The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Its been so long. How to comeback?  (Read 557 times)

Guardian 452

Its been so long. How to comeback?
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:20:05 pm »
Hello all. The Green Ranger has thought about poking around the woods once more. But its been so long I dont even know where to start.... LOL

Ive been playing EQ2 the last few years. I do so miss the RP that came with this place. :)

I am wondering what all I need to get back into here again? IE what to download etc and where on earth to find it all. My system has been wiped mostly clean of Layo from when I used to be active. So what all will I need? Shoot I dont even know the IP and pass ... LOL

Thanks!

G-452

The following users thanked this post: YoDDa, Dorax Windsmith, Hellblazer

Dorganath

Re: Its been so long. How to comeback?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 08:25:28 pm »
Whoa!  Hey there, G!  How you been?

Start by reinstalling NWN (plus expansions), patching NWN fully and downloading the latest HAK files.

Welcome back!

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:02:02 pm »
Great to see you again!! :)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 09:08:05 pm »
Wow, I only ever heard about you.  Welcome back!  I'm new(er) so you prolly have no idea who I am but welcome back!

Guardian 452

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:21:25 pm »
Its all lies I assure you! Well unless it was something good you heard... *cough*

Im trying to get into the game, still having issues with what ive downloaded not matching it's telling me.

Wow i feel so noobish!!

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:30 pm »
It's the Dryad influence G. :)

minerva

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 09:45:35 pm »
Welcome back G ... Whether Enzo or a new character be great to spend some time with you.  I'll keep an eye out for you !

Rowana

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 10:30:06 pm »
Welcome back! One Green Forest Draft *slides it down the bar* coming up!

~row

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 10:59:17 pm »
As said earlier in Game. Welcome back and nice to have you aroud again.

LordCove

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 12:52:57 am »
Welcome back!

Guardian 452

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 01:07:03 am »
Thanks everyone for the welcome back. and OMG don'teven start with the dryads Leanthar.... *L sends Enzo a tell* ok WIS roll and make it agood one!!! *gulps* But I still insist... what a way to go if he had died! :P

I dont know for how long or how often I wll be back.. but I will say in the couple hours I was in game tonight I genuinly had fun RP'ing with those who I bumped into ....once I stopped using EQ2 controlls and started controlling my toon somewhat decent.  LOL

I had a slew of tells welcoming me back... that really meant a lot to me... thank you all...

I mean i havnt been here in ... well I dont know how long a couple years at least. Enzo's house was even still there... which really shocked me. I hope that isnt a sore subject with anyone either.. .I honestly expected it to be gone and all its lag causing crates full of my hoarded goodies to be gone.

I am told I have plenty of reading to do on changes since I was here.... I even need to have my ranger rerolled for some auto arrow skill or something?

Anyway.... thanks everyone. Layo was my first taste at a MMO and at RP, I have always loved this place. Playing, creating content, and even when I DM'd for a bit. :)

Be seeing ya!!!  

G-452

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 01:54:46 am »
Nono.. not for the auto arrow :p For the hips and stoneskin spell. The unlimited arrows are trained bows. Sorry if I wasn't clearer on that.

Guardian 452

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 02:40:43 am »
Ok, well I think I had those spells when I looked tonight. So maybe I dont have to have my toon re-rolled?

Also as best I can figure... Enzo (who is just a human) should be 116 years old from the time he was approved .... his son....(who I wanted to make a new toon once I see the result on if we can have more than 6 toons).... is already 43 I think...

I assume in cases such as these things are not taken that literal are they? If so Enzo should be dead, and I didnt want to play his son as someone that old.

EdTheKet

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 02:43:42 am »
It's Mr. Mom! ;)

Welcome back G!

Hellblazer

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 06:20:02 am »
Quote from: Guardian 452
Ok, well I think I had those spells when I looked tonight. So maybe I dont have to have my toon re-rolled?

As hips is not a spell but a feat, it may be that you have to. I've seen other rangers that had to be rerolled for that.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 06:50:48 pm »
Glad to see you back, hope to see you in game soon.  :)

lonnarin

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 07:16:49 pm »
Welcome back!  You left right around when I joined, but I remember Enzo. ;)

You should definitely not feel ashamed of playing a 120-year+ character, as it has been established that magical healing, powers and bindstones do funky things to an age modifier.  Still, out of personal preference, I retired old Earl after around 80 or so, mostly since his best friend had permed and I had a new concept in mind.

I certainly do suggest you make a new character just for fun to see all the awesome changes the team made in the world since you were away.  Evil characters can be created at the beginning bio, as well as some of the more mundane character classes.  (weaponmaster, Duelist, etc.)  Levelling above 20th is no longer restricted, you just have a big 3 million+ xp hurdle to leap, or a WLCDQ to pass to his 21st, and then the xp is more normalized.  Chongo, gods bless his brilliant lil soul, made some EXCELLENT higher-level hunting areas with an eye for terrain that's been a thing of beauty, so Enzo could hop right back into the fray and see some areas previously unexplored to him!  We no longer have ol cozy, crazy Hlint as a starter town, but rather the seedy Vehl and metro-racist Hempsteed to choose from.  Tons of new items, and lots of class revamps.  Oh yeah, and the best update of all: they uncapped the power of most dmg/level spells.  Fireballs cast by a level 40 will feel like they came from a level 40.  Lots of very fun stuff you will get to experience for the very first time... again!

Hope to see you in game, and welcome back to Layo!

Edit: oh yeah, and I think you might be interested in reading THIS update... LORE: Unlimited Ammunition Training

Chongo

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 01:22:45 am »
Brings a tear to me glass eye.

anything