The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Points of Interest  (Read 367 times)

Talan Va'lash

Points of Interest
« on: October 08, 2006, 03:09:53 pm »
I hadn't seen this system in action until just a few days ago and I must say, Neat!

Its a good motivator to get out and explore around and can be used as a good IC (or semi-ic I suppose, or at least reinforces the rp of exploration.)

The only thing that left me with a question was the wording of the journal entry. I'm not quite sure what this "Explorer badge" is... is there a related NPC that gives a quest related to finding all the markers on a given continent or something?

Regardless, I think they're fun, and going around to various places touching flags or collecting shiny objects is a tried and true recipe for a fun game hehehe

Dorganath

RE: Points of Interest
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 03:18:13 pm »
There is not yet a tangible or intangible reward for finding all points in a particular "badge" but that is probably coming later. That's Leanthar's creation, so I just don't think he's figured out what he wants to do with it yet.

NEXUS7

Re: Points of Interest
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 04:33:04 pm »
This is realy good, its fill in whats been missing some thing to pull players out if Hlint early one and keep them looking around
grate garte idear loveit

LordCove

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:46:19 am »
Ha ha.....Im on a misson to have the Explorers of Mistone be the first to find all the Explorer sites. But is the Spelunker sites the same as the Explorers? Isnt spelunking like.....cave diving or something?

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 07:58:23 am »
Yep. So you got to look around in caves to find them. I think. Maybe. Possibly. Just-a-players-understanding-don't-hurt-me-if-im-wrong-thought.

Niles09

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 10:48:23 am »
erh..... what are you people talking about?!

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 02:33:40 pm »
@LordCove - spelunking is exploring caves

@LordCove & J-ser - I am not sure if there are points of interest in caves, though the name of the system seems to imply that we intend for there to be some in caves at some point, but I am not sure if there are yet or not. So, we can go look for em I guess :)

@Niles09 - http://nwn.layonara.com/GameSystems .. er, acctually it isn't on that list yet, sorry.. it will be added. Anyway, explore around and look for flags and then click on them :)

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 02:50:04 pm »
There are spelunker points of interest.

Guardian 452

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 12:40:52 pm »
These are really cool!

Any change we can get our Journals to keep track of the ones we have seen?

LordCove

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 12:46:27 pm »
Actually.....it does seem to now....although like Talan said, it doesnt state which ones youve found, although I surmise that would be quite a list for the journal.

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 01:50:30 pm »
Oh that's apparently a bug. Will someone post the journal issue under Bug Reports please?

lonnarin

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 12:12:50 am »
ok, so you can't give us locations on the forums... can you at least give NUMBER of locations?

Weeblie

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 12:20:57 am »
lonnarin - 10/11/2006  9:12 AM

ok, so you can't give us locations on the forums... can you at least give NUMBER of locations?

I have a feeling that that's a factor that will change over time. :)

Dorganath

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 05:27:53 am »
lonnarin - 10/11/2006  2:12 AM  ok, so you can't give us locations on the forums... can you at least give NUMBER of locations?
 Each explorer "badge" is currently 5 points.
  Not all spelunker points have been added, so I really can't say.
  There will be a couple other badges added at some point.
  The number of points in any given series is somewhat dynamic, so it may not always be 5 per badge. In either case, the system tells you when you've found all points in a series.

Leanthar

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 07:00:45 am »
Actually all of the spelunker points have been put in to place. There are four on each of the west, central, east servers (so a total of 12). Later on I hope/plan to make a Deep Walker Badge (underdark) and a Plane Walker badge (planes), but they are not in place yet.

Ar7

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 09:09:02 am »
Do the 4 on east include Voltrex?

D Blaze

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 09:14:04 am »
*chuckles* I was wondering the same thing, I would think 1 at least would be on that Island, making the Eastern Badge one of the hardest sets to finish...requiring Quest participation at the right times to gain access....it wouldn't be impossible, but very difficult.

Edit: Unless it could be the.....nevermind, I won't give hints.

Leanthar

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 09:17:20 am »
Yes, that is correct they are partly on Voltrex. Coming up though it is likely that Voltrex will be opened up to the player base...part of the reason I stated things the way I did "opening up" in my V3 post.

Ar7

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 09:39:28 am »
Thank you for the answer  :)

deagle

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 04:40:00 pm »
Sounds like an expedition for the svirfneblins and Berylites.....woo hooo!!!

anything