The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kudos for great roleplay  (Read 38630 times)

lonnarin

Re: Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #300 on: May 27, 2008, 05:08:50 pm »
much belated shout out to the following

Serissa- I've loved her RP since way back in the days of Ayla Bineau.  Ferrit and Sala are two of the most helpful people in the community, and she's an allround awesome person.

Scifibarbie- In any shape or form she's always in top RP condition, whether it be as a bristly dwarven lass or the key salesgirl in her guild.  Many good years of fun!

Stolen/Rorscharch- Ever since he came on as Berak I knew this guy would be a keeper.  Now with his goblin bard Warsinger, the wolfpack truly has a skald of doom worthy of telling the tales of their exploits.

Muhkiller/Frerin- Looking forward to sponsoring this one into defenderhood.  All the time spent with him so far has been a blast.

C.Pooser/Skabot/Nonac- the best partner in crime I could hope for.  Sure it helps that I got to train him via PnP every week, and now he hosts our D&D campaign while I run shadowrun.  Known this guy for over 5 years, the dice are in his blood.

Lance Stargazer- one of the most notable paladins I met to stay firmly within his code and not play the "well you're evil so I get to kill you and take your stuff" game.  This guy truly stays in character and is good aligned to all that he meets, even if they are an undesireable race.  One of the best played paladins I ever met.

Volga- big, dumb loveable Volga, ever storming the goblins with us and feasting on their flesh.  The quintissential giantkin who's a blast to party with.

Storold- this guy you could spend the whole afternoon sitting there for four hours talking to and not feel the tingle of xp-craving.  One of the RP greats, and definitely a big help to those starting out.

Also to Timulty Keel for tking over half an hour discussing the rebuilding effort with Bjorn.  awesome conversation

and Flynn de Ballard/Jadewillow for always being a blast when we go party!

LightlyFrosted

« Reply #301 on: May 29, 2008, 07:33:36 pm »
Just a quick shout out to Hedessa, for a truly relaxing bit of RP reminding Tim to stop, smell the roses, and maybe enjoy a good glass - or bottle - of wine.  Kudos!

SharpieF4i

« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2008, 09:58:13 am »
I just wanted to say Kudos to Galathea and Sil for a great RP experience with Scias at Hlint and the goblin caves .  Absolutely top notch.

darkstorme

« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2008, 08:13:20 pm »
I'd like to give a tip of the hat to Lonnarin and his character Kahzrag Gloom for:
  • Spouting pro-Rael (Raelist?) propaganda at every opportunity
  • Suggesting (in deadly earnest) that regicide would be a good way to hasten the bureaucratic process
  • Doing his level best to tempt and corrupt the good
  • Playing the part of a loyal follower of the Brooding One.

Keep up the Evil work! ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2008, 11:19:04 pm »
Just wanted to thank Aerimor and Alatriel for the fun RP tonight...  I needed it :)

lonnarin

« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2008, 04:09:57 am »
To Chaynce Baldumur, Filuviel, Trouble Tempest, Natalie Poetr, Ophelia Swift, Pellena and Kell Ereptor for roleplaying proper disgust to Brother Gloom's "work".  From duels, to trepidation, moral debate, to avoidance and outright losing their lunch, its been a blast.  Zen taxidermy is something good-aligned folk just dont abide by, nor is it for the easily squeamish.  Especially good has been the political debate and lasting hatred for all those serving Rael, especially Chaynce on that note.

And to Aesther Stargazer for being an awesome scheming inquisitor.  Just let Gloom know if somebody needs help confessing their crimes, and I'll bring the bamboo shoots, hot coals and thumbscrews! ;)

Alatriel

« Reply #306 on: June 04, 2008, 01:13:30 am »
Just wanted to say thanks to Osx for making what could've been a very slow and boring night into something interesting, even if my character got insulted out of it.  I had a blast.  It's not every day that a session of "well, we'll sit in town and rp a bit and see what happens" actually turns into anything.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2008, 10:14:41 am »
I'd like to point out and thank the players of Honora, Cole Pandorn, Amireana Mandrine, and of course Danael Poetr for the wonderfully done wedding ceremony of Treana and Danael last night.  There was drama, humor, and good RP all around to create a memorable session.   I hope everyone involved enjoyed it as much as I did.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #308 on: June 07, 2008, 12:00:02 pm »
Might as well add kudos for the whole group Emwonk ended up with on Central last night.  Even though no one could figure out what he was asking for, it seemed everyone was contributing ot the RP and having fun guessing.  I'd stayed longer, but I'd promised to watch Doctor Who with my daughter so I had to leave for that.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #309 on: June 09, 2008, 09:59:01 pm »
I just wanted to thank Nehetsrev, Anamnesis, and Caerwyn for the Great RP last night over Shiff's broken Leg.  Never have I had a random bit of RP (the limp was originally just a "what the heck" idea) turn into such a fun bit of RP.  Thanks guys.

Kudos also to Lalaith for Rpin' with me about the Lumbral, the Norseman, and...  all the other stuff :)  Always nice to get to talk to you World Leaders...  ;)  And NO!  It's not just because of...  Stuff...  *looks shifty*

LordCove

« Reply #310 on: June 10, 2008, 09:51:19 am »
This just had to go in.

Dezza and Pseud.. with their two guards of Rofirien. Talk about a pair!
Was laughing all the way through that... even had tears at one point.

The whole trip around with Kizia and Gladyus and Fortun and the two Ronnies ;).... was just a scream.. even when Gladyus KD'd Trouble... and they stood around watching him slowly die.

Lots of fun ;)

kizia

• View Profile
    « Reply #311 on: June 10, 2008, 01:15:35 pm »
    I agree with Lord Cove it was a very funny trip i woke hubby up laughing that much ... (which aint good cause hes working nights)

But it sounds like i missed a good laugh after i left also never mind maybe we could all do it again

Lynn1020

« Reply #312 on: June 10, 2008, 01:33:09 pm »
    Its been awhile since I have posted here...  Last night was great rping with Abiorn, Drexia, Wren, Syton and Ami.  I think we rp'ed none stop for at least a couple of hours with out leaving one spot.  I had as much fun doing that as I would have making a run into Firesteep or the deep even.  

But who knew that one girl could cause so much trouble to a group of friends.  But is guess causing trouble is what girls do best some times.   Oh where could that Ellis be???  :\

lonnarin

« Reply #313 on: June 11, 2008, 12:24:27 am »
    Brandy/Bluesquirrel.  A new member to the community who I noticed right away has incredible RP skills!  Had a blast with she and Skullcracker last night.  An EXCELLENT job at playing one of the Prunillite weefolk!

And to Skullcracker for being the consumate drunken dwarfrage that he is.

Pseudonym

« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2008, 03:12:12 am »
    Quote from: LordCove
    This just had to go in.

Dezza and Pseud.. with their two guards of Rofirien. Talk about a pair!
    Was laughing all the way through that... even had tears at one point...

Right back at ya.

What a pleasure rediscovering old areas with new characters at the side of Mr Trouble Tempest (LordCove) and Maxamilas Pretorius (Dezza).

I think my favourite bit from the other night .. when the two Rofis were deciding whether to accept spells from Trouble (deity relations and all that) and T asked, "So, can I cast on you or not?" to which Graccus replied, "You may but such touching better remain platonic or there will be harsh words spoken."

lonnarin

« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2008, 04:21:39 am »
    A long overdue kudos to Jennera Creekskipper.  I love how she's so meek and shy, whispering softly, and yet she storms in and rips the arms off things 20 times her size.  It shows the humility of her training, and peaceful nature.  Very well RPed and vital character I've grown to love!

Carillon

« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2008, 06:58:52 am »
    A quick kudos for what I've begun to think of as the "Hempstead Fountain Group" lately. Over the last week or two I've seen these characters hanging out by the fountain and have found myself drawn into some great RP with them--a LOT of great RP.

Whether it's been discussing plot information or just mercilessly teasing Storold, it's been a lot of fun, so thank you to the whole group which includes (but isn't limited to!): Storold, Alantha, Angela, Lin'da, Jacchri ... err ... Sallaron and ... oh there are others! I know there are.

If I've forgotten you, I'm sorry. It isn't that you weren't good, really. It's just that I have a terrible memory, and am probably going senile. Kudos to all of you, and thank you.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2008, 08:26:08 am »
    ...To Bjornigar, Balthazar, Muhk', and Cassius.  Last night's trip to go squash the 'Children of Ca'duez' was fun.

Edit:  Almost forgot Skabot, who's Al'noth helped things go more smoothly.

Alatriel

« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2008, 01:31:43 am »
    Wanted to say thanks to both Emwonk and Aesthir for giving my character a headache tonight.  I got a great many laughs out of it here in the real world.

ycleption

« Reply #319 on: June 17, 2008, 09:56:58 pm »
    Quote from: Lynn1020
    Its been awhile since I have posted here...  Last night was great rping with Abiorn, Drexia, Wren, Syton and Ami.  I think we rp'ed none stop for at least a couple of hours with out leaving one spot.

Belated echoing and throwing this one back to Lynn for RPing Emie that night... fun stuff all around.

Secondly, to PnP, had a really nice exchange with Double, I have a lot of respect for anyone who describes the exact movements and gestures that their character is making, rather than resorting to interpreting themselves, such as "makes a flowy gesture indicating water," or "points to indicate that she wants them to come with her," which I've seen most non-common speaking characters do to various extents. Well done :-)