The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: SNOW DAY!  (Read 700 times)

Lalaith Va'lash

SNOW DAY!
« on: October 13, 2006, 05:09:55 am »
Yep, you read it right.
  Friday, October 13th andclassis cancelled here because of the [SIZE=13]snow[/SIZE]. In fact pretty much everything is cancelled here since none of the roads are plowed and only emergency vehicles are allowed to drive on the roads. Tree branches are down and causeing some power outagesaround the city - I'm one of the lucky ones who still has cable and electric (for now).
  Anyway, might see The Veil around Layonara today because of it *grins*
  LV

Leanthar

Re: SNOW DAY!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 05:15:50 am »
I love the snow! :) Enjoy your time off.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 05:27:26 am »
How Lucky! Snow Days are awesome Says the December Baby!

Goldwin Blacknight

RE: SNOW DAY!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 06:00:38 am »
It seems Mistone isn't the only place getting colder these days! Have fun...

Grid Blader

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:02:00 am »
Snow, wish we had snow.....

minerva

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 06:08:01 am »
Global warming....pshaw.....   ;)

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 06:35:01 am »
What? yoru south of quebec (cananda) and we dont ahve snow?? thats just wrong  :D

IDii

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 06:59:26 am »
Snow?

We haven't had any snow here yet... Yeah, something's terribly wrong. Other than Friday 13th that is.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 07:02:39 am »
Hellblazer - 10/13/2006 9:35 AM What? yoru south of quebec (cananda) and we dont ahve snow?? thats just wrong :D  
 lake effect! good old Buffalo.

Gulnyr

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 07:22:31 am »
Am I the only one who hates snow?

Georgia, right?  Technically, we do get snow here occasionally, but it's not really snow-snow.  You can still see the grass.  One time, though - I think it was in '93 - it actually snowed.  I refer to that event as "when it snowed," in fact.  The power was out for seven days.  No showers, no hot food, too cold to even read.  I built a burrow on my bed from a sleeping bag and five heavy blankets, and hunkered down deep to wait it out.  It was the epitome of unfun.

I think maybe I'm just mad because I never got to build a snow fort.  I mean, yeah, I guess I could have built a snow fort when it snowed, but where was I going to warm up afterward?

*shakes a fist at the snow*

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 07:26:42 am »
I LOVE SNOW.  I live in the wrong city for snow.We get it but usally its Ice.
One day I might move to boulder Co. just to have all the snow.

Eorendil

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 07:31:52 am »
I love snow.. wish we'd get more of it.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 07:51:31 am »
Gulnyr - 10/13/2006  10:22 AM

Am I the only one who hates snow?

Georgia, right?  Technically, we do get snow here occasionally, but it's not really snow-snow.  You can still see the grass.  One time, though - I think it was in '93 - it actually snowed.  I refer to that event as "when it snowed," in fact.  The power was out for seven days.  No showers, no hot food, too cold to even read.  I built a burrow on my bed from a sleeping bag and five heavy blankets, and hunkered down deep to wait it out.  It was the epitome of unfun.

I think maybe I'm just mad because I never got to build a snow fort.  I mean, yeah, I guess I could have built a snow fort when it snowed, but where was I going to warm up afterward?

*shakes a fist at the snow*

Hey, I remember that. The blizzard, when we got about a foot and a half of snow? Good stuff.

Of course, the one I remember better was the widely-publicized Winter Storm 2000, when I got trapped at the bottom of my incredibly steep, ice-covered driveway with two trees fallen across it. For nine days. @.@

Snow stinks.

crazedgoblin

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 07:53:37 am »
i wish it would snow here.....

Wraithdur

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 08:16:47 am »
i used to love snow, but it has lost it's magic since i whent on an exchange to passau in germany.
it snowed all the time, ALL the time.
i don't hate snow, it's just that now i prefer rain.... rain is good.... i love rain.... cool without frost.
sorry, this thread is not about rain..... i'll be going now.

CHAzz

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 09:18:58 am »
    yeah, Buffalo is evil when it comes to snow... Although you'd think that in the umpteen years of the city's exitsence they'd have figured out that they should raise the snow removal budget a bit.  Personally snow is fine, I'm just not much for cold; used to live in Plattsburgh, NY.  Now if they could devise a system of producing warm snow....without the added radiation "tan" I'd be all for it.

Gulnyr

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 09:30:36 am »
    Ah, you may like this.  It's a satellite image of lake effect snow around the Great Lakes.  I rotate it in as a wallpaper now and then.  I guess it's not so much that I hate snow, but that I hate snow that affects me.  This is really a nice picture.  Make sure to click on it to get the full-sized view.

Yllyrryon

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 09:51:48 am »
    I have some good memories of snow days - fun stuff.

Anyways, have fun, Lalaith!  :)

LynnJuniper

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 10:00:49 am »
    I remember the Blizzard of 96. I was about eight years old, really short and there was enough snow on the streets to look over the roofs of really big trucks. Three feet! Whoo I want another snow storm like that! I love snow!

lonnarin

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 10:05:01 am »
    LUCKY!  I'm down here in Florida yelling at my roommates for racking up a 260 dollar electric bill for the air conditioning.  It's still in the mid 80s down here, and mowing with lawn feels like being in an oven.  Please fan some of those cold winds southwards ASAP!