The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Familier Control  (Read 410 times)

crazedgoblin

Familier Control
« on: October 06, 2006, 02:28:47 am »
is there anyway to get your familiers working in simerler ways to the OX, for example putting them in stealth mode and things?

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
Re: Familier Control
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 07:00:51 am »
Possess your familiar and use the radial menu.  If I'm not mistaken, they will remain in the mode (stealth, detect, etc.) you've selected until they enter combat or you repossess them and turn it off.

Stranzini

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 07:21:27 am »
never mind, try what he said

crazedgoblin

RE: Familier Control
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 09:48:02 am »
i guess i should of added this, i mean ranger familiers

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 09:55:36 am »
Oh you mean Animal Companions.
  They already act much like oxen...or rather oxen already act much like Animal Companions.
  One does not have detailed control over their abilities, but one can direct them to stay, attack and do all those other things that henchmen can do. They are not possessible, as you probably found out.
  I'm wondering though...how do you put your ox into stealth mode?  :o

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 12:25:18 pm »
With the "Go Stealthy" voice command.

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 01:41:43 pm »
Hehe never tried it  :D  will do. I'm betting that the same command should also tell your animal companion to go stealthy to.

Gulnyr

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 02:22:33 pm »
Do oxen sneak well?  I'm just curious, because, y'know, if an ox can do it, a PC really doesn't have any excuse...

crazedgoblin

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 02:29:51 pm »
right click them and go to more actions and activate stealth mode
  thanks for the help i shall try the voice commands

darkstorme

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 06:03:45 pm »
I don't know how well the voice commands will work - the ox is designed as a henchman, so the voice commands will work on it.  Animal companions, however, don't use the henchman scripts (as evidenced by the fact that you can summon one while in posession of an ox), so I don't know if they can be commanded at all.  Really, they're also the group with whom you'd have the least influence.  Henchmen (the ox notwithstanding) can comprehend what you say.  Familiars can as well, to a lesser extent.  But it's mostly empathy, once you get to animal companions.

Hellblazer

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 06:42:37 am »
Animals do use the voice command      I have been controling Arwin ( my ranger dire wolf) and Draco ( my wizard pseudo dragon) with voice commands such as, stay here for a while, folow me step by step.. and Now attack swiftly, for at least 2 months and they do just that they order to the letter the voice commands, the only one that doesnt seem to work it the stealth voice command.      Come in game I'll show you for the umbiliever  
  p.s. would somebody please tell me if the hit edit button can be fixed from making my post look like one huge pragraph, when there is a few in them?

Dorganath

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 06:49:02 am »
Hellblazer - 10/10/2006  8:42 AM  p.s. would somebody please tell me if the hit edit button can be fixed from making my post look like one huge pragraph, when there is a few in them?

Change your preferences to use "rich edit mode".

Hellblazer

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 06:56:04 am »
Thats what I have but I think its because im using the quick reply box down instead of clicking reply to compose my message. Any way to just have the reich editor shown instead of the quick reply box?

Dorganath

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 07:05:48 am »
Ah yeah, that will do it.
  I don't think there's a way to do that, at least not on a user-by-user basis. Use the "Reply" button instead.