The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Babies being wakked around when using an emote  (Read 352 times)

Hellblazer

Babies being wakked around when using an emote
« on: August 25, 2006, 12:31:08 pm »
Would it be possible to make the babies go into the off hand even if the right hand isnt use.  When ever you wave or use and other emotes of the kind the baby gets abused.  You would'nt want the child care protection agency of that time pulling you in prison for child abuse would you?

merlin34baseball

RE: Babies beign wakked around when using an emote
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 04:02:57 pm »
Seconded!

Jilseponie Wyndon

RE: Babies beign wakked around when using an emote
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 07:43:57 pm »
Jil turned off her emotes after that happened a couple times and watched what she did.  It was kind of embarrassing at times . .. .

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Babies beign wakked around when using an emote
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:28:21 pm »
Actually, unless you hold something in your right hand, no. I believe you'd have to modify a violin, as well - chimes can't be held in the off-hand for Medium creatures.

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 11:18:11 pm »
Ok heres an other way to see that, Would it be possible to make the babies a two handed object but would apear in off hand?

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 11:34:34 pm »
No.

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 11:39:44 pm »
hum... In that case any way at all to fix that without have to eitehr disable the emotes or not use the full potention of RP playing while holdig a baby, like maybe transfer the waving to the other arm when you have something equiped to the on hand hand?

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 11:40:43 pm »
Changing the emotes would be tough... Remember all the hubbub about getting the new ones added in?

I'd say disable them.

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 11:48:39 pm »
Sad.. sad day when you cant wave at friends scared of tromatizing your babies from shaking them once to many.

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 11:50:17 pm »
Oh I do have an idea though.  Make babies usable only with a make shift bottle of milk.  The bottle would be in teh on hand and the babies in the off hand.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Babies being wakked around when using an emote
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 12:26:32 am »
You can't force that, to my knowledge, at least not without some VERY complicated scripting.

osxmallard

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 02:54:12 am »
You should be able to buy a hickory violin and modify it's appearance to the baby visual on the customization craft forge.  That would make it only equippable in off-hand (as someone started previously).  If you want to hold 2 babies, make one a violin bow.  ;)

Ne'er

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 03:47:09 am »
I don't believe the violin can be modified into a baby, as there are certain appearances that are available in place of the violin, just as there are some in place of the baby. Also, I'm not sure if the violin can be edited, as I believe it uses the torch as its base item, and that can't be modified either.

Basically, if you wanna hold the baby -and- use the emotes, then turn off your emotes and use your imagination. Just say waht you are doing with your off-hand and keep the baby in the main hand.

Filatus

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 04:12:13 am »
**waves* instead of *waves* will do the trick, it's that simple.

Hellblazer

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 06:31:06 am »
Aye one last idea before any of you torch me to death.  What if you actualy took the coding of the shield that pertains it to be usable only in the off hand and applied it to the babies? No idea if it has been tried before and also I am no wiz of coding.

darkstorme

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 08:41:03 am »
It's not coding, it's model flags.  So, again, they'd have to remodel the baby - it's not a coding thing.

osxmallard

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 12:11:37 pm »
Ne'er - 8/26/2006  12:47 AM

I don't believe the violin can be modified into a baby, as there are certain appearances that are available in place of the violin, just as there are some in place of the baby. Also, I'm not sure if the violin can be edited, as I believe it uses the torch as its base item, and that can't be modified either.

Great point Ne'er.  Forgot the base item of the violin was not a fashion accessory.

Hellblazer

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 01:48:29 pm »
darkstorme - 8/26/2006  11:41 AM  It's not coding, it's model flags.  So, again, they'd have to remodel the baby - it's not a coding thing.

Oh well. Thanks for your time though

anything