The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time starts in North America tomorrow night  (Read 299 times)

orth

Daylight Savings Time starts in North America tomorrow night
« on: March 06, 2009, 08:04:27 pm »
Yeah so as usual things get complicated with scheduling when North Americans (with some exceptions) start observing Daylight Savings late tomorrow night and we spring forward.

Remember, the clocks in the top right of our web sites are based upon your computer's time being correct.

If you're confused about the start time of a quest, pop on to IRC to confirm or send a PM to the GM.

The following users thanked this post: Leanthar, lonnarin, Serissa, Hellblazer, Lynn1020, tlo2009

tlo2009

• View Profile
    Re: Daylight Savings Time starts in North America tomorrow night
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »
    Thanks for the reminder, it feels like it's crept up on me this year.

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 02:14:09 am »
    grrr.... I hate DLS...

Link092

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:04:28 am »
    DLS.... it messes with coffee time. *grumbles*

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 01:53:51 pm »
    I notice that the timestamps for the latest posts are 45 minutes in the future, viz, there were probably stamped 15 minutes ago and have been timezone adjusted an hour forward. However, my timezone has not had any adjustment (not due to come off of daylight savings until April).

However, the clock times in the top right hand corner are correct (well GMT and AEDT are; not sure about the other two).

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

orth

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 09:08:51 pm »
    Thanks it had appeared that the utility to keep our clock in sync on the server had been malfunctioning.

It was actually just over 15 minutes slow, but I'm not sure how you see 45 minutes in the future, this could have something to do with the forum software's knowledge of the daylight savings time being out of date since things were changed recently

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 10:51:16 pm »
    What's this "Daylight" thing?  Is that from the world outside the computer room?