The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: voice sets  (Read 474 times)

Link092

voice sets
« on: December 09, 2008, 02:09:39 pm »
I saw a dispute/grievance thread with a thumbnail if several voice sets. I was curious as to where I can get those...

I might have missed it when I first started.

Thanks
Link092

s0ulz

Re: voice sets
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:05:31 pm »
It requires an override to unlock the voicesets that came with the games.

Try this: All Voices+Minsc -- Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault

Just put the file in your override folder and voila. The best part about voicesets is that they're userbased, so you dont have to worry about the listener having them - they'll hear the voiceset.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 06:59:23 pm »
ha! if I knew that before hehe.

LordCove

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 07:07:14 pm »
Minsc! I can have Minsc!!!!!

Can I have a miniature Giant Space Hamster too?!?

Pleasssseeee!

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 07:11:38 pm »
Sadly Minsc is not one of them, since this patch is just an override that unlocks the voices already included in the base game.  When selecting one, make certain to keep clicking the voice selection all the way through to play each and every one of its expressions, else you might end up with one that references the wrong name or a forgotten realms god like Mystra.

Weeblie

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 07:34:59 pm »
1) Beware that majority of the non-standard voicesets are not complete (i.e. they don't have sounds for all actions/emotes that normally do have sounds). Generally, it's not a big deal, but one might wish to check this by creating a character in one's own module.

2) It is strongly -not- recommended to have 2da files in the override folder during actual gameplay. Creating a character with a non-standard voiceset is probably fine, but remember to remove the file again when you are done.

Chongo

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:46:37 pm »
Quote from: Weeblie
2) It is strongly -not- recommended to have 2da files in the override folder during actual gameplay. Creating a character with a non-standard voiceset is probably fine, but remember to remove the file again when you are done.

I thought that was just with NWN 2.  I've got overrides for all sorts of things in my nwn folder.

... is that why the crash monkey keeps throwing DT's at me?

Script Wrecked

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 09:46:19 pm »
[INDENT]"Ahh... We are all heroes; you and Boo and I. Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!"[/INDENT]

And, would you believe it, their own website.

Ah, sweet nostalgia...

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

stragen

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 02:21:54 am »
Script,

We know what your next character should be now.

That particular voiceset unlocker isn't the one I use.  

But I do believe that it includes minsc as there are a number of .wav files in the package. However other people won't be able to hear that voice unless they also download this package.

-Stragen

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:48:20 am »
This thread carries so many memories ...

You Point I punch..

To the eyes Boo.... to the eyes..

Swords not words !!!!

Instant classics,

LordCove

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 03:47:12 am »
"Magic is impressive. But now... Minsc leads!... Swords for everyone!"

" A den of stinking evil... cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!   *squeak "

Heh... we should just have a Minsc appreciation thread  ;)

ycleption

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 01:57:32 pm »
Is it possible to use a custom voice set then, for the purpose of not letting other people hear it?

I really truly loathe the voice-sets provided, and have always played with the voices turned off on nwn... I would love it if other players weren't forced to hear an ill-fitting voice-set for my characters...

Chongo

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 09:28:53 pm »
In most of the overrides there is a blank voiceset yclep.  So yes, you can turn off your voice with that.

Link092

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 10:00:55 pm »
I can see Brandon saying something like this with Richie in the party...

"Go for the eyes, Richie! Go for the eyes!"

;)

anything