The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: They're everywhere!  (Read 272 times)

laurabunny

• View Profile
    They're everywhere!
    « on: September 28, 2006, 06:18:18 pm »
    I was totally floored when I realised that one of my absolute favourite characters to RP with was played by Pankoki.  And I started to get very embarrassed - I'm incredibly insecure about my role-playing anyway (long story, but the insecurity originates in high school drama).  Then I realised that a couple of other characters I'd spoken with were GMs' characters.  I get the impression that the GMs here are all lovely, friendly people... but I'm still a bit scared of them. 0_0

So... who wants to tell me I'm stupid? Or that they know what I mean? Or... anything else?

LynnJuniper

Re: They're everywhere!
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 06:25:50 pm »
    *knocks her over the head* Yer stupid (kidding of course)

They're  a lovely bunch of people , dont feel intimidated just do your best and stay in character

they're not scary until you don't know they're there watching ;)

Kidding =P They're fun then too. Firesteep comes to mind

Yik Yik!

cbnicholson

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 08:06:02 pm »
    Aye, Daniel feeleth the sweet pangs of love each and every time Miss Maple giveth him sweet apple pie!  Sooth, if the way to man's heart be through his stomache, wilst thou marry me Miss Maple?  :P
    "Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Grid Blader

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 08:17:11 pm »
    Oh, I remeber those days.  When I first came here, my rp was very bad *Like it is any beter now :-(*  I think back to the first time I RP'ed no less with Bris and Plen.  So you will get beter and you will see how good it can be.  The GM's are player's to.  Everyone has to start some were.

Drizzlin

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 09:15:14 pm »
    Lovely or not...I still get scared for people when I see Leanthar log in...hehe

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:05:02 pm »
    Please don't think of me as a GM (or anything else that I do here) when roleplaying with my characters. I hate that.

My characters are characters and no different than anyone elses.. er, well, of course everyones characters are different, but you know what I mean I think.

The only time that I am ever acting as a GM when I am logged in as a player is when something comes up where I have to act as a GM (i.e. server rules are broken, or someone is stuck on a cliff, etc.) Basically, only when I have to.

When I'm logged in as a player, I'm a player. When I'm logged in as a GM I'm a GM. I try to keep the two as seperate as I can (like how I keep my different characters seperate) because, well, I don't want people to feel nervous around my characters for OOC reasons. With Talan, its not such a striking difference as he's someone that newer adventurers might well feel nervous around hehe, but as for me, nah, dont feel nervous around me.

Unless you're engaging in unsanctioned PvP, or exploiting something. Then be afraid. Be very afraid. ;P

Edit: @Drizzlin - Well yah, EVERYONE's afraid of leanthar *puts his hands in his pockets and walks off whistling*

Pankoki

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 10:11:55 pm »
    Brielle's great! You're doing a great job so don't overly worry much about it. We're all here to have our fun, so yeah, like Talan said, when we're on as players we're just that.

@cbnicholson: You crack me up man! Totally need to get your halfling approved  :p  

stragen

RE: They're everywhere!
    « Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:00 pm »
    Don't forget that the converse is just a true, though more difficult to do.

As a player I was able to have a few 'stealth' character lurking in the fringes of the world, which I was able to break out when the appropriate situation called for it.  One of the best and funniest tells I got from a GM was

"It's You!"

When they finally realised who was on the other end of the character.

Keep in character an play a variety of different characters to keep the GMs guessing.

Cheers,

Stragen

Weeblie

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 11:49:18 pm »
    It's when they are logged in as DMs as you should be afraid, not when they are logged in as players. ;)

See it as a excellent opportunity to learn instead. All the DMs are great role players, after all. :)

LordCove

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 12:05:51 am »
    Aye, dont worry about it. When I first turned up " I was REALLY bad...didn't have a clue to to RP"....I remember how I spoke and some of the things I used to say on my first few days, and I cringe still......and ended up going off on adventures with folks who were GMs, although I didn't know they were. I wasn't knocked down for bad RP by them, so I dont worry about it anymore. As long as youre trying.....be it good or bad. ( Thankfully for me)

Gunther

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 07:41:29 pm »
    I remember one time I had Gunther showing Berhagen to what I thought were a couple newbs.  Turns out one of em was a Pankoki character.  I didnt realize until the very end of the expedition and pretty much had to laugh at myself.

lonnarin

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 10:32:26 pm »
    Farros and Earl Love Brielle.  And yes, Pankoki rocks in all forms. ;)

Ne'er

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 01:59:30 pm »
    Don't ever be scared of a GM when RPing. After all, we were all new to this stuff at one point in time (Layo was my first real RP experience). So no one is going to be too critical of the way you play :)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 07:01:29 pm »
    Yeah, the DMs pretty much are everywhere. It's pretty nifty, seeing them around... And Pan's GREAT fun. Maple's my favorite halfling. (Sorry Acacea.)

I'd say the only DM I've never actually RPed with (to my knowledge) is... Umm...

Wow. Even with the new ones, I can't say there's a single one.

Nifty.

lonnarin

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 11:23:01 pm »
    If only Orth brought back Jay Peacemeadow!  Liked the way he played that hobbit fighter, wish I saw more of him.

Tanman

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 09:18:43 pm »

laurabunny - 9/29/2006  1:18 PM

I was totally floored when I realised that one of my absolute favourite characters to RP with was played by Pankoki.  And I started to get very embarrassed - I'm incredibly insecure about my role-playing anyway (long story, but the insecurity originates in high school drama).  Then I realised that a couple of other characters I'd spoken with were GMs' characters.  I get the impression that the GMs here are all lovely, friendly people... but I'm still a bit scared of them. 0_0

So... who wants to tell me I'm stupid? Or that they know what I mean? Or... anything else?
    '
    I remember RP with your character a few times when Eghaas had issues. You were great. And you were good at RP when listening to Eghaas story at Hampshire. :D And you are certainly not stupid.
    The DMs are great when interacting with them. I learnt a whole lot. And its really fun. I still remember Maple making fun of my character's name *shakes a fist* :)

The thing is, although you may feel embarrassed, nobody knows about it especially in an environment such as Layonara. Continuing Acting your character, and you'll find that your insecurities will go away. :)

See you ingame.
    Drizzlin

Now do you mean Leanthar logging in as a DM or logging in as player...would love to know :) He is not a evil person is he? :P

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 10:41:12 pm »
    Tanman - 10/2/2006  10:18 PM

Drizzlin

Now do you mean Leanthar logging in as a DM or logging in as player...would love to know :) He is not a evil person is he? :P

According to Leanthar he is CG and TN while he is DMing, though numerous players have stated to the contrary that he is NE while DMing >:P

Tanman

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 11:08:30 pm »
    Oh dear! I meant does Leanthar play as a character like Maple, and if so what alignment does he play? :P

LordCove

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 06:09:57 am »
    I dont think L does play as a char.....if so.....I'd wager hes logging in under a different name so no one whos who he is.

Sneaky bugger *chuckles*

Dorganath

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 06:21:45 am »
    Leanthar does have a character...but heh...anything more is classified information  :)