostly a Central thing? Do you see it on West?

As for gold, it's handled a bit separately, and the calculation for gold was changed for the new loot system.  It's still based on CR, and should be fairly comparable to how it was, though the new calculations have a greater chance for variance in how much gold is dropped.

Ravemore

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:47:01 am »
I just wanted to chime in that the problem is indeed bad on central, I had like 4 or 5 bronze weapons and a couple iron drop in the space of about 2 hours. Also, three seperate books.

Honora

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 12:16:27 pm »
I can't speak for West but having done some time on Central and just last night East (Yay thank you Ami, Quill and Krys!), I filled three bags with pawn shop items; mostly iron weapons and armor.

The drops across the board do seem a bit high.

Pibemanden

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 12:40:57 pm »
I would say it is across the board too, and I have also found that some high end drops can be found in places far too easy for their usefullness. If you want to know more about that please ask me to send a pm or poke me on irc.

MJZ

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 01:59:19 pm »
It isn't happening on West - at least, not as far as I've seen. I have noticed an increase on Central in my rather limited experience, but it wasn't so excessive for me as what some people have been saying here. I had just attributed it to a streak of luck and the difficulty of the critters who were dropping. Gold wasn't in excess at all, though.

Honora

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 02:16:34 pm »
*nods* True about gold drops.  They seem "normal" as in not great amounts, not every mob.

Nomsat

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 02:45:21 pm »
    Pardon my newness... when you say Central, East, and West ... are you talking actual servers? or just zones on one server?  I am still trying to figure out this site 8)

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 02:46:08 pm »
    Actual servers. West is the current one, you can portal to Central and East, but they all have a level req. you need to meet before being able to "legally" run around in there.

Chongo

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 03:02:06 pm »
    Drops on east are still pretty rare.  The nice ones at least.  Without naming names, the CR range that drops things like iouns, it's still pretty darn lucky when you get something off them.  If I kill a spawn of around 8 creatures in that CR range, I'll usually have 1 or 2 with gold on them.  Sometimes they'll have a 'junk' item.  And maybe once every three visits to an area filled with those, something like a shield of the old guard will drop.  

However, a lot of lower end weapons are getting spammed with increased frequency.  Tridents come to mind...

Pseudonym

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 07:16:21 pm »
    Quote from: Dorganath

You don't have to be specific, but I guess I mean is this mostly a Central thing? Do you see it on West?

I have noticed it more on central than west. West seemed about right but central was maybe a little generous the last couple of times I have been there.

Pibemanden

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 07:53:06 pm »
    I would say east might be a bit more generous that it used to be as far as I could understand from people I have spoken with. Might just be us who were extremly lucky on that one trip but we got 6 major drops on the way to mithril and emeralds and back again. I am not sure if it should be this way, but people said that it was unusual.

Dorganath

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 10:53:03 pm »
    Loot and gold drops have been reviewed and tweaked for the next update. Thanks all! :)

anything