The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: theft  (Read 516 times)

Amadan's Fool

theft
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:13:06 pm »
Hi,

Puck has taken some scrolls from the Tower Academy. I burned some before being told that these were not there just for the taking. On IC advice I have PMed Elohanna's player IC and let her know what's happened offering to make amends and added an OOC apology to same effect.

I have returned everything taken (although possibly to wrong shelves.....) other than what I used :(

Sorry- didn't know that this was theft etc as open containers that didn't say don't take.... I've never played on a server where so much of the world is player owned etc and hadn't realised the established norms. Won't happen again.

I'll not be such an idiot in future.

Amadan

Pseudonym

Re: theft
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 08:07:30 pm »
Hey AF

I can't imagine anyone is gonna burn you at the stake for a genuine mistake that you are now endeavouring to fix.

We all make mistakes!

PS. Except me, of course.

Filatus

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 08:20:44 pm »
Quote from: Pseudonym
We all make mistakes!

PS. Except me, of course.

*coughglobalfactionchangecough* ;)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:42:22 pm »
Props for coming forward on it and putting forth the effort to fix it. <3

Chances are, if you could use them, they're not that much of a loss. ;) Puck should ask his benefactors for the means to right the wrong.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:07:55 pm »
Puck might ask his halfling friend Lindara who has a bag of scrolls to help.

Anyhow, I don't think anyone will hold anything against you, as everyone makes mistakes, especially if you don't know the the rules.

Especially stepping up makes huge amends!

I enjoyed meeting your character the other day and look forward to more.

Merlin34

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:49:35 am »
Quote from: Amadan's Fool
Hi,

Puck has taken some scrolls from the Tower Academy. I burned some before being told that these were not there just for the taking. On IC advice I have PMed Elohanna's player IC and let her know what's happened offering to make amends and added an OOC apology to same effect.

I have returned everything taken (although possibly to wrong shelves.....) other than what I used :(

Sorry- didn't know that this was theft etc as open containers that didn't say don't take.... I've never played on a server where so much of the world is player owned etc and hadn't realised the established norms. Won't happen again.

I'll not be such an idiot in future.

Amadan

It takes a lot for coming up front and acknowledging what you've done. Knowing Elohanna, I'm sure she will forgive you. :)

Zoogmunch

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 01:06:33 pm »
Hi Puck, you met my angry orc the other day messing with Zahid.

If you look at chests rather than opening the player ones have a list ( usually) of contents and who has put stuff in. I had the same problem initially but i think you can assume if a player has put stuff they'll expect to find it when they get back.

The guides and the forums are a wealth of do's and don'ts i've found so just browse or ask anyone in game via a tell.

A don't would be.....................don't let Rhaakt walk with you into anywhere dark if you're alone..  he he

Amadan's Fool

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 05:17:34 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
It takes a lot for coming up front and acknowledging what you've done

....em not when the chests all have an accurate record of who took what and when! I think it was a fair cop and had no choice :)

I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky chests! ;)

Thanks though for the comments and tips. I'm enjoying it all thus far.

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 06:07:32 pm »
Quote from: Amadan's Fool
....em not when the chests all have an accurate record of who took what and when! I think it was a fair cop and had no choice :)

I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky chests! ;)

Thanks though for the comments and tips. I'm enjoying it all thus far.

Trust me, even after that has been implemented (it's relatively new to this server) people still have done what you did and mistake or not, have not come forth to make amends. But you should know that even before it was available for PC to view IG, Gms had ways to know who took what from where ;)

Chazzler

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 02:12:05 pm »
Beware the GM's!

*makes ghostly sounds and waves his arms about slowly, like at a campfire when telling a story about a insane criminal with all limbs replaced by hooks and and... yeah you get the picture*

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 06:20:58 pm »
Quote from: Chazzler
Beware the GM's!

*makes ghostly sounds and waves his arms about slowly, like at a campfire when telling a story about a insane criminal with all limbs replaced by hooks and and... yeah you get the picture*

They're made of wood!

Chazzler

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 07:08:22 am »
Nah, the GMs I believe are not Pinocchios :D

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 11:26:48 am »
Quote from: Chazzler
Nah, the GMs I believe are not Pinocchios :D

I know you're from Finland, so you get a pass on not recognizing the Freakazoid! reference.

YouTube - The Scariest Thing in the World

(I promise, I'm done hijacking. <3)