The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I miss the old Broken Forest..  (Read 504 times)

Frelinder

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
I miss the old Broken Forest..
« on: August 01, 2006, 09:29:24 am »
I think it was a cool place with kreepy undeads walking around.. Its not many places on Mistone were you can hunt the undead and I just wanted to say i miss it.. :(

*Grumbles something about stupid assasin vines*

Diamondedge

Re: I miss the old Broken Forest..
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 09:34:48 am »
The only thing I miss is the ease with which one could travel from Hlint to Port Hampshire. The undead were too often farmed for XP, but now I think things have gone the other way; you have to sneak along the treeline if you want to get to Fort Hope without dying. And I like Fort Hope. :(

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:37:57 am »
The problem with the Broken Bank as I have heard it refered to is just that.
Way too easy to kill the undead and get lots of Gold.
Just think what people would horde from there now if it was still in with the new drops.
I think It was a good move by the DM team.

Guardian 452

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 10:41:04 am »
you should have seen the old old broken forest it had like 10 maps or more.  :)

jrizz

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 10:53:33 am »
oooh bring back the old old broken forest :)

Guardian 452

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 11:05:00 am »
It was cleansed by Lil Ranger (Triba) and friends. sorry

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:36:33 pm »
Those assassain vines don't seem clean to me.  Downright dirty fighting, farming adventurers at the transition points.  Willy saw Celgar and his Mithral Golem get stomped there...

LynnJuniper

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 12:52:03 pm »
Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of clense the broken forest quest? Peices of Seven or something? I missed that quest it was cool

Leanthar

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 12:53:11 pm »
Yeah there was...Milo is very busy right now it seems. I may have to cancel that series and give it to somebody else as it has been a long time.

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 12:56:43 pm »
Until that time, Bards are likely to have some legend or rumor of the forest in all its incarnations. It’s a story worth an hour or two.

jrizz

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 01:20:50 pm »
yes it is I have heard it told by Ozy.

//By the way if the creatures in the Broken now are so deadly why do they have such low ratings?

EdTheKet

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 01:26:19 pm »
why do they have such low ratings?
Never trust the ratings!

Deacon

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »
Surely never trust them.  Broken Forest is sure death now..might start calling it Broken Forest of DOOM!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 03:35:15 pm »
Or just the Dead Forest. Those vines... Save DC that's up there against DEATH. Never trust the CR, because abilities make everything different.

But yeah, I miss the old Broken, too, though honestly I had to sneak around the very same edge back when there were only zombies.

Nyralotep

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 03:53:38 pm »
Seconded to liking the old old broken forest! (Beta 4)

Asmodean

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 05:30:32 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, there was a CDQ that was going to address (as in attempt to cleanse... I think?)  the old Broken Forest.  However the GM had to step down and the CDQ just died off after one session.  The pieces of seven just sparked something though, that perhaps the CDQ was going to go along those original lines of the Milo series?  I am really reaching here, for that one session was nearly 6 months ago at least.  I know the person who was the focus of that CDQ wouldn't mind picking it back up, however I have no idea how it would progress now that the BF is changed to its current form.

Acacea

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 05:42:03 pm »
Heh! The last Broken Forest WAS the cleansed version, and it was as it was for a reason...I'm curious as to how a CDQ would have addressed a 'cleansing' of it when it wasn't just like that for giggles... maybe plot giggles, but yeah. I didn't see how it was before Tribs and company cleansed it, but I bet its a personal thorn in her side that Selian had to blow it up...and that it can all be waved better with some magic seeds ;) "Augh, why didn't we do that the FIRST time, then?"

:P

Diamondedge

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 02:47:15 pm »
Give Turor a sturdy axe and about a month, and we'll have the 'Broken Plains' to worry about... ^.^

crazedgoblin

RE: I miss the old Broken Forest..
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 03:15:55 pm »
the chickens of fort hope saved me from the creatures of the old broken forest I have the upmost faith that they can pull us through these hard times..

Eight-Bit

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 03:38:35 pm »
I actually don't miss the Old, Old Broken Forest. It was too big, too annoying, and filled with twiggy spawns. The new, new Broken forest is cooler, because it's all... broken like, and filled with Nature gone psycho.

anything