The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: OH MY GOD I'M SORRY!  (Read 154 times)

LynnJuniper

OH MY GOD I'M SORRY!
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:19:32 pm »
I just killed the town Crier! I thought Magic Didn't work in Hlint! I just preformed a phantasmal Killer on a PC As a "Ghost that would scare him" Because I KNOW magic doesn't kill...

Why did he die!? I didn't know..

please...I am so sorry!

I figured I should tell someone, because I didn't just wanna do it and Run so to speak...I really didn't mean it it was a mistake Oh my god....

*running around in confused circles*

Why did the magic kill him!? Reggie shoots fireballs around Hlint all the time and no one dies! Is it single target spells that kill?

Weeblie

Re: OH MY GOD I'M SORRY!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:23:32 pm »
It's because he's not a player.

In my opinion, it's RP-wise not good to go around and hit people with spells, even if you know it can't hurt them. There are, as far as I know, no anti-magic shell in Hlint.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 02:26:07 pm »
This has got to be the funniest thing ever since a certain slaughter with a certain Word of Faith at a certain Fort Hope... LOL!

Acacea

RE: OH MY GOD I'M SORRY!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 02:26:28 pm »
Hlint is a no PvP area, not a dead magic zone. And I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to take a mechanical thing like a no PvP area and cast offensive spells at PCs because you know OOC that it will not hurt them or something. Heh. Some pretty scary ghosts! ;)

And HAH to Flamestrike. Heeeee. Funny.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 02:27:30 pm »
...I thought there WAS an anti magic shell on Hlint...No offensive magic worked so I always Assumed. I used the phantasmal killer spell as a "Ghost" to scare people, Because I know that it can't kill in Hlint..and I know the little Halfling Reggie Runs around setting everything on fire with no consequence....

Rhynn's only done the phantasmal killer thing twice In hlint though...Once was because someone was hitting on her and she couldn't stand it, and this was the second time...I ...Oh my god...

Acacea

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 02:30:06 pm »
I don't think anybody is doing much more than laughing and smacking their heads, so you know... caaalm!

Weeblie

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 02:32:43 pm »
Laughing... Yes!

Heeeh! :)

Amberyl Ravenclaw

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 02:33:31 pm »
    Do you get XP for killing the Town Crier and other NPCS? :D

This might be a bad qustion though...

darkwulf365

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 02:33:41 pm »
    Handled...no worries

Weeblie

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 02:36:59 pm »
    Amberyl Ravenclaw - 6/20/2006  11:33 PM

Do you get XP for killing the Town Crier and other NPCS? :D

This might be a bad qustion though...

Ah, probably an evil alignment shift and the risk of getting banned if doing it a lot... ;)

LynnJuniper

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 02:39:55 pm »
    Once again , Sorry...and Yeah, it was kinda funny..

I can't wait to see what the Crier has to asy about it *Grins*

KageKeeper

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 02:47:37 pm »
    LynnJuniper - 6/20/2006  2:27 PM

...I thought there WAS an anti magic shell on Hlint...No offensive magic worked so I always Assumed. I used the phantasmal killer spell as a "Ghost" to scare people, Because I know that it can't kill in Hlint..and I know the little Halfling Reggie Runs around setting everything on fire with no consequence....

Rhynn's only done the phantasmal killer thing twice In hlint though...Once was because someone was hitting on her and she couldn't stand it, and this was the second time...I ...Oh my god...

My sorceror gnome character once had Garent fine him for shooting magic missles at the front gate of Hlint....

lonnarin

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 02:50:16 pm »
    heh...  here's a trick that'll help you avoid such calamaties in the future.

Every time you cast a spell, the visual FX of the last one you cast is "remembered" for the emote, /o casts

Say you cast magic circle against good last, and you emote /o casts... then your character does the mojo-dance and the floor starts wisping with dark red and foggy grey flames.  It does not however reproduce anything other than the FX linked directly to your character.  So while you could hold a tiny orb of firey mana in your hand, you can't make a big pulsating fireball screaming across the battlefield.  (such things are limited to DM tools for use in quests, and I think CNR fireworks can do things like this)

Since it's mostly moving your hands and making auras, clouds, runes and balls and such, it's a bit more useful to represent magically charged rituals than offensive spells.  On the bonus side though...  you don't wind up slaughtering people.

crazedgoblin

RE: OH MY GOD I'M SORRY!
    « Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 02:53:45 pm »
    its times like this you just have to laugh, it reminds me of a time when i walked into fort hope and nothing was following (to my knowledge) me then suddenly a shadow ran in! but i was saved by a stampeed of................. CHICKENS!!!!! (no chickens were harmed in the episode, i aided them on their fight and healed them after :p)

Leanthar

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 02:59:44 pm »
    "....but i was saved by a stampeed of................. CHICKENS!!!!! (no chickens were harmed in the episode, i aided them on their fight and healed them after :p)...."

*walks away smiling and shaking his head at the thought of chickens saving our hero*  :)

Filatus

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 03:48:55 pm »
    We've all done stupid stuff like that once or twice. I accidently fireballed the crowd in the Leilon Arms once.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 04:21:51 pm »
    I know you're not an emo-kid.. but...

YOU SO EMO!

Nyralotep

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 04:35:20 pm »
    lol, thanks for making my day here at work.  That was definitely a good laugh, mainly cause I can see myself doing just the same thing  ;)