The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Reclaiming Ruins/Dungeons/Forts  (Read 649 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Reclaiming Ruins/Dungeons/Forts
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:15:14 pm »
I was curious if it is possible, or if anyone has before, reclaimed an area infested with bandits/undead/monsters/etc and turned it into something before through CDQs/GCDQs?  I ask because of the Abandoned fort near Fort Llast that really just sits there, even though it has a small room inside with some bandits in it, and a few behind it.  It woould make an interesting place for a guild hall...

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Link092

Link092

Re: Reclaiming Ruins/Dungeons/Forts
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:02:20 pm »
or a thieves guild!

mixafix

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 04:58:37 am »
Stort? Druid's Grove, the attempt at healing the forest at Fort wayfare were Guild develop, WLDQ, and plot quests  - all covering those ideas - so yeah

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 01:50:48 pm »
Prantz, anyone? :P

Erik K

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 01:58:41 pm »
Hey, now retake Prantz, thats an idea for an epic fight.  I still remember the defence of it.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 02:16:37 pm »
I was thinking a bit smaller scale...  Prantz is one the Gianormous side...

Alatriel

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 02:25:39 pm »
There's one near Ft. Vehl too in the Dapplegreen Outskirts.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 02:28:53 pm »
Whoops!  Thats the one i mean!  I don't think there IS another fort near Fort Llast...  >.<

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:26:49 pm »
She beat me to it, but yep there is non in between llast and hlint. Well none that we can actually see.

Link092

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:42:26 pm »
So If I wanted to storm the bandit hideout on Rilara (Alindor?), I would have to do a WLDQ?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 12:46:17 pm »
Yeah, that one is a LITTLE more extensive then the one near fort Vehl.  AND it has some nice CNR inside...  So don't expect to own that ever, and get to keep it (the CNR)

Link092

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 12:49:25 pm »
I must be blind... I didn't see any CNR in there.... oops... :D

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 12:51:08 pm »
Well unless I am thinking of the wrong one, but the one not far from Mariner's hold, at Fall's Forest Crossroads (where there's a fire).  It's in the back and has some hardcore Bandits inside...

Hellblazer

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 12:56:54 pm »
Quote from: Link092
So If I wanted to storm the bandit hideout on Rilara (Alindor?), I would have to do a WLDQ?

to storm no, you can go fight there as much as you can, but what shif is talking about is actually changing ''ownership'' of an area. Like instead of being bandids in that hide out, to be contrymens or something different that would'nt be hostiles to the local populace.

Link092

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 12:57:54 pm »
ya, that's the one. but sion only encountered the  hardcore bandits on the outside... inside there where a bunch of easy thugs... bunch does not properly describe it... Horde works better. :) but anyways, just a thought... maybe there are other areas... I need to do some exploration later.

Link092

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 12:59:21 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
to storm no, you can go fight there as much as you can, but what shif is talking about is actually changing ''ownership'' of an area. Like instead of being bandids in that hide out, to be contrymens or something different that would'nt be hostiles to the local populace.

well, by storm, I meant take over for one's own use... and I think the Bandits are pretty hostile to the local populace...

Hellblazer

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 01:04:33 pm »
Ah :D, yep the bandids are pretty hostile, but I haven't seen a hostile that was that pretty, there yet :D

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 01:07:46 pm »
I'll let those with power take over from here, but I'm talking about small interior with naught inside but some bunk beds, yer talking about an underground complex of caves and fortifications that include minable CNR...  BIG Difference and would require a lot more work, and I don't think the Team is going to let someone control an area where there is valuable and otherwise hard to get CNR.  Besides, that area likely has a lot more LORE behind it then the little fort I'm talking about, seeing as (if i'm not mistaken) some Quests have been involved with it.  But anyway...  The general Idea seems some sort of CDQ/GCDQ is needed, and likely more then one.  Stort is a successful port town created by the efforts of the Raven's Guild (Storold, Angela Swann, Alantha, Fenrir, etc.) so it's possible.  I don't know if the Raven's have anything advantageous in Stort, like interiors, or any sort of revenue or the like, but they built that city out of a Swamp...

There are some others that you haven't seen yet (one is an awesome Druid Grove that was the result of a WLDQ in the middle of a fetid Swamp of Death) so it's doable...  But CNR being included?  I doubt it, unless you want to try skinning the animals in that Grove...  (Hint:  REALLY BAD IDEA! AKA Do you WANT all hell to follow you around forever?)

Link092

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 01:15:16 pm »
No, I understand what you are saying... I just didn't know about CNR there, or it's history, so my bad. :)

and I can understand the difference between the small watchtower your talking about and the larger one I'm mentioning... was just curious. :p

I do like the idea for the small tower though... any idea how many toher areas are like that?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 01:18:26 pm »
There is the Gnoll Watch Tower (you can find where that is) and there was the Tower in Port Hempstead which is now a School for Magic (or it will be one of these days).  And there is the Dark Tower near Krandor, but it and the Gnoll Watch Tower are Points of Interest, and I don't think the Team is going to change that.  You could feasible run ask for a CDQ to find out whats inside them and go from there, but as far as I know, they are staying as is.

anything